Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] EverQuest Next: The Future of the MMORPG Lies in Norrath

Comments

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Ok my hype is now off the charts, wowwwwwwwwwww

• Sp00shSp00sh Member Posts: 48
    I am intrigued!  Keep up the good work!
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Im a huge fan of all eq !!!!  But the characters look alot like wow...The tiger and armor... That part im not to happy about.
  • TabmoweTabmowe Member UncommonPosts: 36

So they copied the class system from FFXIV?

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Iceman8235
    They didn't seem to talk about anything that made EQ popular other than exploration.  Camping for hours waiting for a named to pop.  Forming a group and fighting deep into a dungeon for a prime grind spot.  How can you do a LFM for orc highway if the orcs are constantly moving?  It's going to be hard to create memories when the world and things in it change all the time.  Imagine if every time you went to the supermarket for groceries all the aisles were different and everything was changed around, does that sound enjoyable?

- camping for hours

- grind

- stagnant world

You and I have VERY different opinions about what made EQ popular.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

Am I the only one worried that after a couple weeks in game it will just be a big crater ? Everything destroyable, holes appearing in the ground...

So how will that work ? Will the ground eventually come back up ?

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    Originally posted by Azoth

Am I the only one worried that after a couple weeks in game it will just be a big crater ? Everything destroyable, holes appearing in the ground...

So how will that work ? Will the ground eventually come back up ?

They have mentioned that the world will regenerate. Someone on twitter said that destroyed areas heal back after 5 minutes but that timer might be subject to change

But yeah, the world might get destroyed a bit by players but only for a short while. Otherwise the game world would be reduced to nothing but ruins after a few days

• LoadedWeaponLoadedWeapon Member UncommonPosts: 2
    It's still the same old WoW cartoon style that we have played for years now and are sick of... Really dissapointed in this. And on top of it all as if people in WoW dident jump around enough like retards now they can double jump like a bunch of idiots.. Should make PVP even more lame! 
  • BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127

Flaws..

(1) Players making buildings for them, because they weren't innovative enough to do it themselves.

(2) Player driven economy with RL bucks is going to kill all the things this game actually has going for it.

Going for it:

(1) If done right, the events to lead into a permanent part of history.

(2) All the layers of of the landscape.

(3) I thought the facial animation was pretty cool.

(4) The crafting might actually be extremely fun!

Bringing real money into the game though.. poor choice. May as well call it Second Life 2.  :)

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Of all the features I can think of that I would want in my mmo, destructability is probably down towards the bottom.  I can't even imagine the mess and chaos this type of system is going to bring......  And I like the idea of exploring, but do we really need to blow a hole in the ground to find a secret passage?
  • QuillimQuillim Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Ramzeppelin

When you think about the negativity you see in the above comments where do you think that is coming from?

Depression on the part of the posters. The medical type.

Doesn't matter if its graphics, politics, or whatever. They pick something to gripe about(either side of an argument, doesn't matter), and let loose.. even if they have very little information about said subject. A lot of posters would be well suited to get some meds, or remember to take them.

So ya.. the flavor du jour this week is EQ Next Graphics... GO.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I really enjoy the direction they are taking from a gameplay perspective.

The graphics kinda remind me a bit of claymation, which is kinda cool, but at the same time a bit of a letdown because when I think EverQuest I certainly don't want to think "James and the Giant Peach".

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• GeophageGeophage Member Posts: 4
    WURM Online will probably sue SOE over copyright infringement.
  • JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Well, Well , well as my former gaming host makes their  third trip there....We will see.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I find all the hype around this game amusing. All the stuff in this game has been tried or done before. You could destroy everything in Auto Assault so that's nothing new. And whats really funny is before this game everyone on this board trashed SOE all the time. Now you all believe they will deliver on this game.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

This is what we've been waiting for with hype through the roof? Some kind of silly Diablo 3/Guild wars 2 cross-contamination?

/sigh

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107
    When did SOE get the Disney license? This is kiddie crap.
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

It looks like fun. I can't wait.

I am curious about crafting....

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• ZDPhoenixZDPhoenix Member UncommonPosts: 218

I was originally bummed that the graphics are the typical "over the top" style; but EVERYTHING else from the Panels and EQN Showcase have sold me on the game. I'm sure after enough footage of gameplay, I'll like the graphics as well.

I've watched all the vids on Curse and EQNexus now and I'm really surprised at the aggressive stance SOE has taken on wanting to take a new direction with the genre they helped build. Surprised... and excited.

Unless there's some serious backtracking, or they toss out these great new concepts and try to make an EverQuest 3 instead of what they've presented; I see myself playing EQN.

I've read a few older gamers like myself post about how SOE had their share of years on the foul side of gamers, especially after SWG's NGE. But it's time to take note that they're really trying to bring something unique to the table.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by Scot
    Originally posted by QuickShatter

Graphics? you guys are whining about Graphics? when did, how SUPER life like a game looks take priority over how good a gameplays?

Also you guys have to realise that, the art style they chose maybe easyer for lower end computers to play. They aren't just making the game for you guys who have invested a shit ton of money into gaming rig.

Gameplay > Graphics : Seriously graphics? go back to the console games then, they are always pretty.

Have you been living on an alternate Earth since the millennium? Graphics has become king, gameplay is secondary and has been for years. It is a sad fact but if your game does not get at least 7.5 for graphics it is likely doomed. I am not saying there are not exceptions, Minecraft springs to mind. But they are exceptions for a reason.

Have to disagree with you here the graphics are perfectly fine.  Who wants a game that lags at every other step because it is loading those beautiful graphics off of storage?????  Few have 16gb with a large solid state disk.  SOE is making this game so that the vast majority of people can play it.  No developer in their right mind makes a game for high level gaming rigs.

Graphics are not high on anyone's priority list except for a few whiners as long as they are decent and these are decent. 

They're making it so it runs on a PS4. Hence, why they are sacrificing detail and going with cartoon.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Pipofix
    so looking forward to gank the shit out of carebears and such in this game, nothing better then to spend an evening ganking rpers.

So looking forward to ganking gankers and forming a player killer killer rp guild to kill gankers and doing it all while in character! *winks*

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299
    LOL!!!!! This was best of show for E3..........This was th3 biggest sandbox ever?

This game is Gw2 combat meets minecraft with cartoony graphics. Im not going to say its terrible. But its just not that aweeome.

The explorer in me loves some of the concepts and I might have could looked past the graphics, if they had kept the trinity. Its not even so much the trinity as the fact I know they cant keep everything from turning into a massive zerg just like in GW2. Unless the balanced it very well and made it into a small group hub based mmo with zones and instanced. Then maybe they could stop the zergs, but the tradeoff would be losing seamless world.

Whatever. Could have been good. But they just had to take it a step to far. For what? The sake of being innovative for its own sake?

Guess ill wait for XIV for my theme park and PFO for my sandbox.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Well, so long anybody with a low or average computer/graphics card...

Sorry you where interested in the game before you saw what it was going to look like and use for fights.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I guess I could search and find this out myself but out of laziness... lol... When is this game's release date?