Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm hoping this game has a major, grandiose cash shop.

Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248

I want this game to be THE GAME that essentially puts the nails in the coffin for people without cash to be locked out of end game and end game play.

I want this game to be the final rift between F2P's giving of free features and F2P's pay to win business strategy.

I want them to put so much in the cash shop you can spend until your hearts content all the while ensuring you can't hit max level or gear without cash shop or some payment. We don't want freeloaders in/around this game so they can hop along like the rabbits they are.

I want this game to say from the beginning they are F2P (so far so good) and with that don't cater to the masses who have empty purses and wallets. Don't give us freebies. Don't give away nothing. Make us earn something, work for it. I'm tired of seeing everyone around me want free crap and free this and free that.

Give us a sense of worth by smashing those "freeloaders" as we call it. Seriously, this game can do it since so many are looking to it as a free "end all" game for those with little to no cash.

Do this, and you'll have money coming from all angles. Everyone will support you.

DON'T CATER TO THE WEAK.

Comments

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    You should go into business.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Popori
    You should go into business.

Read between the lines. His message isn't in his words.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Another topic generalising free players. Only because they play free games so they must be 'freeloaders'.

How can you expect any constructive discussion after that? and not surprised that someone is already patting OP on the back.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Another topic generalising free players. Only because they play free games so they must be 'freeloaders'.

How can you expect any constructive discussion after that? and not surprised that someone is already patting OP on the back.

However, I sum it all up quite eloquently. It's my heart's desire that this game really be that final nail in the coffin (as far as AAA titles go.)

As far as you, F2P'ers aren't the victims here. They are the one's perpetrating what they do by their gaming. Stereotypes don't exist unless there were first statistics of something happening.

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230

The coffin called. Says the more nails the merrier.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INIWbiWlZk

Originally posted by Redfeather75

The coffin called. Says the more nails the merrier.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INIWbiWlZk

That means you go bye-bye right? :)

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

"Learn 2 play" will be replaced with "get a job".  (GAJ)

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by Psion33
    Originally posted by Redfeather75 The coffin called. Says the more nails the merrier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INIWbiWlZk

That means you go bye-bye right? :)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    It is possible only the very basic landmark tools are free the rest will have to be bought and people who like building will come in droves and pay. Cha-ching $OE. They might make a lot with this game if they play their cards right.

Originally posted by kitarad
    It is possible only the very basic landmark tools are free the rest will have to be bought and people who like building will come in droves and pay. Cha-ching $OE. They might make a lot with this game if they play their cards right.

They said that you won't be able to sell individually but rather for SOE so that's a good thing in of itself. Personal sell shops for SOE I love it so much lol. :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

OP, i hope you find that game some day.

It clearly isnt EQN. Good luck on your search for that maximum cash grab mmo you are drooling for. The rest of us will happily play and support EQN if their model is decent.

You should go play SWTOR, they do the best they can to keep you inside the cash shop or outside the game, made for people like you.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I urge people to read the original post again and from a different perspective.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Keep it up OP and one day you will be king of EA. (modern king = CEO)

Of course you will get many people who won't like your games (and be very vocal about it), but you can just hire shills to put them in their place!  Easy Peazy..

Who has time for MMO's anyways .. pay to win / pay-to-skip-content is the future!  Be sure to make a bunch of solo player games too with always on DRM.  That way you can always keep a cashshop right in your customers face, individually selling content and cool stuff that should have been free with the original purchase.  All you have to do it convince gamers that having them spend $600 for a $60 game benefits them in the end.  It's a win / win all around.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Psion33

I want this game to be THE GAME that essentially puts the nails in the coffin for people without cash to be locked out of end game and end game play.

I want this game to be the final rift between F2P's giving of free features and F2P's pay to win business strategy.

I want them to put so much in the cash shop you can spend until your hearts content all the while ensuring you can't hit max level or gear without cash shop or some payment. We don't want freeloaders in/around this game so they can hop along like the rabbits they are.

I want this game to say from the beginning they are F2P (so far so good) and with that don't cater to the masses who have empty purses and wallets. Don't give us freebies. Don't give away nothing. Make us earn something, work for it. I'm tired of seeing everyone around me want free crap and free this and free that.

Give us a sense of worth by smashing those "freeloaders" as we call it. Seriously, this game can do it since so many are looking to it as a free "end all" game for those with little to no cash.

Do this, and you'll have money coming from all angles. Everyone will support you.

DON'T CATER TO THE WEAK.

So you want a sub game then?

But you want it to be F2P, but make sure it costs to play, like a sub game?

Or is a troll a troll?

Originally posted by Zadawn
    I urge people to read the original post again and from a different perspective.

what perspective? he is asking for a P2W game (use cash shop or youll never hit cap or use good gear).

Even if you pay a million dollar in other things from the cash shop, the fact that you have to pay extra (on top of the million you already spent) in order to have an advantage over other people (using the best gear and hiting lvl cap, etc) is garbage.

SOE knows if they do that they fail as mmo developers and will lose any credibility and trust they have right now in the mmo business.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

This game is going to have a HUGE cash shop EQN:Landmark is basicly a tool to build cash shop items. That along with player studio and dev created content will ensure a large selection.

Personally I'd rather pay a subscription and actually earn stuff in the game.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

I'm thinking about this. If the way I envision SoE's plan to work. It's F'ckn brilliant.

Drive the hype for this game through the roof. Release Landmark BEFORE the game is released thus maintaining the hype factor. Allow players access to spend money building the game without actually playing the formally released game. SoE continues to make money on EQN long before we learn how good this MMO really is.When all is said and done. this game will already be king of cash shops and it won't even matter if the game is a piece of shit or Jesus Game. SoE made their money.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I'm thinking about this. If the way I envision SoE's plan to work. It's F'ckn brilliant.

Drive the hype for this game through the roof. Release Landmark BEFORE the game is released thus maintaining the hype factor. Allow players access to spend money building the game without actually playing the formally released game. SoE continues to make money on EQN long before we learn how good this MMO really is.When all is said and done. this game will already be king of cash shops and it won't even matter if the game is a piece of shit or Jesus Game. SoE made their money.

brilliant idea!... However, there are two things SOE (or any company making a f2p mmo) must do if they want my money. 1) make a good game, 2) have a decent cash shop.

If any of those fail for any reason (too greedy, lazy development, etc, my money goes elsewhere. We will see when it launches.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by rojo6934

brilliant idea!... However, there are two things SOE (or any company making a f2p mmo) must do if they want my money. 1) make a good game, 2) have a decent cash shop.

If any of those fail for any reason (too greedy, lazy development, etc, my money goes elsewhere. We will see when it launches.

Yeah and in this case you has a decent cash shop then build the game or let the cash shop users build the game.

Will this become the new kickstarter?

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I hope they take every dime you guys make lol
    Originally posted by ArChWind
    Originally posted by rojo6934

Yeah and in this case you has a decent cash shop then build the game or let the cash shop users build the game.

Will this become the new kickstarter?

I do have my doubts about the player created content. But Some of it will be good, I am sure but most will not.

• Fish_TacosFish_Tacos Member UncommonPosts: 45
    As far as I'm concerned, I will wait till the game launches and people have time to use the cash shop. Then I will read up on how much you need to spend to have a decent gaming experience (from my subjective opinion of course, which will take into account such things as inventory, bank space, unlocking of social and gear options, etc.).  If it costs more than -- for example -- $60, then I will think carefully about the value of this game before spending much time on it. I have enough fun with my present gaming to be able to wait till after the EQN launch.

• DracockDracock Member Posts: 75

Maybe you need to get a job. Perhaps then, the $10-15 they try to get out of you a month wont seem like such a greedy business model. You see, those exp bonus potions are there to compensate people that actually work for a living, and don't just live off the government/parents ect.

I'm sure you can spend hundreds of dollars building some elegant Villa in Qeynos. Can't afford it? Don't want to spend the money? Then don't.

I have yet to encounter this f2p model that requires vast sums of money to "stay competitive," that these threads reference. Its almost always a bunch of aesthetic stuff for the enthusiasts with money. This allows one guy to pay what would normally take a dozen of subscriptions, which benefits the freeloaders. This is apparent to anyone that understands the link between the profit of the game and the investment it receives.

`
    Originally posted by Dracock

Edit: Deleted since Bad joke is bad.