Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please feed your money to this Kickstarter

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I have been begging for more great JRPGs for the PC for like... Ever. So I highly recommend putting your money into the Project Phoenix Kickstarter as it has a lot of professionals on board and looks like it could be something special! And no I am one of their marketing people or whatever trying to hype up the game. I am just someone who has been wanting a great JRPG on the PC for a very long time!

EDIT: Forgot to give link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent

Smile

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I don't buy wishful thinking.

I may consider buying a game when it is out, not before, and certainly not on KS.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Might be good, but it's clearly stated that it's a single player game with only the possibility of it going multiplayer/co-op as a stretch goal.
  • HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I may consider buying a game when it is out, not before, and certainly not on KS.

ditto...And, if I were to I would most likely put my money behind divergence more then anything else (it's been on my radar for some time now).

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Helleri

ditto...And, if I were to I would most likely put my money behind divergence more then anything else (it's been on my radar for some time now).

What? It's a completely different genre and it's pretty obvious this game is going to be released... Look at the people making it. These aren't your ameteur indie developers.

Smile

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Razeekster

What? It's a completely different genre and it's pretty obvious this game is going to be released... Look at the people making it. These aren't your ameteur indie developers.

Raz, there are a whole subset of posters here that you basically learn to ignore.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

So what if this game is likely to be released. If i like it, i can always buy it AFTER it is released. There is zero reason for me to support a KS.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I have been begging for more great JRPGs for the PC for like... Ever. So I highly recommend putting your money into the Project Phoenix Kickstarter as it has a lot of professionals on board and looks like it could be something special! And no I am one of their marketing people or whatever trying to hype up the game. I am just someone who has been wanting a great JRPG on the PC for a very long time!

EDIT: Forgot to give link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent

Thanks for the link, Raz!  JRPG-style games are hard to come by over here, so this is something I'm rather interested in.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

So what if this game is likely to be released. If i like it, i can always buy it AFTER it is released. There is zero reason for me to support a KS.

I think Raz was questioning Divergence over Project Phoenix, and not really questioning one's choice to do KS or not.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre