Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Will our leader or Tr``o´´ll``o´´lXZorZ be our Emperor?

2»

Comments

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Privacy Preferred, NCPosts: 1,059Member
    I am jaded so I think the development team has already thought of this and will likely replace the Emperor's name tag with a generic one of their own that reads "Ruler of Tamerial" removing their player selected identity for as long as they hold the title and making them something else (ie a generic ruler and target.)
  • KuanshuKuanshu Des Moines, IAPosts: 272Member
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
    Originally posted by Kendane
    Originally posted by Daaken
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
    Originally posted by Miklosan

So, I'm not really sure about how things will work but I think someone mentioned something about that the most successful faction will get the throne in Imperial City and one of them will be the Emperor of Tamriel. (for a while or til next time so to speak).

But, and here's my question, will there be a npc leader for the winning faction that will get the throne. (Like if Varian Wrynn would be the leader of Azeroth if WoW had the same system - just an example folks!!!)

Or.... could my Emperor of Tamriel be player:  "Tr``o´´ll``o´´lXZ0rZ" ????  I think you all know why I wonder this....

Dont forget, because there will be Multiple Campaigns (instances) of Cyrodiil, you will have 100s of "Emperors"

The phrase "There can be only One" does not apply in ESO

And this is why I will always play on a role play preferred server, or in this case campaign.

Eh that rarely works either. I was on a RP server where someone with some really stupid name outright mocked rpers calling them basement dweller virgins, and he never got banned. I really won't be surprised if we have the reign of Pwnzty Newbster even on an RP campaign.

Im guessing he never played LOTRO on Landroval(RP) and had the "pleasure" of playing with the likes of Dilldo Teabaginns, Legomyass and other fine players

LOL on an RP server?

I was on Gladden and was the first player to level 50 (hunter named Aniyunwiya). Switched to Monster Play and quit playing shortly afterwards. I hear their getting the shaft still simply because Monster Players are not destined to ever be on par with Player Characters. There was a good number of lifetime subscribers back when the game was starting out. Wonder how many sold off their lifetime accounts as the game became F2P.

Im surprised a developer hasn't made it so a players names are not emphasized. I remember getting a really bad rep playing LOTRO as I terrorized the Monster Player zone as a player and as a monster player. It got so bad that I was being false reported repeatedly for made up stuff simply because people get mad easily in a game and if enough of them report you (even if its not true), you will get either suspended or banned, temporarily or permanently.

Go figure

• DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,901Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Elikal

I already see the book entries in Elder Scrolls VI:

2E246 reign of Trollolol II., son of XxxRoxxor the Mad

2E247 reign of Gandalfffff I.

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

2E249 reign of XxxTehShepardxxX

ad nauseam...

I will be thy Ruler

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 8,063Member
    Originally posted by Distopia

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

ad nauseam...

I will be thy Ruler

*stares blank*

Is that someone I should know? o.0

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GorweGorwe ZagrebPosts: 2,472Member Uncommon
    No. No no no.

Your ruler will be:

T3h NO0b.

Man am I glad that I'll be able to see RPers only! Bless the megaserver tech! So I don't have to deal with "No0biEl SePtiM" and the like...

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

ad nauseam...

I will be thy Ruler

*stares blank*

Never watched Firefly? He's The Shephard..

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,608Member Uncommon

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

ad nauseam...

I will be thy Ruler

*stares blank*

Shepherd Derrial Book from Firefly... "teh Shepard"

(Or Detective Ron Harris from Barney Miller if you're old :) )

• ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 8,063Member
    Originally posted by Iselin

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

ad nauseam...

I will be thy Ruler

*stares blank*

Shepherd Derrial Book from Firefly... "teh Shepard"

(Or Detective Ron Harris from Barney Miller if you're old :) )

Firefly? Shepard? I am sorry I know none of these. But then I live in Germany. We do have a lot of US TV series, but not all come here. Hmm. Something I missed? Oh well. I imagine Emperors a bit more regal. Uriel Septim VII of Daggerfall and Oblivion was more to my liking. Especially with the voice of Patrick Steward. ^^

I still remember the Daggerfall Intro. I really loved Daggerfall, even though it is cheesy by today's standards. ^^

Ah there it is. Cool voice. The intro somehow still makes me shudder in awe of the drama. :)

(Why does he put videos always on top??)

"For tah-morrow you sail for the kingdom of DAGGERFALL!" :D

Ah, like the Empire. Shame it fell apart.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Firefly? Shepard? I am sorry I know none of these. But then I live in Germany. We do have a lot of US TV series, but not all come here. Hmm. Something I missed? Oh well. I imagine Emperors a bit more regal. Uriel Septim VII of Daggerfall and Oblivion was more to my liking. Especially with the voice of Patrick Steward. ^^

I still remember the Daggerfall Intro. I really loved Daggerfall, even though it is cheesy by today's standards. ^^

Ah there it is. Cool voice. The intro somehow still makes me shudder in awe of the drama. :)

It aired years ago at this point, It's all over the net though, it's definitely worth a watch if you are into American dialogue. Also watch the movie called Serenity (based on the show). It was done by the guy who did the Avengers.

• fistormfistorm Smalltown, WIPosts: 836Member Common
    Originally posted by Miklosan

Normally I don't mind people having silly names, it's easy to ignore them. But as an Emperor in a Teso? Nope, that is just immersionbreaking.

Problem is that we don't have different serversettings like PvP aswell as RPPVP. Now, I'm not a heavy roleplayer though but a nick like I gave as an example in OP as an Emperor.....really?

I think the point of view to take is, in the story of eso, during this timeline we have been given in the ES lore,  many many emperpors took the throne, and they were dethroned, many were not fit to sit on the throne until Septim had crushed all and kept his lineage on the throne for over 24 generations.   that being said, you can bet people not fit to be leaders at one time or another claimed glory in those days.

As far as emperors go,  when have you ever looked at an emperor as supreme ruler...   After all you can be Ulfric Stormcloak and a lot of people looked at the leader of the rebellion higher then the emperor who they thought was a joke anyways at times.

During these days of emperors, it was the Arena, where death and life was on both sides of a coin that was flipped each day!  There was great mourning,  If you want RP you can pretend that your mourning over the fact the emperor has a name you do not like.  and you can flip that coin again and become the next Ulfric Stormcloak, or perhaps in this case, be the guy in Skyrim standing by the marketplace doing his Tallos Shouting.

• GorweGorwe ZagrebPosts: 2,472Member Uncommon
    Ulfric ftw! The one and true leader of Skyrim!
  • crack_foxcrack_fox WellingtonPosts: 402Member
    Ruthless, power-crazed, egotistical ass-hats becoming emperors? Unheard of! 
2»