Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Season 2 Production Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The second season of the Syfy television series, Defiance, has started in Toronto, Ontario. The series and the Trion Worlds' game of the same name, are tied together in a transmedia mix that sees players in the television show and vice versa. Season 2 of Defiance will kick off in June of 2014.

As the story of Defiance resumes, the lives of the townspeople are in drastic turmoil.  The Earth Republic has assumed control of the town, with far-reaching consequences including a new mayor.  Nolan traverses the badlands to find a lost Irisa, Amanda has an unexpected new role in the town as she searches for Kenya and the Tarr family desperately tries to keep control of their criminal empire in the midst of dramatic changes.  

Find out more about both the game and the TV show on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Hot Damn!!!!
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

"The series and the Trion Worlds' game of the same name, are tied together"..

In name only.

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Play for free? Atleast thats what the picture says. They are flipping their subscription??

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Montaronx
    Play for free? Atleast thats what the picture says. They are flipping their subscription??

wouldnt surprise me, the price of the game itself has crashed to bargain basement levels, and as with most games that don't become successful enough, they go f2p to try and draw in more players. Doesnt help that the TV program itself wasnt really all that good either tbh. Maybe season 2 they can pull things together a bit? image

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Wouldn't surprise me either...

BTW the TV series was so bad that even I that watch anything remotely sci-fi related , gave up on it.

• kingtofukingtofu Member UncommonPosts: 98
    you buy the game for like $9.99 then play free
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Well I can't wait last season left it in such a cliff hanger me and my wife got mad and where talking about what could happen for 2 weeks after. The games still great to me and I cant wait till the sieges get here.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155

One of the most boring series ever.  And the game? One huge map which looks exactly same. There is no place where you can be like "OMG, this is beautiful area and that amazing ingame music". Its not strange they are low on players, we aren't childish retards. Will never understand how people with such skills in game development, can do so bad/boring games.

That talks on the beginning, about how it would be bound together. Pure bullshit. I thought, looking for artefacts would be thrilling and exploring adventure, but is just one huge zerg. 30 players going to one place on map which looks still same, killing spawning NPC and then looting some poor shits.

Common game developer, start do a real game for adult people, who have time and money to spend. Stop releasing that long line of trash!!!

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Originally posted by kingtofu
    you buy the game for like $9.99 then play free

Actually, as I already had a Trion account from Rift (and for whatever reason), I bought the game through my Trion account and the standard was only $7.49 for me.... at that price I couldn't resist... even though I suck at shooters :-(

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    yay.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

BTW the TV series was so bad that even I that watch anything remotely sci-fi related , gave up on it.

There has never been a subscription for Defiance, geniuses.  =)

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

There is no subscription, and never has been. The game has always been B2P.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Defiance turned into GW2 for consoles. Everyone i know who got it loved it for a week or two then moved on.
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    The show is awesome, but I could not get over the way the 4 wheelers moved in the game and they still have not fixed them to this day.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• sam_fox90sam_fox90 Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Lobotomist

don't like defiance ? ok don't play it and don't watch it and

do us all a favour. get out of this thread :)