Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Beta Sign-Ups Begin; EverQuest Worlds App Released

13»

Comments

• WhitetragedyWhitetragedy Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by ragz45
    Originally posted by DAOWAce

Can't sign up, just going to the Central Authentication Service like other people mentioned.

Looks like I missed out on Landmark too; damn TI3, sapping all my time.

Oh well, would rather play the final released version, less there's any beta rewards (even if it's just name reservation).

Sony has never done "beta rewards".  That's something less reputable company's do.

?? I'm pretty sure they gave beta rewards for Planetside 2 and Wizardry Online.

• QuillimQuillim Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by ragz45
    Originally posted by DAOWAce

Can't sign up, just going to the Central Authentication Service like other people mentioned.

Looks like I missed out on Landmark too; damn TI3, sapping all my time.

Oh well, would rather play the final released version, less there's any beta rewards (even if it's just name reservation).

Sony has never done "beta rewards".  That's something less reputable company's do.

SOE has certainly done Beta Rewards(for Expansions) with EQ. I would imagine that would carry into EQ Next. Usually it was a clickie of some sort that gave an illusion of a predominant character in that expansion.

• QuillimQuillim Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by itchmon

here's another orignal EQ player who is psyched beyond belief for this game, i cant wait til beta starts.

and by the way none of us were forced to deal with cartoony graphics in wow for a decade.  plenty of us played other games and others of us actually enjoyed wow's art.

personally the games i've played the most since eq1 are eve and LOTRO.

More people have played WoW, than nearly all other MMO's combined. This coming from an EQ1 player. It is what it is, and if we want to advance the genre, it has to appeal to more than just the guy who can spend 24/7 accumulating the best stuff. Its about delivering persistant interactive worlds that are fun to be a part of.

And its not the cartoony graphics i'm looking forward to. Its the fidelity of movement those graphics will provide in combination with the gameplay. I'd rather have NPC's that interact, as opposed to simply standing around looking good spewing text and/or playing audio files.