Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-Subbing after 10 Years :D

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
I'm so sick of todays games that I have decided to re-sub to The Realm Online. Time for a little nostalgia and relaxation. Can't wait to get in and explore the new content and meet some of the old farts who have stuck around through all this time.

Comments

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    I'm so sick of todays games that I have decided to re-sub to The Realm Online. Time for a little nostalgia and relaxation. Can't wait to get in and explore the new content and meet some of the old farts who have stuck around through all this time.

My 1st online RPG!

Wonder if they still have glowies and 5 banged wraths  :)

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    lol I've been debating about re-joining as well. We will see if I do.. every few years I do for a month before cancelling again lol.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Originally posted by wesjr
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

My 1st online RPG!

Mine too. I played the free Trial a few months ago, but then I got into GW2. Now that I only play GW2 for PvP I need a PvE MMO  and it is just that time to get back into it.

1000 Levels, bunch of new dungeons and a world that is about 10 times the size of back when I played. I just couldn't help myself. I gotta try it out.

Edit: Well good news is somebody is still updating it. I'm downloading patches again and its only been a few months since last time I did it.

I played back in 1998 when sierra online owned it.

/feeling old!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Wow that is brave.

I have tons and tons of old games i will never look at ever again but i do have some i still play from time to time.

I don't think i go back for any nostalgic reasons,only because a game is fun for me to play.

When graphics become too dated,i can't handle it anymore.Example UO and EQ1 and SWG,no way could i play those ever again.SWG was really bad .Realm is just too dated,to bother with,you can get better gaming and look better by staying present day.

I think the real truth is the nostalgic part and for many ,they miss their old friends,that is true in real life as well.The first friends you made in online games, i think carry more weight than the actual games do.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Wow that is brave.

I have tons and tons of old games i will never look at ever again but i do have some i still play from time to time.

I don't think i go back for any nostalgic reasons,only because a game is fun for me to play.

When graphics become too dated,i can't handle it anymore.Example UO and EQ1 and SWG,no way could i play those ever again.SWG was really bad .Realm is just too dated,to bother with,you can get better gaming and look better by staying present day.

I think the real truth is the nostalgic part and for many ,they miss their old friends,that is true in real life as well.The first friends you made in online games, i think carry more weight than the actual games do.

Call me old school, but I have just always been a fan of 2D games and turned based combat. I'm just tired of these 3D games it feels like if you have played one you have played them all. So honestly, I think its the 2D gameplay and the turn based combat thats drawing me back into it.

Its the same reason I go back and play Fallout 1 and 2 over and over and over again every few years.

here is a video if anyone wants to know what it is about.

Thanks for the video. Already had a lot of fun my first day back. The turned based combat is such a relief and the hunt for no good reason just for fun and to find treasures is so much better in this game than any other.

So far so good. Lots of helpful players and many new players "Old players returning" from what I see. There was actually 100 people online last night.

Glad you are enjoying it, wish I could have my originaly toon back, but I am sure with the game changing hands he is long gone.

Just playing these past few days has me realizing this game has some serious sandbox features. It has:

1. Player Housing w/ decorative items earned through events.

2. Open world loot PvP (Optional turned on or off)

3. 1000 Levels (Pretty good grind from 750 to 1000)

4. Great Community

5. No loading screens, just full open world to explore. (Screen to screen that is its 2D)

6. VERY CHALLENGING group content at high and low levels.

7. Thieves can be invisible and pickpocket you if you are not immoliated. (To burn their fingers)

8. Tough gear grind as the caves/dungeons are very very difficult content.

I'm just shocked after all these years about how much this game has to offer. I wish more people knew about it because at $6.99 a month it is a great investment. That's why I'm here talking about it to get some people  to try it out. It is a true MMORPG.

• DaeygonDaeygon Member UncommonPosts: 9
    My First Online game to!, Thinking of joining again. If it'll Run on Win 8 64 bit and not stuck on Win 98 LOL
    I'm back at it again. SOmething about this old game just makes you want to re-sub every so often.