Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: The Dark Below Trademarked

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

UPDATE: It is very likely that this is related to World of Warcraft and will involve the Burning Legion and Sargaras himself. Check out WoWWiki.com for more information.

Blizzard has trademarked The Dark Below and listed it as computer game software. The reference seems tailor made to either a Diablo III or World of Warcraft expansion. What do you think?

• Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices

Blizzard has also promised a big announcement and trailer to be shown at this week's Gamescom. We'll keep you posted as things develop.

Source: MMO-Champion

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Diablo 2 expansion clearly ;P 
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Really hoping WoW.

They need something dark and evil and chaotic to bring some of the "serious" back into Warcraft - after Goblins and Werewolves and then Pandas and super bright color palettes they need to bring some BC/WotLK type darkness/evil back into the game.

BC finished the story of Illidan, LK finished the story of Arthas, CATA finished the story of the dragons and Thrall, MoP was/is kind of out in left field, but at least is bringing/brought some of the Alliance/Horde conflict back into the game.

Now they need to finish the story of the Burning Legion.

Bring back Sargeras!

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237
    For sure Diablo 2, it has been so long since they released an expansion for it.
  • beavermonkbeavermonk Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Was that a typo and should of read Diablo 3?
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Really hoping WoW.

They need something dark and evil and chaotic to bring some of the "serious" back into Warcraft - after Goblins and Werewolves and then Pandas and super bright color palettes they need to bring some BC/WotLK type darkness/evil back into the game.

BC finished the story of Illidan, LK finished the story of Arthas, CATA finished the story of the dragons and Thrall, MoP was/is kind of out in left field, but at least is bringing/brought some of the Alliance/Horde conflict back into the game.

Bring back Sargeras!

Yeah but u still need level 85-90 in mop if new expasion comes so its have left DEEP scar on wow:/

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Really hoping WoW.

they need to finish the story of the Burning Legion.

Bring back Sargeras!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Sargeras

In an interview to Chris Metzen and Micky Neilson they said that "he's out there somewhere", that "you can’t put him down" and "he’s not going to stay down for long". At last Metzen said: I'd be very disappointed in us if we didn’t leverage him fully.[11]

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/chris_metzen_micky_neilson_pocket_star_books_lore_qa_video_interview

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    What's this diablo 2 nonsense? It's clearly a Diablo 1 expansion or maybe a Lost Vikings expansion. Been waiting forever.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Really hoping WoW.

Bring back Sargeras!

Yeah but u still need level 85-90 in mop if new expasion comes so its have left DEEP scar on wow:/

Here is my crazy thought/idea:

Blizz has been talking about a number crunch. The numbers in MoP are getting too big, we're up to half a million and more health, insanely high like hundreds of thousands of damage per second...

The new 5.4 patch is introducing their version of public quests, dynamic events on the new island instead of dailies, though they've experimented with it somewhat with Barrens public quests and of course the classic pre-expansion world events.

They've put in new systems like the Challenge mode dungeons that auto-scale your gear, and "flex-raiding" to adjust the content based on the size of the group along with Scenarios to create more "soft trinity" small group gameplay.

All of this new tech and system together leads to a much more fluid, dynamic WoW - which is the way the genre as a whole is heading with like GW2, Wildstar, EQN, etc.

What they should do...

90 to 95 (or 100) takes place mostly in Azeroth proper, using the number crunch + their scaling tech to back scale your level/relative power while still being able to feel like you are advancing your toon and getting new abilities, battling against the invasion of the Burning Legion in both a "main" story-line quest arc and many, many different and varied public quest / event system.

Actually go down to "The Dark Below" i.e. the Twisted Nether towards max level and in dungeons / raids and max level repeatable events. Still able to participate in the events in the new war-torn and under siege Azeroth, with new areas opening to conflict or being "secured" or "lost" as the patch cycle of the expansion advances, also of course opening new dungeons and raids.

Like go into Nether and fight various captains and sub bosses, with final patch cycle invasion of Azeroth by Sargeras himself with a final confrontation at a re-awakened and risen Well of Eternity.

Not sure exactly what to do with the 1-90 game, but shake things up somehow... a complete rework like Cataclysm would be out of the picture IMO, but maybe the 1-90 game is also all in Azeroth proper and the zones not a part of the 90-95/100 game you could do the same kind of main story + public quest/event system.

I don't think anyone is going to come back or try WoW new if they have to slog through the same old 1-90 again.

But if as the patch cycles progress, level 100s or whatever are scaled down to 10 or 30 etc. and participate in public quests and event chains with leveling-up characters, that'd be pretty sweet.

Yes, it's borrowing HEAVILY from GW2 but that is the direction things are going, but it'd still be WoW with instanced PvP and raiding and dungeons and trinity mechanics (mechanics could be "soft" in events like they are in scenarios)

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I m actually getting really excited for WoW again.

I'm not entirely sure there are that many new players for WoW to attract. If you haven't played WoW in the last 10 years, chances are you probably won't.

Not to mention they've lost 3-4 million subs since Cata, I'm sure they'd be perfectly happy to recapture a chunk of those.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Great a Diablo trading card game!

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    If its WOW and they re-visit Burning Crusade, I might even come back for a bit.  BC was the best expansion for any game ever, and its been crap since
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

world of warcraft: The Dark Below

DiabloIII:The Dark Below

what sounds better?....D3 of course!!!! since we fought Diablo up in the heavens would be great to have a full on endless dungeon down below w/o diablo and demons runnign amok!!!

woo hoo!!!!!= then again its blizzard so, maybe they add mickey mouse to the mix.

:(

anyhoot= hoping for D3 announcement!

wow dosent have the 'heavens' in their lore.
    Originally posted by orbitxo

world of warcraft: The Dark Below

DiabloIII:The Dark Below

what sounds better?....D3 of course!!!! since we fought Diablo up in the heavens would be great to have a full on endless dungeon down below w/o diablo and demons runnign amok!!!

woo hoo!!!!!= then again its blizzard so, maybe they add mickey mouse to the mix.

:(

anyhoot= hoping for D3 announcement!

wow dosent have the 'heavens' in their lore.

I'll take either, but:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Below

That could help explain. Also we're due for another WoW xpac at this point.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I liked D3, so that's why I would want an x pac for it.
  • BLOBtheTROLLBLOBtheTROLL Member Posts: 75
    diablo 2 exp would be relly epic
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Sounds like a new fishing game!
  • lortegedlorteged Member Posts: 143
    I really hope it is something for D3.. I had such high hopes for that game. Another era of addiction in my favoritte universe. But D3 wasn't it so it could be nice if an expansion could bring back the fire in Diablo, and make it cool to be a Diablo player once again.
  • newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

Why is this under D3?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ozumat

Ozumat is a giant kraken in WoW. His title is <Fiend of the Dark Below>

This is the next WoW expansion. South Seas, Queen Azshara, playable Naga!

• LehoxLehox Member UncommonPosts: 19

As already mentioned in Blizz-Forums.

The Legion isnt dead, just failed several times 2 Archenemys of Azeroth still out there and so - it has potential and is PURPOSEDLY misleading into an D3 aspect. At least the latter was my thought of it.

• Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66
      Poor reporting by mmorpg staff member to name this post Diablo 3: The Dark Below. It implies that they have some kind of inside information that this is a D3 expansion when they don't. The title is misleading and should be changed.
  • gobikgobik Member Posts: 19
    Oh so you can't say that Diablo 3 is a bad game or else moderator warn your account for "Trolling".
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    If it were for Diablo 3 it would have promptly been named The Deep Pockets: Rise Of The Credit Cards.
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Really hoping WoW.

Bring back Sargeras!

I couldn't agree more with this. I Love dark and gritty and areas of WoW!

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842
    This is clearly a WoW expansion, it's almost obvious as the name implies a certain area in WoW. Sorry Diablo 3 fans, but you wont see an expansion till maybe mid next year. They just finished the console version and have nothing planned till the end of the year besides the next patch. Diablo 3 may not even get an expansion with the amount of people who no longer play it. They burned themselves with the money AH and they know it. If it wasn't for there forum goers this game would of been shut down by now. This game had such a huge potential and they screwed it over by making it to softcore which is the opposite of what you want from a dungeon grinder.

Plus they already have an announcement and trailer coming tomorrow. If this was for Diablo 3 they would of hinted something in one of there many dev interviews.