Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is people loosing interest in Archeage?

Comments

• EdelbertEdelbert Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by BearKnight

AA tanked HARD in Korea because the developers made a sandbox title and released it in Korea. Koreans are well known for not liking sandbox titles, or Western type games. ArcheAge is a hardcore Western type MMO (ie: PayPerMonth, and too many open-world sandbox designs).

You are completely wrong. Koreans loved Lineage II and it was entirely open world in the early years. Also, FFA pvp and castle sieges were a core aspect of the game. It was also pay per month.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by rounner
    All aboard the hype train. Next stop Black Desert

And once Black Dessert nears a release people will find reasons to hate that game too, then they'll wait 5 more years for the next hyped game instead of learning that overhyping the game more than the devs themselves is a bad idea.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Originally posted by Juaks

For me it has lost a bit of steam lately. I am very interested in this game but it's taking too long to make it to the west and the lack of info and estimate release is killing it for me. And all my interest now is focused on FF XIV which is about to be released in less than a month.

I am sure ill be back to Archeage later on when a release date is given.

Yup same for me.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Originally posted by thunderC
    Originally posted by Juaks

For me it has lost a bit of steam lately. I am very interested in this game but it's taking too long to make it to the west and the lack of info and estimate release is killing it for me. And all my interest now is focused on FF XIV which is about to be released in less than a month.

I am sure ill be back to Archeage later on when a release date is given.

Yup same for me.

Here here. The lack of information coming out about the western version and no details on when a beta will available or when the game will be released has made it so my eye is not on this so much. FFXIV ARR open beta should start in the next week or two so my attention is solely on that at this time. This is the first time I've read or posted anything about AA since ffxiv phase 3 beta started.

• FelenciaFelencia Member Posts: 8

If you are looking for a full on medieval game ie without cars and swim suits then you should wait for Lord British to release Shroud of Avatar https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar. everyone speculates that AA is a bomb in korea over open Sand box games, but really it was over a hacked account where someone lost over 150 dollars roughly and pretty much told him tough luck until the man posted his video fight with them on some sort of youtube, ruining their reputation, they issued an apology, but by that time it was too late. 

This is the same thing that happened to Rift for me, same reason that Trion nearly went belly up, having to layoff numerous workers they have a limited staff working on the translation of the content of the game.

I believe they are going pay to play as our Japanese counterparts have. 

I have waited for this game since the first announcement, I can wait a bit longer.  

The game as a whole is only 50% complete, and people are thinking they are experts in the art of how well the game will go due to the crafting system? The cars? Swimsuits? 

If you don't like them don't make them, don't use them, no one is forcing you to enjoy all the features of the game. 

Trolls will be trolls I suppose.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    well its been long time coming and still coming so ofc people lose intrest and turn they heads towars something else wich may come sooner. should not market game years and years cause people eventuyally got bored of waiting.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Well, either create more accounts and complain about swimsuits, or acknowledge that some people just like freedom in their games.  It's not that anyone would go around in a swimsuit all day, but more so knowing all the while that they "could" if they wanted to.  That is more comforting than actually doing it.

And if freedom bothers some people, well there are plenty of other games that are heavy with restrictions and stuff you can do.  Next time you shower, make sure to wear your clothes too, because if you ever see yourself naked in a reflection, you might catch fire.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Archewho?

Duke Nukem Forever became a notable example of vaporware due to its severely protracted development schedule

I remember Teala preaching almost daily about the joys and wonders of AA Coming Real Soon Now No Really AA.

But that was before SWTOR opened.

I'm also waiting to see the "new" (if 2006 is new) Anarchy Online Engine.

• KaraethonKaraethon Member Posts: 33
    For me it has pretty much missed its window.  There are so many other games coming out that seem so much better.  The Starbucks stuff did not help either.
  • TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I was soooo hyped for this game until I saw a Starbucks in world.

It's all about creation .. people who bother to learn the tools for the "Starbox" type stuff will likely make decent creations.

Any sandbox game is like that.  You will always get a giant penis statue if you give people the tools.

If freedom bothers you, then play a themepark.  It's safer for you.

(in any event, Trion never confirmed they would implement the tools in the NA version, but I hope they do)

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    I wanna see a game called "panties online"
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Fusion

I guess starbucks, coca cola vending machines, hawai shirts/shorts and cars drove alot of people away :)

Or just the general lack of news on the western version.

I'll pick the 2nd option... TRION is not handing out too much news on the translation/westernization right now :( I wish they'd change that though. ArcheAge is still on my radar and I really hope it'll be here shortly...

• darwarrdarwarr Member Posts: 5
    I fail to see what's so bad about the PvP. They can take your boats and packages so piracy actually means something. Your loot is intact. Sounds relatively low impact to me. Certainly not on the level of Darkfall, EVE, or Mortal Onlin
    Originally posted by Karteli

It's all about creation .. people who bother to learn the tools for the "Starbox" type stuff will likely make decent creations.

Any sandbox game is like that.  You will always get a giant penis statue if you give people the tools.

(in any event, Trion never confirmed they would implement the tools in the NA version, but I hope they do)

I love creative freedom. Its why Ive played Second Life for 9 years. Gumball Machines...Coke Machines..Starbucks.. newspaper stands?...in an MMO?...no..Thank you..but NO.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    When the game comes closer to release in the west hype will go up.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

Originally posted by Ticklepink
    Originally posted by Karteli

I love creative freedom. Its why Ive played Second Life for 9 years. Gumball Machines...Coke Machines..Starbucks.. newspaper stands?...in an MMO?...no..Thank you..but NO.

People could potentially make those Coke machines .. but when you think about it, how different is it from people trolling in chat channels .. Talking about Chuck Norris, Bieber, or who to vote for in the next (whatever) election.

You can turn chat channels off, and you can avoid player created locales.

But just as not everyone trolls chat channels, not everyone trolls creation tools.  There are a lot of good creations out there .. but the media just picks up on the extreme, as it generates more hits to their sites.

After awhile you know which neighborhoods host good creationists .. you'll spend more time there than in others you object to.  Having spent some time in Second Life, you know this.

Graphics freedom is very similar to typing freedom in chat.  Either can be self censored.

well..fact of the matter is..U.S. wont allow or host any servers with that type of blatant copyright infringement happening :) There will be a  process I'm sure where entries for public display will be judged and deemed appropriate.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Matticus75
    I wanna see a game called "panties online"

Did someone say Panties Online ?

http://youtu.be/hjVq6HgoqQw

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    Originally posted by Karaethon
    For me it has pretty much missed its window.  There are so many other games coming out that seem so much better.  The Starbucks stuff did not help either.

yeah by the time Archeage is released ....we will be playing other games...

same can be said for blade and soul >.>

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Karaethon

yeah by the time Archeage is released ....we will be playing other games...

same can be said for blade and soul >.>

Who is "we"..

How do we know people won't playing the game? Seriously. There are plenty of people who love Asian MMOs and it's still at the top of their lists.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Games used to come out and thats it...

Now games announce they will come out 3 years before, then they show bit by bit stuff they have in the game....when it comes out its old news already...nobody gives a sh#t  about it anymore.

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by loopback1199
    I'm pretty sure Archeage just gained all the EQ vets at this point.

Haha, amen brother. 

I am still very much interested in this title, but like others have said, there has been little new info since Trion took the publishing reins. I'm looking forward to launch.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

It has all the features implemented and many of them some that are unique (underwater treasures) like pointed out.

Notz many developers keep the promises about the features, for example Darkfall  bigmouts features that never see the day of light and launch with half the game and if asked about instead of be ashamed about their sghady behaviour they tell : "MMORPG's are always in Beta".

It is refrreshing to see a real company who development cycle is open with no closed Beta NDA to hide their status , like for example again Darkfall developers who pulled an NGE over their playerbase.

Archeage is the most feature rich MMORPG right now and even if not fully sandbox its developers deserve the most respect from the MMORPG community about them being so open about what they doing and having the promised features implemented.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

Aye, it's not even on my radar anymore.  ArcheAge simply took too long to get here...and its not here yet.  They missed their window of opportunity with me at least.  With others however they still have a little time to garner a following pre-EQnext release.  Too many people were sitting on their thumbs.  Also they shouldn't let suits who have never played a game in their life do an expose on their game.  We can smell your doubt and fake sense of awe. 

They're still not doing as bad as the ESO dev team.  At least they didn't kill off their own following.  To be honest there's not even enough evidence for me to believe the game actually exists what with the lack of video and the few "screenshots" they have up.  Forgive me, they have a playable tech demo as well.  The whole thing seems shady and tentative and it's obvious someone, somewhere is eyeing a plug that's ripe for the pulling.