Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] - Seeing pants on the Mage character is a deal breaker...

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    6/10 
  • DaakenDaaken Member Posts: 158

Posting in epic thread.  Thank you OP, thank you very much for your time.  I am truly enlightened because of this thread.

No Pants on casters or GTFO.

Random Forum Poster: I want an MMO that is different, original and fun.

Me: So you want something like EQN

Them: Nah dude, I want a Holy Trinity, Tab Target combat, Instanced Raiding, and Rigid classes.

Me: Double Facepalm.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Not sure if I should point and laugh at some of those responding or just look away and sigh. The Joker has something to say to all of you...
  • kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

Its late for me - I must go to bed.  I will continue finding out tommore where they went wrong in deciding to put pants on casters.

I will tweet Dave Georgeson until he gives us the answers!

Freakin pants.  On a Caster.  /arggg

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Casters in dresses or the game sucks.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Question is why should my male wizard wear only dress err robe? Pants are fine.
  • madmikethegmmadmikethegm Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by TheCrow2k
    LOL. "Correct Lore" is actually casters wear cloth (which is where the term "Clothies" comes from) it doesn't necessarily have to be a robe, intact battle mages generally don't wear robes traditionally.

^-- This.

As someone who's played RPGs for more decades than I care to think about right now (I started in early 1st edition D&D of all things) It all varies from game world to game world. Some game worlds even allow magic users to wear plate armor.

Using Star Wars Jedi for a "no pants" rant is also pretty silly in itself since nearly all the Jedi that I've seen both in artwork, comics, films, TV, etc etc have all worn a pants and robe combination.

MMORPGs used to be about exploring worlds, overcoming obstacles with a group of friends, getting to know the person you're grouped with, and role playing out your adventures with someone of a like mind. These days it's all about button mashing action style fighting, quick instance DPS fests for the "epic loot", empty cliche "you're the Chosen One" story lines, massive shoulder pads and over sized weapons, and a "to hell with the community unless they can help me get to end game" mentality.

I have many pet peeves about the state of MMORPGs, but pants wearing magic users are not one of them.

• ace80kace80k Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Superficial much OP? This post is like saying: "I  won't play the game because I don't like *insert race's* starting area". Who cares..get over it.
  • ViewDooViewDoo Member Posts: 268

You're right the pants on that anime/Disney hybrid  sure are stupid looking. 

*edit This whole topic is dumb, which is fine, but also unfunny which isn't. Try harder OP.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Hell, in protest I suggest we all go pantless in whatever MMO we are currently playing. We have to spread the word, create a world of awareness. Most people don't even know this problem exists!

*takes off his pants*

I am not putting them back on until the casters in EQN take theirs off!

Solidarity!

• DemalisDemalis Member Posts: 134
    Originally posted by madmikethegm
    Originally posted by TheCrow2k
    LOL. "Correct Lore" is actually casters wear cloth (which is where the term "Clothies" comes from) it doesn't necessarily have to be a robe, intact battle mages generally don't wear robes traditionally.

^-- This.

As someone who's played RPGs for more decades than I care to think about right now (I started in early 1st edition D&D of all things) It all varies from game world to game world. Some game worlds even allow magic users to wear plate armor.

Using Star Wars Jedi for a "no pants" rant is also pretty silly in itself since nearly all the Jedi that I've seen both in artwork, comics, films, TV, etc etc have all worn a pants and robe combination.

MMORPGs used to be about exploring worlds, overcoming obstacles with a group of friends, getting to know the person you're grouped with, and role playing out your adventures with someone of a like mind. These days it's all about button mashing action style fighting, quick instance DPS fests for the "epic loot", empty cliche "you're the Chosen One" story lines, massive shoulder pads and over sized weapons, and a "to hell with the community unless they can help me get to end game" mentality.

I have many pet peeves about the state of MMORPGs, but pants wearing magic users are not one of them.

I am hoping this is satirical in nature, trying to illustrate so many different things in his post. There is depth to it, and what is amusing to me is I can't really identify what he is going on about there are to many possibilities. Diversity used to be key to overcoming obstacles, but somehow nowadays less is more. I really should've got into sales/marketing, it's really a win win profession.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Dumbest "deal breaker" ever.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    LOL, I can't believe some people are taking this thread seriously image
  • FionnFionn Member Posts: 68
    The thread is pointless due to the fact Georgeson said you can wear whatever you want within your class.  He said if you want your toon to wear a chain-mail bikini you could wear that.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

They are even getting rid of the wizard clothing trinity!  Wizard hat, robe and flip flops!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by krulux
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Is this OP serious?

Of course I'm serious.  I. Can. Not. Stand. Pants. On. A. Caster!!!

haha. I am the total opposite. I hate skirts or robes. You have no idea to what length I went in MMOs to have my mages get rid of skirts and robes and have some decend pants. ^^

But I say each to his. I hope they offer robes for you alternatively. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I realize this is probably satire.. But despite that i actually completely agree.

Casters with pants look ridiculous, if your top looks like It's going to be a robe, be a freaking robe.

Don't give me genital drapes and pants.

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Buccaneer

Classic example of hook, line, and sinker, isn't it? image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Originally posted by Ticklepink

Fixed that for you..It's our Holy Trinity..Tank, Healer and Mage..I know, I know..our tank has a gun but hey..SOE is "innovative"

I'm pretty sure this game would beat WoW since it has....Huge tracks of land.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Im all in for camel toes and moose knuckles yo. Skirts are for shy and undeveloped !
  • Moon-DaddyMoon-Daddy Member UncommonPosts: 101

Pretty sure they said during a SOE live at 12:41mins " If you want a chainmail bikini, you can wear it".

They talked about customised clothing, im sure you can wear a skirt/ robe whatever, I for one as a male caster would rather dress dapper with pants then run around in a skirt worrying if i may flash anyone when I jump.

Making so much noise you dont know when to listen.

• Fish_TacosFish_Tacos Member UncommonPosts: 45

This is one of the best (perhaps the best) OPs I've ever seen (amusing, creative, neurotic, etc.). Well done!

As to the topic of the post (whether serious or not), I like options. Therefore, I think it's okay for casters to wear pants. In fact, I don't even like classes. I like skill based systems, so I think a character should wear whatever and skills can be affected accordingly (or not) depending on the game's mechanics.

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Buccaneer

It's a nice break from all the 'DOOOM AND GLOOOOM' threads, that's for sure image

• kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

Good morning mmorpg and EQN speculators!

Just reviewing the polling numbers and I have to say I'm shocked at how many of you don't care about this huge issue.  I've made a couple of tweets to Dave Georgeson, but I guess he sleeps late and has not responded to my issue yet.

I'm studying trending topic in MMO's as a side project piece and I'm going to include a section on the whole debacle of pants on a caster.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by krulux
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Is this OP serious?

Of course I'm serious.  I. Can. Not. Stand. Pants. On. A. Caster!!!

I here you brother! I can't stand pants in real life either!  

I am Spookydom. And I see a whole army of my fellow posters,
    here in defiance of pants! You have come to fight as free men. And
    free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?"
    "Two thousand pants against ten robes?" - You say? "No! We will
    run - and live!" You say?
    Yes!  Fight and you may die. Run and you
    will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
    would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
    one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
    our enemies that they may take our robes, but they will never take
    our FREEEEDOM!"