Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online new offical video "The Immortals "

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Lol at "unlike many other games, MO offers real time support from real human beings".. Yeah, so does the rest of mmos with their GMs. Funny they don't mention if this is a paid position or not, with all the requirements...
  • Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    This game is still a thing?
  • oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Lol at "unlike many other games, MO offers real time support from real human beings".. Yeah, so does the rest of mmos with their GMs. Funny they don't mention if this is a paid position or not, with all the requirements...

I'm willing to bet its not a paid position, for a for-profit company. 

While I was on staff, they just released awakening, I have a decent PC minus 32 bit...and needed 64 bit to prevent crashing every 3mins(or less) and I got no help obtaining that from SV(I asked for a nickle everytime I crashed(would provide log if needed lol). 

While I was there, I kept mentioning the chair I was volunteering literally 100's and nearly a thousand hours(maybe more, dont have access to that data) in was hurting my back. I mentioned this many times hoping they'd step up and offer me a gift card to newegg or any chair place(I'm poor irl lol ) to assist, got no help. Though not their fault I didn't directly ask, hints only go so far. 

While I was on staff a staff member(GM) got sick and was in the hospital, I conjured the idea of sending him flowers...80$ later and a nice set of flowers was on the way from the team(major props to Discord, and Demtri) but I'm pretty sure SV put 0$ in on them. This was a GM that volunteered 1000's of hours too :) 

Recently a staff member's 2nd monitor broke, which he used to entertain himself while doing petitions. He mentioned it up the ranks/requested a new one and he got no help from SV. Though I will mention from what I heard discord was going above and beyond to help out. 

Point being, SV is a for profit, cheap as fuck company. They're only taking what they can get for free without shelling out a dime. Theres no way that these positions are paid in any way.

If you want another view non related, ask how many hours Henrik has personally volunteered within the support team ;) hahahhahahaha.

• TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123

I betad for this game and was so excited for it but they allowed the community abuse to run amuck in the forums.

TL:DR the devs are a holes.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by oldmostaff

Point being, SV is a for profit, cheap as fuck company. They're only taking what they can get for free without shelling out a dime. Theres no way that these positions are paid in any way.

What profit? Star Vault hasn't made a net profit since 2010.

• TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I remember when someone paid 5,000.00 to get the first signed pewter piece of crap game piece and a tin box bla bla bla..what a joke. Ive heard they even allow the players to use corpses of other players to sell as food?..sounds about right for these ppl...Sweden yea?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

While I was on staff, they just released awakening, I have a decent PC minus 32 bit...and needed 64 bit to prevent crashing every 3mins(or less) and I got no help obtaining that from SV(I asked for a nickle everytime I crashed(would provide log if needed lol). 

While I was there, I kept mentioning the chair I was volunteering literally 100's and nearly a thousand hours(maybe more, dont have access to that data) in was hurting my back. I mentioned this many times hoping they'd step up and offer me a gift card to newegg or any chair place(I'm poor irl lol ) to assist, got no help. Though not their fault I didn't directly ask, hints only go so far. 

While I was on staff a staff member(GM) got sick and was in the hospital, I conjured the idea of sending him flowers...80$ later and a nice set of flowers was on the way from the team(major props to Discord, and Demtri) but I'm pretty sure SV put 0$ in on them. This was a GM that volunteered 1000's of hours too :) 

Recently a staff member's 2nd monitor broke, which he used to entertain himself while doing petitions. He mentioned it up the ranks/requested a new one and he got no help from SV. Though I will mention from what I heard discord was going above and beyond to help out. 

If you want another view non related, ask how many hours Henrik has personally volunteered within the support team ;) hahahhahahaha.

Discord is a paid member of the sv staff, he does more than just gm and unfortunately for most players theres no pulling out the weed once its roots are everywhere.

but its nice to here sv were indirectly helping their unpaid staff through discord.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Every time i read Mortal all that comes to my mind is the village of Morthal in Skyrim and then i want to go play Skyrim instead.

Good Job.

• oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by deathshroud

Discord is a paid member of the sv staff, he does more than just gm and unfortunately for most players theres no pulling out the weed once its roots are everywhere.

but its nice to here sv were indirectly helping their unpaid staff through discord.

Discord according to another source gets 100 a month, and what he does with it is his choice, but from what I've seen at LEAST 100 goes back into the game for him, and usually a bit more(between support services, forums upgrade cost, TS for support team, etc etc.) 

So really, I dont give much credit to SV on that one, more so to Discord for going above and beyond what anyone would, by pulling money out of his personal funds for things. 

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Discord according to another source gets 100 a month, and what he does with it is his choice, but from what I've seen at LEAST 100 goes back into the game for him, and usually a bit more(between support services, forums upgrade cost, TS for support team, etc etc.) 

So really, I dont give much credit to SV on that one, more so to Discord for going above and beyond what anyone would, by pulling money out of his personal funds for things. 

What happened to Gradius?

Originally posted by deathshroud

He gets a lot more than just 100.00 a month. its his full time job, not only does he GM but he also helps in other ways including knowing the database, testing and gming.  If he was only getting 100 he would have quit long ago.

believe gradus was kicked from the team due to discord blaming him for something instead of taking the flak himself.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Sorry for OT, just curious, what games are you playing now, Deathshroud? 
    Sorry for OT, just curious, what games are you playing now, Deathshroud? 

Natural Selection 2

Puerto Rico pc game

Rising Storm

Mostly playing board games, i'm currently developing a board game of my own, but its to early to really discuss it with anyone outside the development team.