Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date 2014 Now?

rap87rap87 Member Posts: 13
I noticed that on this site it still says 2013, which is exciting since EQ Next isn't anywhere on the horizon anytime soon and we don't have much else to try that's a different mold of MMO, but after doing some browsing I see they announced Spring 2014?  Is this the deal?  Damn?  

Comments

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Yep 100% not 2013. Maybe spring 2014, but maybe they need more time to convert the game into the console game for PS4 and Xbox go home.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• rap87rap87 Member Posts: 13
    Damn, so bored.  Stopped playing WoW after years, but definitely bored with no MMO to play...just done the Wow raiding grind for awhile.  There's nothing much out though.  Was hoping for EQ Next or perhaps trying this out soon.  Grr !
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Originally posted by morbuskabis

Yep 100% not 2013. Maybe spring 2014, but maybe they need more time to convert the game into the console game for PS4 and Xbox go home.

(nods head in agreement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

not a surprise i would say for agame that promissdd arelease date that early in development..

and dont be fooled its for porting the game to the new consoles only, theyjuzt require more time.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

not a surprise i would say for agame that promissdd arelease date that early in development..

and dont be fooled its for porting the game to the new consoles only, theyjuzt require more time.

This. Porting to the nextgen consoles is now trivial since they both have almost identical specs and are current low to mid-end AMD-based mini PCs.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Iselin

This. Porting to the nextgen consoles is now trivial since they both have almost identical specs and are current low to mid-end AMD-based mini PCs.

I still don't understand if one can plug a keyboard and a mouse into any platform or a controller into any platform why not just have one server for all and have a setting that lets people choose which UI they want. Anyway, thats off topic lol, so yea, Sprint 2014 at the earliest.

There Is Always Hope!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by keithian

I still don't understand if one can plug a keyboard and a mouse into any platform or a controller into any platform why not just have one server for all and have a setting that lets people choose which UI they want. Anyway, thats off topic lol, so yea, Sprint 2014 at the earliest.

Probably because Microsoft and Sony dont allow this....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by keithian

Probably because Microsoft and Sony dont allow this....

Which is a real pisser on their part because they allowed it before, and I think it worked fairly well with the earlier Final Fantasy Online.  If they allowed multi-platform servers they would potentially need less servers down the road.

Not so nice guy!