Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of EQN's cool new features

ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Voxel engine. Everything you see in EverQuest Next is created with tiny building blocks named ‘voxels,’ and can be destroyed and rebuilt.  Some areas will be subject to permanent destruction, while others will ‘heal’ themselves over time after devastating events.

SOE is partnering with Voxel Farm.com to bring this new medium of creation

Procedural generated world. Jump to another server, and a city may be where a field is supposed to be, or it might not exist at all.

Emergent AI. Orcs will dynamically choose where the best location to set up an encampment. NPC's will figure out your tactics and react.

Pets have good AI. No more dumb pets, they will think and react real time!

Seamless world. No instances, no zones. Some quests might be phased, but not final yet.

Rallying Calls (public quests) can take up to several months and change the world permanently, like building a city.

Everquest Landmark. Seperate servers where people compete to craft the best houses etc to be transfered to EQN.

Cool crowd control. An earth wizard can raise a stone wall.

40 classes, each one is advanced individually. There are tiers. A tier three warrior, in order to advance to tier four, has to collect a full suit of tier three armor. You have to have spent enough points in that class. You have to have accomplished a certain amount of things in the game in order to have advanced.

Cannot progress both a paladin and a shadow knight at the same time. Basically you have to do bad things to get friendly with the SK people so you can up the SK skills, but you have to do good things to get in nice with the paladin folks to get trained in paladin things.

Attributes: Giving yourself a point of strength means that maybe you jump higher, or really significantly cool things…and that’s one of the things you can progress and earn in the game.

Credit to Eqnexus.com for some of the quotes

Comments

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Arcona

Voxel engine. Everything you see in EverQuest Next is created with tiny building blocks named ‘voxels,’ and can be destroyed and rebuilt.  Some areas will be subject to permanent destruction, while others will ‘heal’ themselves over time after devastating events.

Procedural generated world. Jump to another server, and a city may be where a field is supposed to be, or it might not exist at all.

Emergent AI. Orcs will dynamically choose where the best location to set up an encampment. NPC's will figure out your tactics and react.

Pets have good AI. No more dumb pets, they will think and react real time!

Seamless world. No instances, no zones. Some quests might be phased, but not final yet.

Rallying Calls (public quests) can take up to several months and change the world permanently, like building a city.

Everquest Landmark. Seperate servers where people compete to craft the best houses etc to be transfered to EQN.

Cool crowd control. An earth wizard can raise a stone wall.

40 classes, each one is advanced individually. There are tiers. A tier three warrior, in order to advance to tier four, has to collect a full suit of tier three armor. You have to have spent enough points in that class. You have to have accomplished a certain amount of things in the game in order to have advanced.

Cannot progress both a paladin and a shadow knight at the same time. Basically you have to do bad things to get friendly with the SK people so you can up the SK skills, but you have to do good things to get in nice with the paladin folks to get trained in paladin things.

Attributes: Giving yourself a point of strength means that maybe you jump higher, or really significantly cool things…and that’s one of the things you can progress and earn in the game.

Credit to Eqnexus.com

This is really good news. When I think of a heroic ranger with his wolf pet I think of a Wolf who is smart and stalk its prey just like the hunter. Not something waiting for a ranger to press a button.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Just funny the posts that discuss the facts get burried while opinion posts with often wrong facts are at the top :)
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427
    Thanks for sharing the voxel farm link, I was wondering who they were getting the tech from :)

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Just funny the posts that discuss the facts get burried while opinion posts with often wrong facts are at the top :)

Exactly. It's hard to tell if people have even watched the panels or even the reveal itself by some of the "info" they have. I'm still playing catch up, but after every video I watch, I get the feeling most on this forum that are complaining have no idea what they are talking about beyond hating on the poor little lion and are just basing their opinions off of playing the telephone game.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

This all sounds so good... and guess what? I have heard it all before. EVERYTHING!

I'll believe it when I'll see it, not hear about it from PR.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Voxel engine. Everything you see in EverQuest Next is created with tiny building blocks named ‘voxels,’ and can be destroyed and rebuilt.  Some areas will be subject to permanent destruction, while others will ‘heal’ themselves over time after devastating events.  I'm not a fan of destruction.. as I see it, it's just another high intensity graphic that has to be drawn, thereby increasing the chances of lag (which we all can do without)

Procedural generated world. Jump to another server, and a city may be where a field is supposed to be, or it might not exist at all. (nothing new here.. SWG had separate world servers long long ago.. in a galazy far far away.. lol )

Emergent AI. Orcs will dynamically choose where the best location to set up an encampment. NPC's will figure out your tactics and react. (this could be a hit or miss, and will any of us truly know if it's working as intended?)

Pets have good AI. No more dumb pets, they will think and react real time! OH.. I'll believe it when I see it.. Cause a truly smart pet doesn't need to be TOLD what to do if I am being attacked.. right?

Seamless world. No instances, no zones. Some quests might be phased, but not final yet. Phasing is a cousin to instancing.. In fact I view phasing worse then instancing.. I really don't care if worlds are seamless or not.. The only difference technically is how zones are loaded..

Rallying Calls (public quests) can take up to several months and change the world permanently, like building a city. This has been a big thing I preached for freaking years and I do mean YEARS.. It's about damn time a dev woke up and smelled the coffee.. Shit, I preached this so often on various sites, as far as I'm concerned they probably got this idea off me and finally implimented it.. LOL

Everquest Landmark. Seperate servers where people compete to craft the best houses etc to be transfered to EQN.  Minecraft 2.0?

Cool crowd control. An earth wizard can raise a stone wall. Now this is interesting.. We are told that mobs will have a super smart AI.. right?  So a wizzy raising a 8 foot wide wall does what? A smart mob will just go around it, I know I would.. So either the mobs are stupid, or the wall was a waste of energy.. Plus you can't be shooting fireballs thru walls, and not have the mobs shoot back.. Unless the AI suffers from double standards..

40 classes, each one is advanced individually. There are tiers. A tier three warrior, in order to advance to tier four, has to collect a full suit of tier three armor. You have to have spent enough points in that class. You have to have accomplished a certain amount of things in the game in order to have advanced. Just another form of grinding.. I'll hold back judgement until I see the results or more details..

Cannot progress both a paladin and a shadow knight at the same time. Basically you have to do bad things to get friendly with the SK people so you can up the SK skills, but you have to do good things to get in nice with the paladin folks to get trained in paladin things. Just another grind that has double standards? From what I gather so far, people can train in pally being good, then turn around and go bad and become SK... BUT.. does this mean they get to keep their pally skills..... Technically they SHOULDN'T, but I haven't heard if that is the case or not..

Credit to Eqnexus.com for some of the quotes

EQN raised the bar in some areas, which will remain unknown if they can actually reach.. and other areas were cut back for convenient sake.. When it comes to playing a PvE class type game, I"m not a fan of homogenized nerfing of classes for balance sake, and I do feel they did that here with EQN.. It doesn't remotely look like EQ or EQN..

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

This all sounds so good... and guess what? I have heard it all before. EVERYTHING!

Yeah, we have only seen tech demos so far. Woder if they are even in alpha yet. The game was started development in 2009 but rebooted in 2011.

Once they have the voxel engine in place and people building stuff for the game in Everquest Landmark, the world will quickly take shape, though

• DaakenDaaken Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

Yeah, we have only seen tech demos so far. Woder if they are even in alpha yet. The game was started development in 2009 but rebooted in 2011.

Once they have the voxel engine in place and people building stuff for the game in Everquest Landmark, the world will quickly take shape, though

March 2015 is my pick of a date the yare shooting for.  If it comes sooner I wouldn't mind, but from the looks of things a lot of ideals haven't been implemented yet.

Random Forum Poster: I want an MMO that is different, original and fun.

Me: So you want something like EQN

Them: Nah dude, I want a Holy Trinity, Tab Target combat, Instanced Raiding, and Rigid classes.

Me: Double Facepalm.