Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would get you into this game?

Beside F2P, as they've said they have no plans for that, what would get you into AC2?

I remember hearing lots of people over the years say how they missed it and would play it so much if it was back, but I don't see those people. So I'm curious as to what would get people into it?

I will also mention that they've said they've increased a lot of the quest XPs in the upcoming patch which should help with the grind (they also boosted some with the last patch).

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Nothing. Played AC1 long ago, and dabbled in AC2 a little before the first official shutdown. The problem is that there are better choices available for free, so why would I pay to play a game akin to EQ when I can play EQ1 and 2 for free?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Nothing. Played AC1 long ago, and dabbled in AC2 a little before the first official shutdown. The problem is that there are better choices available for free, so why would I pay to play a game akin to EQ when I can play EQ1 and 2 for free?

Maybe because some are tired of the usual item bait & switch the akin EQ games have to offer? or tired of the typical fantasy setting with elves, dwarves and orcs? I would pay triple price to be able to be free of the Raid A for purple uber item B etc... and see another orc or dwarf. 

To answer the OP; I finally have a game to play and have really no big complaints - I knew what I was getting into. But I also think the devs are doing something right by enhancing the quest xp and giving the UI an overhaul. I also would like to see the KvK shrines functioning 100%.

• AzRaell33AzRaell33 Member Posts: 155

Nothing.  I wouldn’t give turdbin a dime. They are just trying to wring a few more bucks from players that used to play and are feeling a little nostalgic. AC2 wasn’t making any money sitting on a shelf so they dust it off and load it onto a server. I doubt it coast them more than few hr work for a single tech. You can bet there is not going to be any development and few but fixes if any.  After that stunt they pulled in 05 of releasing a game expansion then announcing the game closure a few months after I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it again. It’s a win either way for turdbin. If turdbin had any decency they would make it free to play.  

EDIT: When I say free to play I mean FREE TO PLAY.  Adding it as a extra to a AC1 subscription is not free.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

There are quite a few active players already, Turbine haven't publicised the games re-release and there is no free trial for the people that are unsure.

Personally I have extremely fond memories of AC2 and will be playing it a lot, only reason I quit was because mods were jerks at the time.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

I played AC1 and AC2 and I thought I would resub for AC1 so I could play the AC2 beta.

It was a fun game and maybe the beta testers can make it better before it goes live.  I am willing to give it a shot.

I still remember diving off the Deru Tree into a tiny pond of water far below and playing music just for fun.  PvP is available as well ... which I liked.

Oh, forgot to mention, I got an email from Turbine about the AC2 beta.  Saw some nice YouTube videos about the return of AC2 recently.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    a remake of the game, not a resurrection of the same game with the same graphics and old mechanics.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Game is fine all tho its been dumb down alot pitty:(

what would bring me back to AC2 is if they open up a Darktide server again.

Graphics i don't mind they still looking rather good for a 11year old game.

But the white server is no good for me its all spoonfed and complaining players annoyingly safe gameworld to move around with no risk.

Darktide and i maybe concider.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by AzRaell33
    Nothing.  I wouldn’t give turdbin a dime. They are just trying to wring a few more bucks from players that used to play and are feeling a little nostalgic. AC2 wasn’t making any money sitting on a shelf so they dust it off and load it onto a server. I doubt it coast them more than few hr work for a single tech. You can bet there is not going to be any development and few but fixes if any.  After that stunt they pulled in 05 of releasing a game expansion then announcing the game closure a few months after I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it again. It’s a win either way for turdbin. If turdbin had any decency they would make it free to play.  EDIT: When I say free to play I mean FREE TO PLAY.  Adding it as a extra to a AC1 subscription is not free.

I had same feeling as you towards turbine and to start playing again but some old AC2 friends seeked me up in GW2 to get in contact me(god knows how they knew what server i was on in GW2 hehe) but it was enough to go back.

Ive realy realy tried for 3 months to like AC2 again but to much has change over years community is not even a fraction of what it was back in 2003 and game is dumb down alot also.
    I made it to lvl74 and quit i just want Darktide back white server is not for me.

Untill they bringback Darktide and make it FREE 2 PLAY im game again other wise NEVER again. I still also have a bad feeling from 2005 and turbine is a terible developer/publisher.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Beside F2P, as they've said they have no plans for that, what would get you into AC2?

I remember hearing lots of people over the years say how they missed it and would play it so much if it was back, but I don't see those people. So I'm curious as to what would get people into it?

I will also mention that they've said they've increased a lot of the quest XPs in the upcoming patch which should help with the grind (they also boosted some with the last patch).

It's a fun pve game and still has that grinding element that makes the old game so much more realistic and world immersive than present day theme park mmo video games (no RPG there).  Once I got to 51..I was sleepy.

But without Kingdom vs Kingdom (KvK)...it just seems dry.  Humans add an element of unpredictability that goes beyond the typical mob spawn.  Add castles/fortresses and resource capture points - and yes - I'd come back.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

F2P or a very nice trial offer to let me try a large chunk of the game is the only thing at this point. A brand new game that promises a new experience is something I'll pay for. A re-envisioning of a game I followed 5+ years ago is not going to get me to put money up front for it.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Damn little. I played AC2 at launch... Through all of the "issues" Mickysoft and Turbine had with the game. I also purchased the expansion, then watched as Turbine closed the game down.  There are many other options now.  Options I consider better.  RIP AC2.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    I find the unique elements of AC1 to be far more interesting than what they tried to do with AC2.