Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The grind from 30 to 60 is a bit much.

BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

I like almost everything about this game but the insane amount of xp needed to gain levels after 30 is getting to me.

I want to keep playing and love the game but unless I have rested xp it seems almost pointless to log in b/c of the miniscule amount of xp earned per hours played.

I get that they're trying to sell xp pots in the store but it is a bit extreme.

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Well... to be blunt... dungeon crawlers are usually about the journey, not about reaching the end. If the journey is feeling boring and tedious... there might be something wrong with the game itself.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Well... to be blunt... dungeon crawlers are usually about the journey, not about reaching the end. If the journey is feeling boring and tedious... there might be something wrong with the game itself.

I have to disagree. In the dungeon crawlers I have played you end up repeating the journey a few times before hitting the end. Mainly about lootz IMO.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by immodium

I have to disagree. In the dungeon crawlers I have played you end up repeating the journey a few times before hitting the end. Mainly about lootz IMO.

Yeh.

Plus, you cannot experiment with builds effectively until you hit max level, and that is part of the fun.

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159

You might need to find someone you find fun? I thought I'd enjoy hulk because he is my favorite, turns out he is weak and in turn boring. (dying all the time is not fun)

Played wolverine but after this last patch he has become boring because of the changes they did to him. (he requires less tech and more luck imho)

Bought human torch out on a whim and BAM he is freaking fun. Got him to lvl 44 so far and loving it. I burn it all... all to the ground >.>

Not really.

Dungeon crawlers (like Diablo) is about end-game loot farming, and other end-game type progression (which i hope MH put in paragon levels).

The issue is build experimentations. That is usually a lot of fun, and also where you truly optimize your heroes. But you cannot do that until you have all the skills (and skill points), which happens at max level.

Look at Diablo 3 .. players are spending MUCH more time post max level, then pre-max level. There is still paragon, and item progression to do after max level.

Originally posted by darkhearts

Bought human torch out on a whim and BAM he is freaking fun. Got him to lvl 44 so far and loving it. I burn it all... all to the ground >.>

Or may be play several alts for variety. Each hero does not have that many skills, so it can be a bit boring if nothing seems to change after a few levels (unlike Diablo 3, where it is much easier to switch build, or gain a new different ability).

While MH does not have the skill variety of D3 per class, it has MANY more "classes". Each hero is a different class. So the solution is to play different heroes.

i did "finish" the game once for DD, just to see all the stories and levels. Now i am going to play alts and switch them around for variety.