Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like it ?

Comments

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105

I like it

I normally tend to make a lot of alts in mmos. I like the fact that one character can do it all and take different abilities from different classes.

I also like how they grabbed a few songs from the older FF games and put them in.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I had a chance to get in B3. I fell in love with it. I honestly didn't think I was going to like it much. It wasn't even on my radar until a buddy of mine gave me a beta pass. I've since pre ordered the game.  At it's core it's a traditional Theme Park. I like that.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by Kayn33

Do I like it? Yeh, it looks like one of the few decent MMOs left

Will I play it? Nope, 150-200ms ping from EU is intolerable for me in 2013, I played 1.0 with the horrible horrible lag and I refuse to play with lag and skill delays again. Sad, as I was Legacy with CE too.

Wow, you got me worried. I wonder how much latency i'll have. 150-200ms is the normal latency i get from US east coast servers here in Brasil. I hope i dont get much more than that...

• Kayn33Kayn33 Member Posts: 20
    They're in Montreal, Canada afaik(for US/EU servers). You can probably get into beta easily at this point and test? I think the next one is in a week or so. Or open beta I guess.
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354

Will I play it? Nope, 150-200ms ping from EU is intolerable for me in 2013, I played 1.0 with the horrible horrible lag and I refuse to play with lag and skill delays again. Sad, as I was Legacy with CE too.

FFXIV 1.X had universal servers but physically located in Japan, FFXIV ARR has regional servers for North America, European Union, and Japan.

I hope you know this, and also performance overall has changed like night and day from 1.X to ARR.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by H.Coelho
    Originally posted by Foomerang Yes. Best crafting I've seen in a while.
    Does it reminds any other crafting system you know ? Why do you like it ?

crafting and gathering classes have their own character stats specifically made for the act of crafting and gathering. So you can have sets of gear that helps you craft better. You also have crafting and gathering exclusive abilities that you can perform during the crafting or gathering process. These abilities require a resource pool similar to a mana pool that you must manage. The abilities enable you to create higher quality items by risking durability.

it is so much more than drag mats click done.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Yes

-In depth stories

-Amazing crafting

-Combo based combat

-Multi class skill system

-Not dumbed down to all hell

-Hard endgame content

-Veteran rewards subscription system

I can keep going and going

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

FFXIV 1.X had universal servers but physically located in Japan, FFXIV ARR has regional servers for North America, European Union, and Japan.

I hope you know this, and also performance overall has changed like night and day from 1.X to ARR.

Kayn33 appears to be out of the loop.   Open beta on the 17th bud, go tell me if that "lag" is still there.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Yes-In depth stories-Amazing crafting-Combo based combat-Multi class skill system-Not dumbed down to all hell-Hard endgame content-Veteran rewards subscription systemI can keep going and going

Chocobo raising
    Player housing
    Instanced player neighborhoods
    Cooking and fishing (woot!)
    golden saucer incoming
    awesome music
    beautiful graphics
    day/night cycles and tons of weather patterns

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    I played just beta 1 and thought it was good. I will buy mainly because it is not f2p and no cash shop. That is all I needed to hear. I like theme parks but I made a vow to not play any more f2p garbage. If this game goes f2p I will stop playing like I did with lotro and rift
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Yes I did, however I do like Final Fantasy games in general, but I will also be critical if a game is bad, as was the previous incarnation of this game.

I liked it because I have character flexibility if I want it and I liked the overall story(at least as far as I got.)  I am not sure of others, but the one way I know I like a game is if I dream about playing it.  Has only happened a few times but they have been games I absolutely loved and stood the test of time for me.  ( as in I stopped playing it a month later)

Originally posted by Foomerang

Yes

-In depth stories

-Amazing crafting

-Combo based combat

-Multi class skill system

-Not dumbed down to all hell

-Hard endgame content

-Veteran rewards subscription system

I can keep going and going

Chocobo raising
    Player housing
    Instanced player neighborhoods
    Cooking and fishing (woot!)
    golden saucer incoming
    awesome music
    beautiful graphics
    day/night cycles and tons of weather patterns

So I take it your suffering as well waiting for phase 4?

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Tbh no more than any other mmo in last few years ,once you get past the nice graphics there really wasn't enough to it .I was bored by the time I reached 15 and my biggest gripe was the graphics are really nice so to go into a starting zone and see loads of LEVEL 2 squirrels running around with LEVEL 2 above them was somewhat distracting ,so not for me but I think it will do well enough
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

NO! I LOVE it!

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by vtravi
    I played just beta 1 and thought it was good. I will buy mainly because it is not f2p and no cash shop. That is all I needed to hear. I like theme parks but I made a vow to not play any more f2p garbage. If this game goes f2p I will stop playing like I did with lotro and rift

The dev of ARR Yoshi stated that he will never let the game go free to play and that if the game does really really bad he will shut it down instead of going free to play, so there you have it NO free to play scam for this title.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Chrisbox Yes   -In depth stories -Amazing crafting -Combo based combat -Multi class skill system -Not dumbed down to all hell -Hard endgame content -Veteran rewards subscription system I can keep going and going
      Chocobo raising Player housing Instanced player neighborhoods Cooking and fishing (woot!) golden saucer incoming awesome music beautiful graphics day/night cycles and tons of weather patterns  
    So I take it your suffering as well waiting for phase 4?

yeah its why ive been posting here so much lately haha. I keep sitting at my pc wanting to play so i just go here. I have spent way too much time on the character creator benchmark and I find myself clicking on the launcher for no reason haha
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Love it, counting the days until release!   Won't give any reasons why as they have all been posted by many others in this thread.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by H.Coelho
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Yes.
    Best crafting I've seen in a while.

Does it reminds any other crafting system you know ? Why do you like it ?

its a bit like vanguard system - you have certain "durability" (think of it as of mana pool) and you have to get progress to certain number and quality as high as possible. for that you use actions, which usually cost some durability (or have long timer) and adds to progress, quality, future progress, chance of success, critical success etc.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

im amazed by one fact.... 3 pages and no troll yet !!! 

That's got to be something.

The game seems to be good, for real, even the people saying that don't like it, don't like for what it is and not because it has major flaws or something stupid like the 1.0 was.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

Yes.

Immersion and how everything just works.  It such a well crafted game that it feels amazing to play.

• strellokstrellok Member Posts: 48

Only thing I dont seem to like about XIV is its graphical style.

The armors and environment and such showed in trailers seem rather unimpressive (sorry to say that) :(

OP I highly encourage you to get in the open beta on the 17th, try out the game for yourself :D It's amazing.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

I don't like the game cause it reminds me of wow in the gameplay and I am tierd of those games.

I don't think it's graphics are good enough.

I have played it in the betas cause I love Final fantasy games usually but this one just doesn't peak my intresst.

I don't think it will work in europe only in Asia.

• ElboneElbone Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I like it, Kain Highwind based Dragoons.
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by strellok

Only thing I dont seem to like about XIV is its graphical style.

The armors and environment and such showed in trailers seem rather unimpressive (sorry to say that) :(

seriously? because even the biggest graphic b..ches i know are saying how amazing the graphics of ffxiv are. (as for myself, i do also think the graphics are really good, but i dont really care)