Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will our leader or Tr``o´´ll``o´´lXZorZ be our Emperor?

So, I'm not really sure about how things will work but I think someone mentioned something about that the most successful faction will get the throne in Imperial City and one of them will be the Emperor of Tamriel. (for a while or til next time so to speak).

But, and here's my question, will there be a npc leader for the winning faction that will get the throne. (Like if Varian Wrynn would be the leader of Azeroth if WoW had the same system - just an example folks!!!)

Or.... could my Emperor of Tamriel be player:  "Tr``o´´ll``o´´lXZ0rZ" ????  I think you all know why I wonder this....

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Lol. I think the answer, unfortunately, is door #2.

This and multiple guild membership are the two things about this game that make me stop, scratch my head and say "WTF are the devs thinking?"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Well, ideally as soon as one becomes emperor, the other two factions will band together to dethrone him.

Also, I'm sure whoever contributes the most won't be a childish troll. It's probably going to take some skill and dedication to be the top player of a faction in a three way battle. Though, there is that possibility, but luckily it's a game and we'll all be okay.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Ha Ha!

You can see it now.

/In Patrick Stewart Voice "And so it came to pass that after countless trials and many epic battles, the great Emperor LOVESTOSPOOGE did rise to throne of all Tamriel!"

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Would be funny if the new emperor was a vampire or a werewolf and roleplayed it to the hilt which lead to players from the opposing factions roleplaying crusaders or joining the cause so to speak...

It was said the emperor would be the highest scoring player from the occupying alliance in cryodiil so I would most certainly ascertain it will be a powergamer with a deviant slant of some sort

Considering there is only one emperor its not hard to imagine what kind of issues this is going to create as it was also stated the emperor will have a special unique power...

Personally if I am on an alliance I am going to be keeping track of the realm points so to speak cuz I am not going to support an idiot becoming emperor simply based on the fact they are leading in realm points...I figure this is why they are allowing players to play all alliances, instead of being forced to pick one alliance

Good thing former DAoC devs are developing this game so hopefully there are some features in place which will lead to a more interesting development and playstyle for everyone involved...

Hopefully

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by Kuanshu
    Personally if I am on an alliance I am going to be keeping track of the realm points so to speak cuz I am not going to support an idiot becoming emperor simply based on the fact they are leading in realm points...I figure this is why they are allowing players to play all alliances, instead of being forced to pick one alliance

Wait, so as an Orc I could throw my weight behind Ebonheart pact?

The best scoring player of the team that archieves the goal will be the emperor...  

Basically your Orc will be part of the Daggerfall Alliance.... Your other characters could be part of the other alliances... With the mega server you van not force people into one aliance as with DAoC, because they have no alternate servers to choose for the other races.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by Miklosan

So, I'm not really sure about how things will work but I think someone mentioned something about that the most successful faction will get the throne in Imperial City and one of them will be the Emperor of Tamriel. (for a while or til next time so to speak).

But, and here's my question, will there be a npc leader for the winning faction that will get the throne. (Like if Varian Wrynn would be the leader of Azeroth if WoW had the same system - just an example folks!!!)

Or.... could my Emperor of Tamriel be player:  "Tr``o´´ll``o´´lXZ0rZ" ????  I think you all know why I wonder this....

Dont forget, because there will be Multiple Campaigns (instances) of Cyrodiil, you will have 100s of "Emperors"

The phrase "There can be only One" does not apply in ESO

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I thought the entire idea was absurd. Players should never be rulers in MMOs. Period.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Elikal
    I thought the entire idea was absurd. Players should never be rulers in MMOs. Period.

you will not be a ruler, its more like a title which gives you some extra powers, as a tfade off, you will become the hunted instead of the hunter,you will be the main target, instead of the ruler.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Well I for one hope ESO is one of those games wherein casual players get broke into MMOs as this is an opportunity for Bethesda to evolve their RPGs into MMORPGs.

Im sure if one of their servers/channels ends up bring a farce players will find a ways to do what they want, where they want and with whom they want...

2014 is sure sizing up to be quite a year :)

• MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Iselin

This and multiple guild membership are the two things about this game that make me stop, scratch my head and say "WTF are the devs thinking?"

And how many games allow special characters in the name field?  If someone wants to have a ridiculous name that is their business. There have been historical figures with silly or weird names.  Why not here?  The OP makes an overstated melodramatic post with an outlandish example.  It sounds like the OP has control issues and is a little thin-skinned.  That's a rough combo in a pvp game.

Here are some examples of silly names:

http://funnynamesblog.com/a-z/

http://www.strangehistory.net/2011/09/15/strange-historical-personal-names/

http://www.meaningofnames.biz/famous-names.htm

There are more, Alot Moore.... ;)

It's a pvp game.  If the OP doesn't like clowns and wants to ensure his serious game is taken oh so seriously then he should crush his competition.

Normally I don't mind people having silly names, it's easy to ignore them. But as an Emperor in a Teso? Nope, that is just immersionbreaking.

Problem is that we don't have different serversettings like PvP aswell as RPPVP. Now, I'm not a heavy roleplayer though but a nick like I gave as an example in OP as an Emperor.....really?

And how many games allow special characters in the name field?  If someone wants to have a ridiculous name that is their business. There have been historical figures with silly or weird names.  Why not here?  The OP makes an overstated melodramatic post with an outlandish example.  It sounds like the OP has control issues and is a little thin-skinned.  That's a rough combo in a pvp game.

It's a pvp game.  If the OP doesn't like clowns and wants to ensure his serious game is taken oh so seriously then he should crush his competition.

Hardly worth replying but I didn't want to let that libertarian nonsense go.

That is exactly what's wrong with MMO communities these days. If someone wants to name themselves with a ridiculous immersion-breaking, annoying, idiotic name, it's everyone's business. There's way too much tolerance for that sort of ass-hattery.

The rest of us are just supposed to put up with it because they paid their dime too so it's their money-given right to be boorish morons. There's liberty and then there is civilized behavior... MMOs could do with a heaping dose of #2.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Who is going to want to fully support a fellow alliance player who just so happens to lead the alliance in realm points and isn't winning the hearts and minds of fellow comrades in arms with their words and deeds?

Roleplaying can go a loooooooong way :)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

I can usually hide nameplates in most mmo's so annoying names are really not a problem.

What I would like to see is an option to remove players from my screen who jump constantly. IMO, that is a lot more annoying/immersion breaking than names. :)

Originally posted by immodium

I can usually hide nameplates in most mmo's so annoying names are really not a problem.

What I would like to see is an option to remove players from my screen who jump constantly. IMO, that is a lot more annoying/immersion breaking than names. :)

Yeah...ban those buggers too! image

PS. re-reading my previous post on this page, in the light of day, without the benefit of 3 scotch on the rocks, I sounded like that guy we all know...you know? The one sitting next to you at the bar that starts every sentence with "and another frigging thing..."

I really don't care as much as I made it sound in my previous post. There are worse offenders in MMOs the devs should crack down on (cheaters and exploiters, for example) than the people with no sense when it comes to choosing a name.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• GoldmundGoldmund Member Posts: 8
    I would think the solution to this would be rather simple.  If you see someone with a name you don't like, just hunt them down and kill them repeatedly to limit their success.  If they still become emperor, work to remove them from power.  Failing at that, you can always switch to another campaign.

That is exactly what's wrong with MMO communities these days. If someone wants to name themselves with a ridiculous immersion-breaking, annoying, idiotic name, it's everyone's business. There's way too much tolerance for that sort of ass-hattery.

The rest of us are just supposed to put up with it because they paid their dime too so it's their money-given right to be boorish morons. There's liberty and then there is civilized behavior... MMOs could do with a heaping dose of #2.

No need to be rude or hurl slights or insults.  If it's not worth your time to respond then don't.

It has nothing to do with paying your dime.  It has everything to do with a few people with a narrow sense of immersion that want to define that for the rest.  The rest of us should put up with that because there is no compelling reason not to.  What is a serious world without the absurd?  Contrasting views and perspectives make a world interesting.

If anything I find your view fairly capitalist and entitled.  You expect that because you paid your dime, everyone else should conform to your naming standard.  And what makes you right?

First of, you obviously didn't read my follow-up post or chose to disregard it...whatever.

I can see how you can misunderstand my "hardly worth responding" statement as a personal slight. My apologies for not being clear. What I meant was that the subject itself is not super important, not your own post specifically.

Having said that, what makes me "right" is that I, along with the majority of gamers who love MMOs, behave in a way when I'm playing that isn't calculated to annoy or in any way ruin the experience for others...only that.

You're trying to make it sound as if annoying behavior has some sort of creative merit...something to do with absurdity being a good thing, I gather. Sorry but being annoying is just juvenile anti-social behavior--nothing more nor less.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DaakenDaaken Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs

Dont forget, because there will be Multiple Campaigns (instances) of Cyrodiil, you will have 100s of "Emperors"

And this is why I will always play on a role play preferred server, or in this case campaign.

Random Forum Poster: I want an MMO that is different, original and fun.

Me: So you want something like EQN

Them: Nah dude, I want a Holy Trinity, Tab Target combat, Instanced Raiding, and Rigid classes.

Me: Double Facepalm.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

I am with you on names. I hope the game has one of the strictest naming policies ever seen. No more XXDrizzitZZ, Urmomismyepicmount, Noiwontbuffu, Ipwnu, healzbottoo and other mornic names.

I already see the book entries in Elder Scrolls VI:

2E246 reign of Trollolol II., son of XxxRoxxor the Mad

2E247 reign of Gandalfffff I.

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

2E249 reign of XxxTehShepardxxX

ad nauseam...

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by Daaken

And this is why I will always play on a role play preferred server, or in this case campaign.

Eh that rarely works either. I was on a RP server where someone with some really stupid name outright mocked rpers calling them basement dweller virgins, and he never got banned. I really won't be surprised if we have the reign of Pwnzty Newbster even on an RP campaign.

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by Kendane

Eh that rarely works either. I was on a RP server where someone with some really stupid name outright mocked rpers calling them basement dweller virgins, and he never got banned. I really won't be surprised if we have the reign of Pwnzty Newbster even on an RP campaign.

Im guessing he never played LOTRO on Landroval(RP) and had the "pleasure" of playing with the likes of Dilldo Teabaginns, Legomyass and other fine players

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I am jaded so I think the development team has already thought of this and will likely replace the Emperor's name tag with a generic one of their own that reads "Ruler of Tamerial" removing their player selected identity for as long as they hold the title and making them something else (ie a generic ruler and target.)
    Originally posted by Kendane

Im guessing he never played LOTRO on Landroval(RP) and had the "pleasure" of playing with the likes of Dilldo Teabaginns, Legomyass and other fine players

LOL on an RP server?

I was on Gladden and was the first player to level 50 (hunter named Aniyunwiya). Switched to Monster Play and quit playing shortly afterwards. I hear their getting the shaft still simply because Monster Players are not destined to ever be on par with Player Characters. There was a good number of lifetime subscribers back when the game was starting out. Wonder how many sold off their lifetime accounts as the game became F2P.

Im surprised a developer hasn't made it so a players names are not emphasized. I remember getting a really bad rep playing LOTRO as I terrorized the Monster Player zone as a player and as a monster player. It got so bad that I was being false reported repeatedly for made up stuff simply because people get mad easily in a game and if enough of them report you (even if its not true), you will get either suspended or banned, temporarily or permanently.

Go figure

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

ad nauseam...

I will be thy Ruler

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

2E248 reign of Lolgolas

ad nauseam...

I will be thy Ruler

*stares blank*

Is that someone I should know? o.0