Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Multiboxing be allowed in WildStar?

PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103

This is a question which has yet to see an official answer from the publisher or developer of WildStar.

Will players be allowed to play more than one account at the same time while allowing one key press to go to all of the accounts at the same time?  

All of the currently available MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) today with the exception of one minor one, allow key presses to go to more than one account at the same time.  Every MMORPG's End User License Agreement, User Agreement, Terms of Service allow playing more than one account at the same time and allow key presses to go to all of the accounts at the same time.  There is no MMORPG today that has an EULA, TOS or otherwise User Agreement which restricts the player from playing more than one account at the same time and using a key press to go to more than one account.  As mentioned, there is one minor MMORPG which although their User Agreement allows a single key press to go to more than one account, the maker of that game will ban players if they do it.

So what is the official response from Carbine or NCSoft about WildStar in this regard?  Are players allowed to play more than one account at the same time while using key presses and mouse clicks to go to all accounts at the same time?

Please do not respond here with your opinion on whether it should be allowed or not, that's not the question.  Everyone has an opinion on it, but this message thread is not about asking for an opinion on the use of multiboxing in MMORPGs.  This thread is specifically asking for the official response from Carbine or NCSoft about WildStar as it relates to playing more than one account at the same time.

Comments

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Does a NCSoft representative even read this? Doesn't seem very productive to look for an official response on an unofficial channel, you should try a support ticket on their website.
  • ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222
    asking a question directed at carbine in mmorpg.com . .. or the very least try wildstar fansite forum, but nooooo  , mmorpg.com is the way to go. 
  • EzbeeEzbee Member Posts: 31

ive decided to respond with my opinion and you cant stop me.

my opinion is that you should try asking the devs instead of people who have nothing to do with the game who dont know the answer.

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by EricDanie
    Does a NCSoft representative even read this? Doesn't seem very productive to look for an official response on an unofficial channel, you should try a support ticket on their website.

Actually they are very active on Wildstar-central, because they don't have their own forum up atm.

Anyways, multiboxing is certainly in.   No company would be dumb enough to turn down free money.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by jesusjuice69

Actually they are very active on Wildstar-central, because they don't have their own forum up atm.

Anyways, multiboxing is certainly in.   No company would be dumb enough to turn down free money.

Actually there is one MMORPG company that is dumb enough to turn down free money.  But I digress further as it won't really achieve anything here in going through the details.

• VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Simple question, How can they stop you?
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Originally posted by Prepared
    Originally posted by jesusjuice69

Actually there is one MMORPG company that is dumb enough to turn down free money.  But I digress further as it won't really achieve anything here in going through the details.

I'm curious; who doesn't allow multi-boxing? Most companies don't mind since it just means you'll be paying them more.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

i hope it doesnt. multi boxing ruins communities(why group if you can do it all yourself) and makes boting easier.

i wish all mmos would ban and block the practice

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    The devs have posted that  multi-boxing is fine but that with all the movement required it will be very difficult.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Prepared

This is a question which has yet to see an official answer from the publisher or developer of WildStar.

Will players be allowed to play more than one account at the same time while allowing one key press to go to all of the accounts at the same time?  

All of the currently available MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) today with the exception of one minor one, allow key presses to go to more than one account at the same time.  Every MMORPG's End User License Agreement, User Agreement, Terms of Service allow playing more than one account at the same time and allow key presses to go to all of the accounts at the same time.  There is no MMORPG today that has an EULA, TOS or otherwise User Agreement which restricts the player from playing more than one account at the same time and using a key press to go to more than one account.  As mentioned, there is one minor MMORPG which although their User Agreement allows a single key press to go to more than one account, the maker of that game will ban players if they do it.

So what is the official response from Carbine or NCSoft about WildStar in this regard?  Are players allowed to play more than one account at the same time while using key presses and mouse clicks to go to all accounts at the same time?

Please do not respond here with your opinion on whether it should be allowed or not, that's not the question.  Everyone has an opinion on it, but this message thread is not about asking for an opinion on the use of multiboxing in MMORPGs.  This thread is specifically asking for the official response from Carbine or NCSoft about WildStar as it relates to playing more than one account at the same time.

I used to 2-box EQ and WoW, sure wish I had known about this entire one-button thing, would have made playing SO much easier...image

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!