Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

classes

WHAT classes are y'all playing and what is your plans for open beta?

I might play as archer and level that to 10 then level up conjurer to level 12. If I have time left over I would try to level up archer to 20...
So I'm tired to be hardcore gamer for them three days....
Wish me luck. :p

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Pugilist + lancer for Monk.  Probably dragoon after that just because it makes sense :P.  Then probably a break to do some gathering/crafting.
  • FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Planning on playing as an Archer and leveling up the requisite classes to become a Bard!
  • TabmoweTabmowe Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Arcanist>Summoner first then Archer>Bard. praying for Beastmaster further down the line.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I'm going to go with Dragoon, really like their combat style. Always a fan of melee classes, and really like the dragoon armor.
  • javon1334javon1334 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by FoxyShoxzy

Planning on playing as an Archer and leveling up the requisite classes to become a Bard!
    archer + conjurer= bard?
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Staying Marauder. Does that make sense? I'm new to FF's systems. :p
  • FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by javon1334
    Originally posted by FoxyShoxzy
    archer + conjurer= bard?

Yeah, Archer + Conjurer + Lancer as far as I know.

Idk which one I want to play as puglist or archer. I'm still debating which one...
    II'm leaning on puglist more. But idk
  • k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I'm gonna get Conj or Arcnanist to15 then get weaver, carpenter, and botanist in the 20s with my fav of them to 30 before going back and lvling combat type classes.

My son makes is so I need to be able to step away at a moments notice so crafting will be what I do with the majority of my time. At some point I see myself having all crafting  jobs to 50. It'll take less time than 1 craft took to get to 100 with all necessary subcrafts 60 in xi.
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

I'm on the fence a bit, myself. This is the first MMO I've played where I've enjoyed every class.

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Idk which one I want to play as puglist or archer. I'm still debating which one...
    II'm leaning on puglist more. But idk

You might want to consider how 'frenetic' a rotation you want as part of that. PUG starts out simple but MNK looks like it's going to be one of the most hectic jobs to play if you mean to get the most out of it (many abilities to weave in, multiple buffs to manage, quickest GCD, several active forms of utility to watch for the right times to use, and crazy positional requirements).

I am the kind of player who by default goes for the 'monk' classes in games more or less, but I'm leaning toward ARC/BRD this time because they have a simpler rotation/priority, which will allow me to do optimal dps while paying more attention to situational factors of the fights I'm in, etc.

Anyway, for my contribution: I'm starting Conjurer in Gridania, getting that to 15 or 20, then the same with Arcanist in Limsa and Thaumaturge in Uldah to prep for the 2 healing jobs before I think about leveling Archer and the requisite classes for a DPS role or crafting/gathering. It's going to be a caster world-tour!

I thought about what you said and I'm going with archer/Bard, because it is easier than mnk and I love the archer more than any other job.. because it's a long ranged dps,.and I also like curing/ helping people out..... Well I really don't cure as archer, but I help curing when the healer is low on mp.
    Whenever I become a bard that where I can start using songs to help.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    I usually play a healer so I think I'll wind up as a White Mage
    Conjurer is so boring to me.
  • skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Im gonna get my lancer to 20, then marauder and Pugilist to atleast 15. conjurer to level 8, archer to 4.(not in that order) then i want to get armourer to 20, and in the process ill level botany and mining up as far as i can.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

Conjurer is so boring to me.

Conjurer is pretty simplistic/boring until the early to mid 20s when you get more interesting healing abilities and the fights get complex enough and/or have enough damage flying around that there is actually a real threat of people dying from something other than you not paying attention.

However, there are ways to jazz up those earlier levels - level THM and/or arcanist for some spell variety, level with friends and have them make tough pulls so you have something to heal, go to FATEs that feature bosses to heal those, or - something I like to do - look around for strangers that are about to die and save them with your heals (you don't need to be grouped up to heal people). 15 to early 20s should be primarily dungeons.

Still, it's a pretty typical and bare-bones healing role - Arcanist to Scholar might be more interesting to some people - in any case it's not for everyone. 

I'm more as a long ranged dps, that also like to help random stranger when they about to die..., I remember in phase 3 I, leveled up conjurer to 12 and took day off from leveling up my gld to help the low people to level up..,I think that was best part of being healer to help people out. That's why picked bard.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

whatever is fastest to unlock the airship. Then its weaving, mining, fishing, culinarian.

• PreythanPreythan Member Posts: 66
    going to ultimately be a white mage...always been some sort of healing class as my main.  then i'll probably branch into the other casting classes.
    I'm more as a long ranged dps, that also like to help random stranger when they about to die..., I remember in phase 3 I, leveled up conjurer to 12 and took day off from leveling up my gld to help the low people to level up..,I think that was best part of being healer to help people out. That's why picked bard.

Fair enough - I like Bard's ability to support others while also doing good dps too. I suppose, with supplementary abilities, they can do all the things I mentioned a healer could do in early levels, even if their healing isn't as potent. They are probably the most versatile job in the game - if I had to pick just one job to level, it'd probably be Bard (but I'm leveling many jobs lol).

Oh, I forgot to mention before that if you were interested in a melee that is a somewhat more 'laid back' in terms of rotation, the Lancer/Dragoon would be your best bet. You'll have to level it a bit anyway to get abilities for your Bard, so you'll get to test it for yourself.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
     Dragoon for me!
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

strange to see such common threads of interest, but for me its going to be:

Arcanist + Conjurer > Scholar, however, im still not sure how i feel about being a healing class like that.

after that i want to go Archer + Lancer > Bard.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse