Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon: Prelude: Now Teaming with Wildlife

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Xsyon team has sent out a notice about the most recent updates to the game that include free-roaming wildlife that will breed and migrate in ways similar to "real life" animals.

Recent improvements include:

• Increased creature populations.

• Revamped creature migration system, maintaining balance across the land.

• Creatures gain power with age, combat and survival.

• Creature breeding system revised to enforce survival of dwindling species.

• Strength of creatures balanced, encouraging new players to join the hunt!

Read the full patch notes on the Xsyon site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I'm surprised they have money to keep servers going this far.

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    It took them 2 years but they finally did it. Grats.

Joined - July 2004

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Wasn't this game supposed to be launched like 8 years ago?  Or is it sorta like Mortal Online, just limping along forever?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    They might someday reach alpha stage at some point in time.....
  • djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677
    I might actually try this game out if they had more people working on the project. It doesent seem like its getting anywere fast enought. First heard about this game a few years ago.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by DarthMooska
    I'm surprised they have money to keep servers going this far.

What's the most they have? 500 subs? 1,000?   Maybe100 total accounts on at peak? You could probably run that off an old 2Gig P4 without it ever breaking a sweat.  They have no marketing dept to speak of, so there's no bills on that end. Their acquisition efforts consist of plain text emails (free) that seem hastily crafted or at least not even looked at by an editor. The pace of development is so slow and the content patched/edited is so random that it is clear this is a side hobby and not even a side job for them.

These hobby MMOs are interesting in the regard that if you have a decent hook - and for Xsyon, that hook is a pretty decent terraforming and crafting/building  system - you can retain a small enough loyal audience to put an extra 1-4k of cash in your pocket each month, but not too large that the game would require real maintenance, support or extra expense.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Nice patch, have nto played this since last year for about a month or two , thena year prior to that.  Xyson has a lot of potential...really cool sandbox..but its missing a lot of features and hardly anyone plays.

I do tip my hat to the developer that owns/runs the game Xyson is much more true to being a sandbox than many other games out there...I think the major downfall for me was the combat though

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Can we form an alliance with this wildlife?  Or is the game now "teeming" with them?

I had forgotten about this game.  It might be worth another look though as it seems they are still adding new and interesting features.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    interesting. if they pulled this off half as well as Ryzom then kudos for them.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    is this game worth a try? Im bored waiting for FFXIV and EQN looking for something fun to play for now
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Xsyon is one of the permadeath games isnt it?
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    I actually bought this game way back when... :-(
  • HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163

This game looks pretty good actually. I went to their website and it looks like they are trying to get on steam greenlight. If it happens, they will be flooded with people trying out the game.

I guess it's something to keep my eye on for now. But I think ArcheAge is my main goal...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    *teeming
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    *teeming

Really? That's all you got out of this? I wish people who just go onto articles to be spell correctors were just auto banned.

Smile

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    *teeming

Really? That's all you got out of this? I wish people who just go onto articles to be spell correctors were just auto banned.

How would you ever learn if you're never corrected?

• WhitetragedyWhitetragedy Member Posts: 10
    I'm more surprised that no one brought it up before this guy and to be honest I never noticed it.
  • driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78
    *teeming

When i last played there was like 1 mule deer per server and this system was supposedly in place already...  I wonder if the game systems have changed at all.....

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Anyone else thought that "Wildlife" was a studio? LOL.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

This game has missed its (small) window of opportunity.

It will get steamrolled by the slew of sandbox or sandpark MMO's that are releasing in the next year.

Whole MMO's are built and launched in the time it takes Xsyon to add some animals to the world...

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Now that is rather innovative. Every MMO and almost nearly every game you kill wildlife...Xyson you actually team up with it :D

Wow. I wish Ryzom was like that, cause I always hated killing the animals in that game...enough not to play lol. And I always feel sad I can't protect the rabbits/deer and stuff in WoW.

I'll be giving this a good look. Very nice to have a game where you can protect wildlife and be a part of it, instead of just mindlessly kill it.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    *teeming

How would you ever learn if you're never corrected?

I'm sorry but going on an article and spelling correcting just makes a person look like a jerk. Read the article and make a comment that has to do with it. Don't be one of those guys/girls who goes on articles and into threads just to be a grammar nazi. It's annoying.

Smile

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    *teeming

I alluded to it in my post also because that's what was in the plain text email I received from them about it. It's not that there is a misspelling that is the issue, but that they are making a major effort to try to bring players back with email and news blast, but couldn't be bothered to spell check it, let alone dress it up.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Xsyon is one of the permadeath games isnt it?

nope..

its good news that they are still developing this.. was playing it for a few months earlier this year and its actually quite fun.. they still really need to work more on the combat system tho..

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    If they get on steam greenlight I would vote for them, they got something going for them that a lot of companies don't.