Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Beta Sign-Ups Begin; EverQuest Worlds App Released

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Vannor

The app is a dirty little thing. Forces you to use Facebook with it.

I like my MMOS but I don't want everyone I know being updated it all the time.

This is why I created a twitter and facebook account strictly for gaming. It may FORCE you to use those silly social media sites, but it doesn't force you to use them under a real name...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• MGPetersonMGPeterson Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by krondin

Personally, I am let down by SOE.  Think I'll wait till after this one releases and try it then, maybe. Thats if i am not already spending 100% of my time playing something else long before this releases. 

SOE had said that on aug 2 they would release all the info on EQN Including beta times and promised the game would be playable by all before the end of this year. Cough Cough BS Cough, excuse me , i had a cough while trying to say SOE is again, BS!

SOE did not lie.  The game is "playable," it is just not ready to be released, meaning it is still unfinished, but EQ Next Landmarks is available this winter and it gives us all a chance to explore the new Norrath and help build it with structures. 

So in a sense your are playing EQ Next, just not on the level you speculated for yourself.  SOE did not lie, you just told yourself what you wanted to hear.

• reichtreicht Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Stellus

Extremely disappointed in the Saturday morning cartoon styled art. Original Everquest players have grown up now, they don't want to stare at he same cartooney graphics they've been forced to stare at for ten years in WoW. For something touted as new and refreshing, they really came up short in the art department.

Original EQ player here and SUPER PSYCHED for this game!!! 

A.  Don't pretend you talk for a community, you talk only for yourself ever.

B.  EverQuest featured stylized art and graphics as a way of circumventing the technological limitations of the time.

C. EverQuest 2's BEST part are the high-fantasy stylized bits, in this usage best means most popular, most profitable, and for me personally the most impressive.

D. The stylized graphics allow for a higher amount of action on screen and less stuttering, filtering, and other forms of frame-rate retention under stressful circumstances. 

If you refuse to enjoy an entirely new type of MMO because you can't personally cope with an art style other than your preferred one then that is really your loss and it sucks for you.  I have friends who refuse to watch animated shows because they're "For kids", which sadly means they are missing out on some of the better adult programming being produced right now...  Art direction is a lot more than being "Grown up" or "Copying WoW", and considering that WoW started off as a guild of Blizzard developers in EQ (Get hired at Blizzard and they tell you this Day 1 or 2) then WoW is derivative of the original EQ, and thus this WoW clone is an EQ ripoff, and you're being a child throwing a tantrum.

• MGPetersonMGPeterson Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    The graphics are a big turn off. Longtime MMO player. Long time game player. Never been into cartoon graphics.

They should have kept normal realistic medieval fantasy DnD style graphics. That's what alot of this initial MMO genre people come from.

Instead they have gone for cartoon fantasy graphics.

I'm afraid this hype was too good to be true.

Back to lotro and mordor.

Actually, I am not a big fan of cartoon graphics myself, however when they are done well, like in EQN or SWTOR, I do not mind so much.  That said, WoW has terrible cartoon graphics, and LoTRO, while more on the realistic side of stylization, has horrible combat animations. 

Now AoC has great realistic graphics, and great combat animations, but it has to in order to fit the entire gritty world of Conan.    However, EQN is a high fantasy world and over all, not set in a "dark and gritty" theme, so you would need graphics that are not only bright and vivid, but also more stylized to fit even the less common "darker" areas of the world.

Also, stylized graphics stand the test of time longer than realistic ones.  I know that in 7 years, EQN will still look great, but if it had went with realistic graphics, my perception of the game would be "these graphics are outdated."

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

to be honest i wasn't going to apply, but i got an email with a "since you've been a valued blah blah blah" click here to join up for beta.

clicked the link, and it asked for my station name and password.

then proceeded to tell me i lived in the UK (congrats for knowing that) and which website i'd like to go on... then it took me there (europe), without signing me in to anything and then asking for beta registration details like i was a new customer.

it gets worse... i put in my username, i'm told it's useable. (weird)

i put in my email address (it explains to me this is already in use - OH REALLY and wouldn't i prefer to play DC Universe or planetside 2 - no because their ****)

and refuses to go any further, did a 22 year old fresh from college devise this... it's pitiful... i'll stick to the other beta's on the go... at least they know how to treat the customer.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9955/p8zq.jpg

just in case you think i'm pulling your leg (and you can see me logged in at the top which makes it even more funny)

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Signed up............................

Pick Me

Pick Me

Pick Me

• madmickmadmick Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Held an SOE account for nearly 15 yrs. Im damned if i will now use the pro7 account.  There was uproar in when they did the same for PS2. I personally like all my SOE games under my SOE account..
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    The graphics they chose it a let down to me as well, we already have plenty of this style of graphics in the mmos we have today.

Sorry Smedley, but apparently it's time for you to leave SOE and give some other person the reigns and just retire, you apparently are still fascinated by WoW ever since you destroyed SWG. Now it's EQ turn.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by krondin

Personally, I am let down by SOE.  Think I'll wait till after this one releases and try it then, maybe. Thats if i am not already spending 100% of my time playing something else long before this releases. 

SOE had said that on aug 2 they would release all the info on EQN Including beta times and promised the game would be playable by all before the end of this year. Cough Cough BS Cough, excuse me , i had a cough while trying to say SOE is again, BS!

could you link the statement about being playable by the end of the year? some folks are currently debating the questions surrounding EQN beta and actual releaase and i wanted to add this to our discussion. thanks.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    The EU-version is still not activated. It's blank since the presentation.

• Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Anyone who is an existing member of PSS.1 able to sign up?

All I get is a register screen and if I enter my existing username it tells me I am registered already and to log in, but it provides no method of logging in and any beta links take me only to the register new account screen.

I can go to the EU DCUO page and log in successfully to my PSS.1 account just fine.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Reizla

Originally posted by thyraven

Originally posted by raapnaap
    EU players can't seem to sign up yet, the website redirects to an account creation page on both the NA and EU website.

Worked fine for me on the EU site

Originally posted by thyraven
    From the EU site

You successfully verified yourself

Congratulations! You successfully verified yourself and have now finished registering for EverQuest Next. You can look forward to exclusive information, up to the minute updates and unique news about EverQuest Next.

As soon as the game is available, you will be notified. Perhaps you will find these games interesting until your adventure in EverQuest Next starts:

Congrats on registering on the other worse EU publisher we have (Pro-Seben). I'm not gonna play on their servers at all. It's either playing on the SOE servers (I do have an active Station Pass and all my SOE games still run on SOE servers) or no EQNext at all.

You are only signing up for beta, if you like the game play on the US servers. Though what makes Pro-SaibanSat.1 and terrible company?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Tenaka30

All I get is a register screen and if I enter my existing username it tells me I am registered already and to log in, but it provides no method of logging in and any beta links take me only to the register new account screen.

I can go to the EU DCUO page and log in successfully to my PSS.1 account just fine.

You don't have to sign up if you already have an account you are automatically included in the beta draw.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    Originally posted by Tenaka30

You don't have to sign up if you already have an account you are automatically included in the beta draw.

Couldn't simply thumbs up the post so here's a reply.

Thanks.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I finally managed to get through as EU player with my SOE account via a JustfreeVPN.

But now I am too late appearently, as I get the message they no longer accept new application, because the Beta is FULL!!!!!!!!

So much for being a loyal player for almost 10 years on EQ2! /FACEPALM

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    I tried to sign up for the beta but I keep getting "Registration Failed", and it asks me to log in again, despite me already being logged in.
  • ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Varking
    I tried to sign up for the beta but I keep getting "Registration Failed", and it asks me to log in again, despite me already being logged in.

Ditto.

• ProfFrnswrthProfFrnswrth Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker
    Originally posted by Varking

Ditto.

Its because beta sign ups are closed, EQ Landmark sign ups are closed and so are EQ Next

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Originally posted by Stellus

Extremely disappointed in the Saturday morning cartoon styled art. Original Everquest players have grown up now

Wait, what makes you think they are making this game for the original EQ players, which at this point in the genres history make up a vast minority of players. That would just be silly.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

So EU players have to make a new account and cannot use their current account to sign up : 

I had to use a VPN to be able to sign up to the US and fooling it to believe I'm in the US.

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Did they close down Signups?

It gives me an error.

EDIT: looks like it..nvm...

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

here's another orignal EQ player who is psyched beyond belief for this game, i cant wait til beta starts.

and by the way none of us were forced to deal with cartoony graphics in wow for a decade.  plenty of us played other games and others of us actually enjoyed wow's art.

personally the games i've played the most since eq1 are eve and LOTRO.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

Can't sign up, just going to the Central Authentication Service like other people mentioned.

Looks like I missed out on Landmark too; damn TI3, sapping all my time.

Oh well, would rather play the final released version, less there's any beta rewards (even if it's just name reservation).

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by DAOWAce

Can't sign up, just going to the Central Authentication Service like other people mentioned.

Looks like I missed out on Landmark too; damn TI3, sapping all my time.

Oh well, would rather play the final released version, less there's any beta rewards (even if it's just name reservation).

Sony has never done "beta rewards".  That's something less reputable company's do.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

Try to sign up with my existing account:  Central Authentication Service

Try to register a new account and sign up and the site throws an error.

Way to fail SoE, way to fail.