Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll ] How many Elf races do you want in EQN?

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    They should just use the Elven races that are 'standard' for Everquest.  Which is High Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, and of course, Half Elves, of course they could be saving money by not having them in the game, or maybe they plan to sell them as unlocks in the future. But it wouldn't be a real Everquest game without them.image
  • sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    i want also blood elves and night elves and any other elves exist in any game and lore!
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

No vote.

Where is the "I hate ALL elves and want none of them" option?

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Four0Six

No vote.

On a non-fantasy based game poll?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by evilastro
    They will probably have wood elves and half elves too. I personally think there are too many elves. I will be hunting them on my ogre and turning them into stew.

Not if I can find you first. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145

I love how you either love or hate elves. Most people are on one exetreme. To me, they are my favorite part of EQ. And I love them all. I love the shorter, tan, nature loving wood elves. Kelethin was beautiful and had great music. I also love the tall, pale High Elves that were pretty much royalty. I liked the fact that they considered themselves above other races (even though they were physically weak as hell). I will also miss the Half Elves as they had interesting lore being tied to both Wood Elf and Human. They made great rangers and bards. 

It would seem bland to just throw this all away and lump it up into "Elf". You lose the distinction and some great variety. This coming from an elf fan of course.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by Four0Six

No vote.

On a non-fantasy based game poll?

Well, it could be on a poll for a fantasy based game where the fantasy world doesn't have elves

I don't think there are elves in Tyria (Guild Wars/Guild Wars 2), so an option like that would be in a poll for future GW2 races (plus Skritt would totally win by a landslide).  Alternatively could be an option for a poll for future races in a game that already has elves so people can say that all the available elf races are enough, or that they indeed hate elves.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by tkreep
    They should add keebler elves, theres no such thing as too many elves.  Mobs wont even want to fight me anymore after they taste my fudge stripes, only need one hotbar slot for that.

Good idea, but they also should add some "house elves" in just to incorporate some lore from other famous IP's.

Besides, who else can clean our houses?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    my 3 favorite races of all time, were wood elves / dark elves and iksars. As long as they are in the game I will be a happy camper.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    my 3 favorite races of all time, were wood elves / dark elves and iksars. As long as they are in the game I will be a happy camper.

Iksar were always near the top of my list for favorite races (even the introduction of the Charr and the Amani haven't fully displaced them), but now that Dark Elves have horns, I'm suddenly interested in them more than I used to be.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145
    I should have changed the poll to include combining all the good elf races into one. My bad.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

I wouldn't mind seeing Half swapped out with Brownies or something.  I voted to include Half but they are pretty generic and really offer nothing to the game world... although they could easily give some lore and life to half-elves with a little more effort.

In EQ 1+2, they simply were there with no background or focus whatsoever.  They need to make them more unique from Humans/other elves to make them interesting.

• LaiquendiLaiquendi Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by arieste
    Originally posted by Laiquendi

http://images.wikia.com/eqnext/images/d/db/Everquest_Next_Tribute_to_EQ_Art.jpg

What race is the female in the lower right? 

My guess would be Barbarian based on clothing, but then, clothing is not race-based, so it could just be a human in a different outfit. 

She is just a hair taller then the dwarf which is farther away then she is, so shes not human, and definitely not a barbarian. 

I can't see her ears to say she was a wood elf, and I would have to say shes a smig short to be half elf.

Im going to go with halfelf.  But wood elf is not far fetched.

• DwarfuriousDwarfurious Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Where is the "none" option? Seriously... So many god damn elves in every fantasy game. More elves than humans i swear. Elves outnumber humans in WoW. And they're boring and terrible. EQ had a lot of interesting races you hardly ever see. Elves are a cancer. Trolls and Goblins and Gnomes please.  Hell, DARK DWARVES maybe.