Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long term MMORPG

I need an f2p long-term mmorpg, something that i can play for years . I've been searching past few days and i cant find anything, i checked out a few games and they were boring. Can someone experienced advice me a good mmorpg that i can play for a long time? :D

Comments

• thegreatunknown42thegreatunknown42 Member Posts: 4

I am in the same boat! No one offers any good games (in the post I made). I played World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Anarchy Online, Rift, Neocron. I am ready to get into a game long-term again.

The hard part is, is that there are a lot of good games that aren't quite polished and a lot of great potential games coming out.

• worchaesworchaes Member Posts: 9
    i play league of legends a lot but i want an mmorpg that i can play for at least one year, is there any?
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Personally I am looking at Firefall and Gloria Victis for the long term with Warthunder (air and, in the future ground ,combat), Warframe and a couple of browser games to keep me tied over until the 2 I am waiting for (well technically playing Firefall already but it's still growing).

i played firefall and the game wasn't bad at all' but it just didn't call me back to it... you know that feeling when you spend every waking moment on a game and think about it when you don't play... i just didn't have this with firefall. about warthunder,are there levels , and like parts so you progress your plane or its just a deathmatch?
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by worchaes
    i played firefall and the game wasn't bad at all' but it just didn't call me back to it... you know that feeling when you spend every waking moment on a game and think about it when you don't play... i just didn't have this with firefall. about warthunder,are there levels , and like parts so you progress your plane or its just a deathmatch?

They just put that in last patch :).

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

the company that owns Warthunder also has a space combat sim called Star Conflict which is f2p and you can get it off Steam.

as for a longterm game can you be more specific about what you are looking for? 

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

anything, im a flexible person i can playing everything, just something that will keep me in the chair for the long time, i play lol already and i like mobas, now i just want something that i can progress with , and when i come to endgame something to do!
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    yea and also one thing , i would like if the game had some people playing, i dont want ghost cities
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I don't know if you will find much. Most MMOs today are made to level quick and beat in record time. Then you get to grind the end game to eternity. MMOs are just not made to last anymore because today's players no longer want that. Sign in, beat it, move on is the motto these days.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Try EVE online if you want to never get enough of progression.

beLIEve

whell screw that moto , nothing holds me more than two three days, i loved path of exile though but i got bored for lack of content
    well*
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    There are NONE atm. At least no new ones in the last 10yrs or so. But remember, all the "good" new games have all the new and exciting things that replaced the "old and boring" things like the trinity. BTW...what do we compare all the "new" MMOs to..hmmm..ah ya EQ and WOW (both trinity based)...sorry another thread. WAKE UP STUPID DEVS!!
    hey i dont make new mmos, i didnt play them for a while and i wonder if there is something to play.

get over yourself
  • MirariMirariMirariMirari Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I need an f2p long-term mmorpg, something that i can play for years . I've been searching past few days and i cant find anything, i checked out a few games and they were boring. Can someone experienced advice me a good mmorpg that i can play for a long time? :D

Um...im not so sure a person like you would like this but maybe

Dragon Nest

It's highly enjoyable and if you wanna stick around make alot of friends! 

I've been playing for 2 years

I really don't know what to put here.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

You mention liking MOBAs, and talk about "end game" as if you don't realize that MMORPGs without it even exist (or maybe it's just that you don't care for them?). So I'd guess you're not going to find anything. How about playing a first person shooter? Maybe something like Battlefield, etc..

GL

Edit: How about Planetside 2? It's free, so...

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Well with all of the people mentioning LoL I guess I'll toss SC2 into the ring. It's not an MMO but neither is LoL. It's a much harder/more satisfying game than any MOBA. I've been playing it for years and I still have a lot to learn.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I'd say current;y your best bets are age of wushu or uncharted waters.  If you're into rp maybe planeshift, but that's a big maybe.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Every game is boring after a while. May be it is not possible to find such a game.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

I cannot really think about any Free to Play MMOs that would last you for long term. Majority of developers for F2P MMOs will not deliver fresh content at a regular interval, and will end up getting bored with the content that is already available. But, if you find a F2P MMO and get hooked on it's PvP that might last you for awhile, but there might be play to win items in the cash shop that might upset you.

One of the most fun F2P MMOs for me was Age of Conan, but it is a niche game, you could try it out and see if it fancies you.

I would stick to a P2P MMO for long term though, from what I have heard from Final Fantasy 14 it might be the game for you, but you will have to spend a tiny bit of money.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Yes it is possible, some of our posters game hopping has made them jaded cynics without optimism for the genre, unlike me. :)

You will need to pick a MMO that was once P2P though, only those ones have any real quality. As only one P2P/B2P MMO has been released this year so far I would not hold by breath that any new ones will be to added to this list any time soon:

Try Lotro for a fully rounded MMO, though you will have to pay eventually. Having said that, if you play long enough to get to the point where you need to buy then the game has shown it is defiantly for you.

Try Terra for a bash if you can put up with MMO's that only have strips of land that connect hubs, the combat has a fresh feel to it and the eye candy does not hurt.

Try Rift for something in between, not as fully fledged as Lotro, not as narrow as Terra.

Try AoC for the best graphics out there, an interesting combat system and great setting. There are holes in questing and other gameplay though.

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    Why does it have to be F2P ?....Are you playing for free ?....If so none !
    guys thanks for the help, i will check vanguard out,even though i like dragon nest more because of action combat, and when i said that play lol, i know thats not an mmoprg with end game, in fact thats what im searching for one!