So basically their version of roundtable is stupid fluff polls with controlled speech by the moderators. I though they wanted our input to make this game better. Things like these topics that are springing up all over the place. Why can't we have polls on stuff that matters?
An example from Reddit.
- destructibility - though i'm concerned they're taking it too far with me burrowing holes in the ground to get to other tiers.. sounds silly and unrealistic.
- crafting - comparisons to SWG and making crafting usable again sounds nice
- new engine - looks pretty good
- AI - i'm skeptical that their AI will be anywhere near as good as they describe but for now anything better then mobs being systematically distributed in a large zone where i try to weave my way between them is a good thing.
- sandbox - crowd sourcing content to the extent that they seem to be with peer review is nothing but good
- disney characters - though i can live with them if i can make something suitably evil looking
- 8 action abilities (4 class, 4 equipment).. i am having a very hard time seeing this as positive in any light
- no trinity action oriented combat.. someone else summarized my feelings best when they said we now have an 8 button kiddie console game. that's what they are showing us. i think they have some damage control to do on this front.
- silly amounts of particle affects
- classless systems - sounds nice conceptually however have by in large not been a good thing
I also believe the parkour system could be amazing if they took it a step further. Go from automated jumping over stuff whats the point of it being there if ur character can numlock over all the terrain.? Give a travel skill bar that has some sweet moves players can execute themselves and encorporate it into the dungeons and raid zones. How cool would it be to be able to jump off rocks and do a flip to next rock, or jump onto something and swing up to another object. Great idea with the parkour bad execution. And the problem is they are asking if people like dwarf beards. Thats the kind of subject that DOES NOT MATTER and won't help you gain revenue as a company.
Help me push for a free open forum to mold the games of our dreams with REAL player input.