Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would think twice about spending money on Smite

excelle123excelle123 Member Posts: 2

Take some advice from the Global Agenda and Tribes Ascend communities.... Smite may be the latest shiny new object for HiRez to focus all of their attention on but the moment a new game (GA2) comes along, they will stop supporting Smite entirely, the same way they ditched GA and TA. Tribes Ascend was barely out a year before it happened and HiRez told us that Tribes was a "labor of love" and that they would support the game for a long time. Well, it didn't take long for them to show that they clearly lied to us.

Its your money so if you want to waste it on a game that won't be supported a year from now be my guest. Personally, I will never spend another dime on a HiRez game.

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I have been playing this for about a year.  Pretty worth it for me considering I only gave what was it? 30? for the god pack.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• excelle123excelle123 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Castillle
    I have been playing this for about a year.  Pretty worth it for me considering I only gave what was it? 30? for the god pack.

Enjoy it while it lasts but the second they find an new game Smite will be dead and all of that time and any money you put into it won't matter. Personally, I prefer investing money and time into games that will be around for a few years but that's just me I guess.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

Smite is a pretty cool game.  I bought the pack for $30 a few months ago and if they stop development tomorrow, I would feel as if I got my money's worth.

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Don't think its happening.The game is one of its kind (3rd person moba) and is the best.Played for couple of months when there were not many gods back then.They wont stop supporting their money flow game in terms of future sight.IF GA2 falls how do they get up then? Smite has its own playerbase already.And its an open-ended game type for tournaments and future plans.

beLIEve

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Originally posted by excelle123

Enjoy it while it lasts but the second they find an new game Smite will be dead and all of that time and any money you put into it won't matter. Personally, I prefer investing money and time into games that will be around for a few years but that's just me I guess.

Dude, playing any game really doesn't matter in the long run from a money standpoint.

What matters is ones enjoyment applied to money spent. . .

for me, 30$ is 15 minutes of work vs. 851 hours of SMITE goodness.

(Smite hours based on Raptr account hours logged)

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

For all the hours I put into Smite, I wouldn't give a crap if they cancelled it tomorrow.  $30 for even just a week of playing a good game for a month is a pretty good deal.  I pay $60 for games that last 6 hours.  If your criteria for a game to be "worth it" is that it be constantly updated for years, then you must not play very many games.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Take some advice from the Global Agenda and Tribes Ascend communities.... Smite may be the latest shiny new object for HiRez to focus all of their attention on but the moment a new game (GA2) comes along, they will stop supporting Smite entirely, the same way they ditched GA and TA. Tribes Ascend was barely out a year before it happened and HiRez told us that Tribes was a "labor of love" and that they would support the game for a long time. Well, it didn't take long for them to show that they clearly lied to us.

Its your money so if you want to waste it on a game that won't be supported a year from now be my guest. Personally, I will never spend another dime on a HiRez game.

i think about a month ago, they said they took everybody off of GA2 and have pretty much everybody working on smite now.

• Iced0verIced0ver Member Posts: 49

I've spent $120 on this game. Been playing since the start, and still do at least once a day. Love it. I hope others will continue to support it.

Saying, don't spend money it because it won't get supported is absolutely backwards. How do you expect them to support it if they don't get money? Think about it!

• KeldienKeldien Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Iced0ver

I've spent $120 on this game. Been playing since the start, and still do at least once a day. Love it. I hope others will continue to support it.

Saying, don't spend money it because it won't get supported is absolutely backwards. How do you expect them to support it if they don't get money? Think about it!

Normally, that would be entirely true.  With HiRez, it's hit-or-miss.  Plenty of people were shelling out money for Tribes Ascend, to get new skins and new weapons.  Where is that game now?  The last update was months ago, last I saw, and it was a handful of bug fixes; no new content is being planned.

Global Agenda is a bit more forgivable - I don't think it ever reached the amount of numbers they needed to sustain it; at least, not concurrently.  I know on my part, I would go back to GA every few months.

Who knows, though, SMITE could be entirely different.  Maybe it's making enough money, and has enough support that they will continue to update it - I could have said the same about Tribes, though, and look where it is now.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Megilindir
    Don't think its happening.The game is one of its kind (3rd person moba) and is the best.

There was another 3rd Person MOBA that came before it.  Land of Chaos Online.  ...I think it shut down, though (apparently one update that revamped everything really screwed it over and made it terrible?  When will devs ever learn...)