Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: Mount Hua Expansion Details and Thoughts

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

The Lowdown On The Expansion

Ok the new expansion to AoW is here. It has good great news and some bad. I'll do bad because it's major bad news. Most life skills are now subject to VIP scrutiny. Meaning that unless you have VIP, you won't be doing them. This is distressing and disheartening for a lot of free to play players. It was the one thing they had to fight a pay to win field. I have zero idea what Snail games is thinking. We will see if this one gets overturned, because people are bailing like the titanic over it....

Ok with that said onto the good. And even after that nuke that Snail dropped. Good still might prevail in the end. The game has begun to be more user friendly. And help new players along to understand what is going on. You have a new mentor system that will help you get strong fast. And maybe help you get some skills quickly you wouldn't alone. But a video and patch notes would better tell this story so here they are.

Legends of Mount Hua-- The soul of the expansion: dare for glory and become legends. Unleash fury upon your peers, for only the top players will earn the right to enter the final contest upon the peaks of Mount Hua.

Claim legendary titlesand their corresponding costume: Eastern Heretic, Western Venom, Southern Emperor,Northern Beggar & Central Divine. Thefamed Heavenly Swordwill be granted to the last man standing, the legend, the One.

The Yanmen Pass-- Travel to thismagnificenthistorical pass and defend against theinvading Tartar army with this new 18-man instance. Players will be able to take part in the epic tale of defender General Fang Wuhen, torn between fulfilling his family's vengeance and the heinous sin of treason. There will be three separate storylines with escalating difficulty and strength requirement.

Youyun Sixteen Prefectures Battleground-- Which side will you fight for? Choose your path of a Mongolian invader or Ming Dynasty defender and fight for conquestin this large-scale PvPbattleground filled with supporting tasks and multiple ways to total victory.

The Apprentice: Age of Wushu Edition-- In this newly introduced Martial Brothers system, we are bridging the gap between old and new players: low levels can quickly power up and enjoy discounts on learning skills by mentoring under a veteran player.

Epic New Martial Skills: Devastate your enemies with two new available Jianghu martial skills: The Astonishing Goose Blade and the Flowing Cloud Sword. These epic skills can be acquired through the Yanmen Pass instance:

Faction & Reputation:  Increase fame amongst JiangHu factions through questing and unlock special titles, costumes, henchmen and more!

Gratitude & Revenge:Players can now earn favors with certain NPCs -- unlock special quests or have them install lethal distraction upon your blood enemies!

Treasures & Artifacts: The expansion have filled the world with mysterious artifacts: these new additions to your equipment will increase basic stat and improve martial abilities

Comments

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Ok the new expansion to AoW is here. It has good great news and some bad. I'll do bad because it's major bad news. Most life skills are now subject to VIP scrutiny. Meaning that unless you have VIP, you won't be doing them. This is distressing and disheartening for a lot of free to play players. It was the one thing they had to fight a pay to win field. I have zero idea what Snail games is thinking. We will see if this one gets overturned, because people are bailing like the titanic over it....

Ok with that said onto the good. And even after that nuke that Snail dropped. Good still might prevail in the end. The game has begun to be more user friendly. And help new players along to understand what is going on. You have a new mentor system that will help you get strong fast. And maybe help you get some skills quickly you wouldn't alone. But a video and patch notes would better tell this story so here they are.

Legends of Mount Hua-- The soul of the expansion: dare for glory and become legends. Unleash fury upon your peers, for only the top players will earn the right to enter the final contest upon the peaks of Mount Hua.

Claim legendary titlesand their corresponding costume: Eastern Heretic, Western Venom, Southern Emperor,Northern Beggar & Central Divine. Thefamed Heavenly Swordwill be granted to the last man standing, the legend, the One.

The Yanmen Pass-- Travel to thismagnificenthistorical pass and defend against theinvading Tartar army with this new 18-man instance. Players will be able to take part in the epic tale of defender General Fang Wuhen, torn between fulfilling his family's vengeance and the heinous sin of treason. There will be three separate storylines with escalating difficulty and strength requirement.

Youyun Sixteen Prefectures Battleground-- Which side will you fight for? Choose your path of a Mongolian invader or Ming Dynasty defender and fight for conquestin this large-scale PvPbattleground filled with supporting tasks and multiple ways to total victory.

The Apprentice: Age of Wushu Edition-- In this newly introduced Martial Brothers system, we are bridging the gap between old and new players: low levels can quickly power up and enjoy discounts on learning skills by mentoring under a veteran player.

Epic New Martial Skills: Devastate your enemies with two new available Jianghu martial skills: The Astonishing Goose Blade and the Flowing Cloud Sword. These epic skills can be acquired through the Yanmen Pass instance:

Faction & Reputation:  Increase fame amongst JiangHu factions through questing and unlock special titles, costumes, henchmen and more!

Gratitude & Revenge:Players can now earn favors with certain NPCs -- unlock special quests or have them install lethal distraction upon your blood enemies!

Treasures & Artifacts: The expansion have filled the world with mysterious artifacts: these new additions to your equipment will increase basic stat and improve martial abilities

The expansion features are great, lots of new features. However, I just want you to know that this is actually "official" release in CN server. It should have been out 4 months ago when US servers went OBT, but SnailUSA decide to have 5 months of CBT2 and 4 months after all under beta version from CN servers.

Like I said 9 months ago, instead of implement new features like TP protection and lots of fix. They decide to let's us enjoy all the bug and errors in beta version from CN servers and drag it long enough until now. So many players left and the population is really low now compared to before.

I know F2P games are all about dragging out contents, but this simply too much to start from their beta version and 9 months to finally to get their official release.

Edit: They also split the expansion (official) release to exclude 4th skill set and marriage system. Yesterday, people talk to GM and he said 4th skill set is in, so we all spent 3 hours to find quest to unlock. However, after 3 hours, we couldn't find anything and always in touch with GM, another GM comes in and said it's not out.

Despite the first GM clearly stated the content is in the game, it seems somehow they didn't want to activate it yet, thus it is in the game, but we simply have to wait for like 1 more months or so they can release this content later to keep players stay with the game longer.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It's a game changer. Pretty F'n epic.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Just so you know they reverted the change for vip and it only took ONE DAY for it to happen.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Yea a mod on the Age of Wushu forums pm'd me and said they changed lol....Because I put the post big and fat there. They removed my post......But at least they changed the sillyness they did.