Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MOBA slowly taking over

MirariMirariMirariMirari Member UncommonPosts: 47

Honestly I HATE MOBA's they aren't as fun and thrilling to me (just my opinion please as we know people with opinions are killed on the internet)

I don't know much about the history of it but one day it just randomly taken over into popularity.

We need more variety, not more MOBA's.

I really don't know what to put here.

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Found a great collection of MOBA for you to enjoy. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MirariMirariMirariMirari Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Found a great collection of MOBA for you to enjoy. 

I laughed pretty hard my god, I actually had the same thing in mind.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by MirariMirari
    Honestly I HATE MOBA's they aren't as fun and thrilling to me (just my opinion please as we know people with opinions are killed on the internet)I don't know much about the history of it but one day it just randomly taken over into popularity.We need more variety, not more MOBA's. 
    +1

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

MOBA's fill a niche. They're not erasing the MMO formula that you enjoy. 

There's more than enough room in the world for MOBA's, action MMO's, traditional MMO's, sim MMO's, FPS MMO's, TPS MMO's, and so on. 

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Slowly, how about lighting fast ? LoL is considered a SPORT NOW in 'Murica.

and there is about 20 new mobas on the horizon coming to already 20-25 in the genre, we need moar mobas me thinks.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

i would play moba if it wasn´t so esports´y...
    just grinding same maps all the time.

put moba in an open sandbox world with classes, skills, levels, crafting, questing ect... and i would play it.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by 13lake

Slowly, how about lighting fast ? LoL is considered a SPORT NOW in 'Murica.

and there is about 20 new mobas on the horizon coming to already 20-25 in the genre, we need moar mobas me thinks.

My thoughts exactly.  MOBA has already taken over.  League of Legends is bigger than the top 20 MMORPGs combined.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

MOBA's are fine... what we need is to keep the damn MOBA's out of the MORPG's a la BG's, Arenas, controlled environments...

All this eSport crap is killing MMORPGs because it breeds and roots everything that is shitty about the MOBA community and injects it into the MMORPG's.

And because most MMO's nowadays are F2P they are also very accessible...

I know that BG's and Arenas were in MMO's before this new trend of MOBA hybrid between BG's  and RTS games like Starcraft.

This destroys MMO's in every sense of the word... because instead of gaming being about adventure and exploring... it's WIN WIN WIN, consume, move on, rinse and repeat with the next game...

Keep the MOBA players with the MOBA's.. and free this curse from MMORPGs so we can go back to the days where you went out adventuring for a fight and not queued for one...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

I have been saying this for years: Football is slowly taking over and killing cricket!

Football is neither fun nor thrilling (just my opinion) but somehow it became popular when all we needed was more cricket teams and a broad variety of bats.

Football (and even worse: People having fun with it) is bad!

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• MirariMirariMirariMirari Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Halandir

I have been saying this for years: Football is slowly taking over and killing cricket!

Football is neither fun nor thrilling (just my opinion) but somehow it became popular when all we needed was more cricket teams and a broad variety of bats.

Football (and even worse: People having fun with it) is bad!

Right on!

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Yargh.