Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm hoping this game has a major, grandiose cash shop.

Comments

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Yeah, Allods model will be best for EQN. <3
  • DracockDracock Member Posts: 75

I agree there is such thing as money grabs in gaming. I just don't think a cash shop is indicative of that.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Dracock
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Calm down mine fuhrer, I'll edit the typo.

I know what you meant, I just couldn't resist the joke.

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248

I thought the player content would be sold by the players to the community, then I realized it's basically the community selling SOE products for SOE lol. :)

That's what rekindled my faith in mankind.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Psion33

I thought the player content would be sold by the players to the community, then I realized it's basically the community selling SOE products for SOE lol. :)

No, it's more like the community selling their own products for SoE.

Remember when we used to actually joke about our MMOs being like part time jobs?

Well................

Remember when we used to actually joke about our MMOs being like part time jobs?

Well................

Well, same difference. Now they're working for free. I mean it's poetic justice. They want free stuff, now they having to develop for SOE for free. :)

You see how picture perfect that is?

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    So many people trolled for lack of reading comprehension.I salute you OP!!!
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    So many people trolled for lack of reading comprehension.I salute you OP!!!

/bow

/drinks

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Well................

Well, same difference. Now they're working for free. I mean it's poetic justice. They want free stuff, now they having to develop for SOE for free. :)

Actually it is they pay SOE to get cash shop items to build stuff then sell items back to others to use while most of the profits go to SOE.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
    Originally posted by ArChWind

Well................

Actually it is they pay SOE to get cash shop items to build stuff then sell items back to others to use while most of the profits go to SOE.

I've read that all of the profits go to SOE as you have no wallet, you only make the purchases from SOE. (Real money.)

• kruss11kruss11 Member Posts: 12
    You could have saved all your time typing that and just said I want a game thats PAY TO WIN.  What a scrub.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Can't tell whether a sadist or just sarcastic.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334

Maybe you need to get a job. Perhaps then, the $10-15 they try to get out of you a month wont seem like such a greedy business model. You see, those exp bonus potions are there to compensate people that actually work for a living, and don't just live off the government/parents ect.

I'm sure you can spend hundreds of dollars building some elegant Villa in Qeynos. Can't afford it? Don't want to spend the money? Then don't.

I have yet to encounter this f2p model that requires vast sums of money to "stay competitive," that these threads reference. Its almost always a bunch of aesthetic stuff for the enthusiasts with money. This allows one guy to pay what would normally take a dozen of subscriptions, which benefits the freeloaders. This is apparent to anyone that understands the link between the profit of the game and the investment it receives.

Ahh... An argument from incredulity.

"I've never seen it, so it mustn't exist".

How I do love logical fallacies.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

I agree there is such thing as money grabs in gaming. I just don't think a cash shop is indicative of that.

God forbid that Blizzard should charge a transaction fee for completed transactions used by players to make money they never would have made without the in-game tools Blizzard created for them.

Greedy!!

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Nice one OP

so many clueless people

Originally posted by Myrdynn

Nice one OP

so many clueless people

/can-i-buy-you-drank

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Popori
    You should go into business.

Read between the lines. His message isn't in his words.

Nu uh.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

I want this game to be THE GAME that essentially puts the nails in the coffin for people without cash to be locked out of end game and end game play.

I want this game to be the final rift between F2P's giving of free features and F2P's pay to win business strategy.

I want them to put so much in the cash shop you can spend until your hearts content all the while ensuring you can't hit max level or gear without cash shop or some payment. We don't want freeloaders in/around this game so they can hop along like the rabbits they are.

I want this game to say from the beginning they are F2P (so far so good) and with that don't cater to the masses who have empty purses and wallets. Don't give us freebies. Don't give away nothing. Make us earn something, work for it. I'm tired of seeing everyone around me want free crap and free this and free that.

Give us a sense of worth by smashing those "freeloaders" as we call it. Seriously, this game can do it since so many are looking to it as a free "end all" game for those with little to no cash.

Do this, and you'll have money coming from all angles. Everyone will support you.

DON'T CATER TO THE WEAK.

https://careers.ea.com/students/careers/

But on a serious note, I agree.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I hope there is a lot of "fluff" or whatever that will make me want to buy it...

I have had Station Access active for a long time (tho I haven't really played in a long time) so between that and a few expansions I have like 15,000 SC and nothing I'd want to spend it on.

Originally posted by Ayulin

Maybe you need to get a job. Perhaps then, the $10-15 they try to get out of you a month wont seem like such a greedy business model. You see, those exp bonus potions are there to compensate people that actually work for a living, and don't just live off the government/parents ect.

I'm sure you can spend hundreds of dollars building some elegant Villa in Qeynos. Can't afford it? Don't want to spend the money? Then don't.

I have yet to encounter this f2p model that requires vast sums of money to "stay competitive," that these threads reference. Its almost always a bunch of aesthetic stuff for the enthusiasts with money. This allows one guy to pay what would normally take a dozen of subscriptions, which benefits the freeloaders. This is apparent to anyone that understands the link between the profit of the game and the investment it receives.

Ahh... An argument from incredulity.

"I've never seen it, so it mustn't exist".

How I do love logical fallacies.

And yet... you total misapply this one. When did I say "it doesn't exit" or "it never will exist?" Furthermore, do you have any evidence to suspect that EQN will be different than the host of other cash shop games ran by SoE? I have no reason to believe it will be pay to play. This is why I'm skeptical of baseless suggestions otherwise.

Originally posted by Shadowguy64

God forbid that Blizzard should charge a transaction fee for completed transactions used by players to make money they never would have made without the in-game tools Blizzard created for them.

Greedy!!

Yea, most people thought trying to coerce people into buying $250 items to play "inferno mode" was pretty greedy.

Honestly, I quit d3 because it was boring (Made over 1.5k doing it actually). I don't particularly like the genre.

Nevertheless, if you don't think people like Kotick are bad for the industry, IDK what to tell you.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well OP you just covered two no brainers,NOBODY likes free loaders but you also miss another important point,nobody SHOULD like getting ripped off either.

We are still miles from release anyhow,so anything is just speculation.We will let SOE decide their own fate.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Im surprised it took em this long to figure out where the real money was at...

Early on I was making cash selling characters til gold farming got organized

I kept telling them the money isn't subs its more in the gold/characters/items being auctioned off online and couldn't fathom why they didn't just put up what players call a cash shop these days

I even found myself buying gold from time to time whilst playing World of Warcraft as there was so much competition you could get your hands on 1000s of gold for cheap

Remember a player thanking a publisher/developer for creating and releasing a game because he paid for his entire education, bought a house and a car and had no debt because of all the money he made selling virtual gold, items, characters

Do freeloaders even exist anymore?

This game could have the biggest most grandiose cash shop imaginable yet it isnt going to keep dedicated, hard working players excluded because they choose to be frugal, as that isn't smart, at all

This is capitalism at its finest...include them all...section them out accordingly...virtual representation of what many simply accept as reality

However captialism only works well in a flourishing open market...something is changing and so are the games....makes one wonder wasup

Interesting posts throughout. Would like to keep this going.
  • AmylionAmylion Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Kuanshu

Im surprised it took em this long to figure out where the real money was at...

Early on I was making cash selling characters til gold farming got organized

I kept telling them the money isn't subs its more in the gold/characters/items being auctioned off online and couldn't fathom why they didn't just put up what players call a cash shop these days

I even found myself buying gold from time to time whilst playing World of Warcraft as there was so much competition you could get your hands on 1000s of gold for cheap

Remember a player thanking a publisher/developer for creating and releasing a game because he paid for his entire education, bought a house and a car and had no debt because of all the money he made selling virtual gold, items, characters

Do freeloaders even exist anymore?

This game could have the biggest most grandiose cash shop imaginable yet it isnt going to keep dedicated, hard working players excluded because they choose to be frugal, as that isn't smart, at all

This is capitalism at its finest...include them all...section them out accordingly...virtual representation of what many simply accept as reality

However captialism only works well in a flourishing open market...something is changing and so are the games....makes one wonder wasup

1. I understand that the people crying the most about F2P are the ones who were selling virtual goods on the black market. Yeah, thanks F2P for destroying farm slavery in online games!

2. Why is this capitalism at its finest? If it was then in the sense that capitalism is tumbling down. Capitalism means that (few) private persons own all the production means (producing capital). But if SOE is giving players their tools (= their production means) into the hands of the consumers, giving them the option to reap the profit of their own work...

3. To the topic: I like F2P. Hard core players like me don't have to pay a dime. The casuals can pay to make it easier for them and therefore have to reason to whine or leave. =)

Others just shoot the zombies which are chasing us. Whereas I try to talk to them.

If the brainless realized that it is dead, maybe, just maybe, it would lay itself down to rest...