Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I got banned from the beta because i made a joke.

124»

Comments

• TicklepinkTicklepink Ferrum, VAPosts: 119Member

who cares if its offensive or not..as long as its not threatening Ill not allow the thought police to dictate to me what I say.You shouldn't either.

• shadowmonkeshadowmonke NYC, NYPosts: 48Member
    Originally posted by Ticklepink

whop cares if its offensive or not..as long as its not threatening Ill not allow the thought police to dictate to me what I say.You shouldn't either.

oh my god how revolting

• NevulusNevulus Miami Beach, FLPosts: 1,288Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

Basically, the gay community of FF14 made YET ANOTHER thread asking for same-sex marriage.

The thread was met with a lot of critique and humor, not because of the contents of the request, which are fair, but because they just keep making this "include gay features" threads every single week.

And just like it happened in the few last threads, people just ended up making light jokes about it and simply shrugging their shoulders at the constant gay threads ( right now there is TWO in the  first page)

I myself posted the following:

16 pages and not a single user posted the usual Final Fagtasy pun?

What´s going on in this community?

Anyway, i do not have any issue with anyone being able to marry whom they damn please, it is NOT my business and if it makes them happy, i will applaud it.

After all, why would anyone feel bothered by the fact two players that are not even in his circle of friends have married on a game?

Just let people have fun xD

And this message got me banned from the beta.

It may not be the most sensitive joke ever, it may even have been childish by my part, but getting banned out of it?

glad you got banned, you deserved it.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,596Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

Basically, the gay community of FF14 made YET ANOTHER thread asking for same-sex marriage.

The thread was met with a lot of critique and humor, not because of the contents of the request, which are fair, but because they just keep making this "include gay features" threads every single week.

And just like it happened in the few last threads, people just ended up making light jokes about it and simply shrugging their shoulders at the constant gay threads ( right now there is TWO in the  first page)

I myself posted the following:

16 pages and not a single user posted the usual Final Fagtasy pun?

What´s going on in this community?

Anyway, i do not have any issue with anyone being able to marry whom they damn please, it is NOT my business and if it makes them happy, i will applaud it.

After all, why would anyone feel bothered by the fact two players that are not even in his circle of friends have married on a game?

Just let people have fun xD

And this message got me banned from the beta.

It may not be the most sensitive joke ever, it may even have been childish by my part, but getting banned out of it?

They had to ban you for that. Right, wrong or indifferent, you cannot speak publicly like that, It's unacceptable in the 21st century. If SE didn't ban you, the LGBT community would have spoke out against SE and put SE in a bad light just before a game's launch. This isn't a game mechanics issue like disagreeing on action combat vs tab targeting. In these situations where you know people's rights are a sensitive issue, your response should not have been to joke about it. If they post they want same sex marriage in an MMORPG, and you do not, then you just state plainly, "I don't want that" and move on.

You need to think before you type something damaging to someone else.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Posts: 1,013Member Uncommon

whop cares if its offensive or not..as long as its not threatening Ill not allow the thought police to dictate to me what I say.You shouldn't either.

Yeah, that's great advice.  I'm sure you go around talking out loud and spouting what you feel regarding all and any of your disagreements regarding gender, religion, ethnicity, politics, the handicapped, etc.  Whether or not it is threatening has nothing to do with it.

• DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,915Member Uncommon

Obviously SE...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• TicklepinkTicklepink Ferrum, VAPosts: 119Member
    you know whats revolting?  You trying to tell or shame people into thinking your way my friend.I don't agree with certain words or certain ways of thought but you know what?..I agree they have the right to think them.You obviously don't. That's scary..on a Hitler level scary.But its your right to think that way..just don't tell me how to think.

• Mari2kMari2k rzhz, MNPosts: 371Member

Well I got banned from this forum more then a dozen times, for nothing more then just telling the trues.

Anyway... who cares :-)

• VerterdegeteVerterdegete BelgradePosts: 247Member
    It's the modern West dude. Making gay jokes is a huge no no. Killing thousands of virtual Russians/Arabs (or whoever gets in USA's way) - is OK.

• GormogonGormogon Waukegan, ILPosts: 188Member Uncommon

This is the classic "play the victim" tactic straight out of the passive-aggressive playbook.

Nobody here can prove what his intentions were.  We have to take him at his word that he was making what he perceived to be an "innocent joke" and truly supports gay marriage, rights, etc. (which is not to say the he does or doesn't, but rather that it was immaterial to what he was trying to accomplish).  Then, upon engaging in behavior a reasonable person might expect to provoke disciplinary action, he runs off in righteous indignation to another forum, launching an attack against people who try to enforce cultural/sexual/whatever sensitivity.

Even by calling a spade a spade I sadly give him the attention he wants and reinforce his position as a victim: "See!  People who don't even know me or what I stand for are judging and psychoanalyzing me!"

I'm joking, of course.  I just thought I'd run it out there to preempt somebody who actually meant it. image

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,783Member Uncommon

maybe its part of the rules of conduct on their forums?

Also, im curious about why would you even joke about it when you said its not your business?

If i think something isnt my business i ignore it completely. But thats just me.

• AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,567Moderator Uncommon
    Going to lock this as it's basically just stirring up debate and some arguments that almost never end well on this forum. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

124»
This discussion has been closed.