Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like it ?

13»

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

I don't like the game cause it reminds me of wow in the gameplay and I am tierd of those games.

I don't think it's graphics are good enough.

I have played it in the betas cause I love Final fantasy games usually but this one just doesn't peak my intresst.

I don't think it will work in europe only in Asia.

I think you're forgetting one of the bigger continents. And FF11 would have to disagree with your assessment. And btw, this game is nothing like most asian MMOs. It's definitely more westernized.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

How is it compared FFXI (to those who've played it) ?

I tried the 1.0 beta, and to me it wasn't all that different. I've seen some combat videos and from those, it seemed like, the combat had been made into a tab-button masher.

"Crafting is great", what is the crafting like? is it still to do with the crystals all around? ie. there is no crafting, if you don't have any crystals?

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • DaakenDaaken Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by OfficialFlow

I have to politely as possible say, No i dont like it

Why?

because in its core it is still WoW sure it has new and innovative mechanics as well, but to me its not enough

not enough reasons?

the skill effects are too flashy, the cities are badly scaled and too empty

Combat looks chaotic even though its trinity, due to too flashy skill visuals

Combat is trinity based

Linear storyline

Level system

Music

Forced grouping

now what i think are good things

good art design (not ugly graphics)

well as you see the bad things far out weight the good so i dont even know why i bothered to post a reply

This is exactly the reason why I do not like it.  I keep trying to watch video's, read forums, and get in with the game but it all boils back to the one thing that has ruined MMO's for the last few years.  Lack of endgame, boring combat and nothing original.  I really hope this game fails, not because I am a hater but because I get sick of seeing the same pre-hype for the same thing every time a Themepark WoW clone gets released.  If any site should not like this game it is this one but for what ever twisted reason this game continues to grow in hype.

Random Forum Poster: I want an MMO that is different, original and fun.

Me: So you want something like EQN

Them: Nah dude, I want a Holy Trinity, Tab Target combat, Instanced Raiding, and Rigid classes.

Me: Double Facepalm.

• CrimsonSixCrimsonSix Member UncommonPosts: 42

Yes, I like it. The game is a very polished AAA product that is ready for prime-time. It's a traditional themepark, but a very solid and a well-crafted one. It's hard to describe, but it has none of that cheap feel that I got from playing other big titles -- the ones that released to tons of hype and fanfare about how different and innovative they are because of a few new gimmicks. FF14 does not make overhyped claims of being the next wow-killed. It's just a good game in its own right, not explicitly made to one-up wow with a  couple of gimmicky features. That alone warrants the modest $30 they are asking for it.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Daaken
    Originally posted by OfficialFlow

I have to politely as possible say, No i dont like it

Why?

because in its core it is still WoW sure it has new and innovative mechanics as well, but to me its not enough

not enough reasons?

the skill effects are too flashy, the cities are badly scaled and too empty

Combat looks chaotic even though its trinity, due to too flashy skill visuals

Combat is trinity based

Linear storyline

Level system

Music

Forced grouping

now what i think are good things

good art design (not ugly graphics)

well as you see the bad things far out weight the good so i dont even know why i bothered to post a reply

This is exactly the reason why I do not like it.  I keep trying to watch video's, read forums, and get in with the game but it all boils back to the one thing that has ruined MMO's for the last few years.  Lack of endgame, boring combat and nothing original.  I really hope this game fails, not because I am a hater but because I get sick of seeing the same pre-hype for the same thing every time a Themepark WoW clone gets released.  If any site should not like this game it is this one but for what ever twisted reason this game continues to grow in hype.

See it's fair to say this game took influence from WoW's themepark model, as do 90% of games take something or another from WoW. But calling it a clone, simply unfair.  Oh and Lack of endgame...what game are you reading about? Lol.  Plenty of things unique to this game listed in this thread.  

Half the things you said actually dont make any sense at all. First off no endgame is one of the most odd claims I've heard about this one, if you follow it even in the slightest you know theres plenty of endgame and hardcore end game for level 50. Second you say having combat based on a trinity is bad, but you realize the only way to have good endgame content is with a trinity right? Or perhaps you need to play GW2 and they will show you a bit clearer how everything plays out when there is no trinity.

Forced grouping is not present throughout the entire game, but there are certainly a lot of parts that do such as the harder story quests.  Plenty of solo content as there is group content.  But I mean really,  If you don't like playing with other people go play a single player game.  

The music is amazing, and to the final fantasy roots, but thats an opinion so I'll leave you to that one being valid.  

All in all I'd say out of the 9 or so cons you listed only 1-2 are valid reasons.  It's ok to have opinions and not like things, but I do happen to love when people have no idea what they're talking about.   Its probably the best part about this forum.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Kayn33Kayn33 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

FFXIV 1.X had universal servers but physically located in Japan, FFXIV ARR has regional servers for North America, European Union, and Japan.

I hope you know this, and also performance overall has changed like night and day from 1.X to ARR.

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Kayn33 appears to be out of the loop.   Open beta on the 17th bud, go tell me if that "lag" is still there.  

Yes it has servers for EU, NA, and JP, but the EU/NA servers are all located in Canada, so it seems I may be more "in the loop" than you think. I know how performance is, as I said, I'm Legacy, I have CE, and I've logged into all betas so far - 150-200ms ping for me from EU, which I do not find acceptable in a game that wants more reaction-based combat than 1.0 after everyone lagged to death on Ifrit.

• lafaiellafaiel Member UncommonPosts: 93

Someone had asked about the latency for the servers, the Servers listed as EU are located in Montreal so they don't have a dedicated EU server  but they are working on some sort of latency compensation last I heard that should be in open beta, need to wait for that for the EU players to test it out, I live in the US so my ping to the servers is less than 40ms, compared to AION which I play ocassionally that has thier servers in the US and still get over 100ms ping at times.

As for the topic, I like it, a lot.

The game itself is not so special when you look at it, but there is something that seems  to just make me want more of it, maybe  its the music that just makes me want to pack up and go on an adventure, maybe its the story that just leaves me wanting to know what happens next.

The character models are well done, so are the armor models, the community even in beta is pretty decent, should only get better as the free riders leave at launch (maybe, you never know these days) .  The graphics engine is just amazing for how well it looks and runs on older systems.  I like playing whatever I want to play on one character ( played FFXI for 7 years) and the crafting system is really good too, pretty interactive.

As for the quest hub thing, its not near as bad as some games, only need to kill a few mobs so it doesn't feel like a chore as in some games, the drop rate for good gear in dungeons isn't abyssmal as in some games as well, the game fits my playstyle well as I don't have the kind of time on my hands as I used to when I played FFXI or I would probably still be playing it.

The biggest thing for me though is I did play the beta for 1.0 and couldn't get past that crap UI, I played it for an hour and quit, this game I can't seem to put down, I can't believe they made changes like that in the short time they had to do it, not everyone will like it, the combat is a bit slow but I'm ok with that you can still move around  and you have to to avoid aoe's and special attacks.  And again, one of the best features : pay to play with no cash shop.

Almost forgot, some people were complaining about the flashy skills,  they are getting toned down in open beta according to the devs, and there is an option in the graphics section to tone them down as well ( or was in beta 3)