Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have they confirmed how many races there will be?

noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

I know they have confirmed Human, Kerran (ugh), Elf, Dark Elf, Dwarf and Ogre but have they confirmed any others?

I want to play my Ratonga, Gnome and Erudite.

Comments

• KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119

I think they should definitely include Ratonga and Froglok, simply because they are unique races to their franchise. We see Humans, Elves, and Dwarves in every fantasy-based game out there ... but Ratonga and Frogloks = EQ. (Well, Skaven are in Warhammer but I Ratonga are nothing like them visually or culturally). 

Plus, I think both Ratonga and Frogloks would fit in very well with the new graphic style they decided to go with. However, I wouldn't mind seeing new races in their place -- such as with the Kerran. 

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm hoping for trolls as well. No mention of those at this point though.
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Nope.. still in development.. I think they don't even know how many yet..  I holding out for a Halfling hobbit.. (singing) I like big feet, I can not lie.. lol
  • GoldmundGoldmund Member Posts: 8

Race selection is still yet to be determined.  The EQ Next round table forum currently has a poll for whether or not ratonga should be included.  You can vote on it here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/everquestnext/index.php?threads/should-the-ratonga-be-in-everquest-next.8/

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Theres a poll up on round table about ratonga. they will be in Im sure.

Frogloks are pretty iconic, Im sure they will make the cut

Halflings are one of the most adored (and joked about) race in EQ1, cant picture them not being in.

Erudites Im less certain about, but I hope they make it.  Racial variety is a very nice thing to have.

• Role_playerRole_player Member Posts: 33

I think KOBOLD race is inside somewhere but has to be unlock.

And the red dragon in the famous paint? Will it be unlockable...!? and playable?! ...

• Role_playerRole_player Member Posts: 33

I think KOBOLD race is inside somewhere but has to be unlock.

And the red dragon in the famous paint? Will it be unlockable...!? and playable?! ...

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by noncley

I know they have confirmed Human, Kerran (ugh), Elf, Dark Elf, Dwarf and Ogre but have they confirmed any others?

I want to play my Ratonga, Gnome and Erudite.

This will give you an idea of what to expect https://www.everquestnext.com/media I'm going Ogre until halflings or Gnomes turn up.

Bandit

Asbo

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I'm not a fan of having a game run by ZOO animals..  C'mon SOE.. Lets keep the races humanoid as much as possible.. Rat people are as much of EQ as Aviak and Gnolls.. They are mobs to be destroyed, not played.. In my humble opinion..  Races should of been similar to the ORIGINAL EQ ones..

1. Wood Elves
    2. High Elves
    3. Dark Elves
    4. Haflings
    5. Gnomes
    6. Dwarves
    7. Barbarians
    8. Human
    9. Half Elves
    10. Erudites
    11. Trolls
    12. Ogre
    That is a nice starting 12.. Do we really need to add non humanoid type animals.. Val Shir?  NO.. Karans? NO.. Frogs? NO.. The EQ2 did the unthinkable with adding in pretty looking Butterflies... ARGGGGGGGG.. OOF
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I think they are aiming to get all of the starting races we are familiar with in game at some point, at least.  DG said they want people to be able to play the character they want to play, etc. in that one video talking about races/classes and made it sound as if they were going for as many as possible.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Rydeson

I'm not a fan of having a game run by ZOO animals..  C'mon SOE.. Lets keep the races humanoid as much as possible.. Rat people are as much of EQ as Aviak and Gnolls.. They are mobs to be destroyed, not played.. In my humble opinion..  Races should of been similar to the ORIGINAL EQ ones..

1. Wood Elves
    2. High Elves
    3. Dark Elves
    4. Haflings
    5. Gnomes
    6. Dwarves
    7. Barbarians
    8. Human
    9. Half Elves
    10. Erudites
    11. Trolls
    12. Ogre
    That is a nice starting 12.. Do we really need to add non humanoid type animals.. Val Shir?  NO.. Karans? NO.. Frogs? NO.. The EQ2 did the unthinkable with adding in pretty looking Butterflies... ARGGGGGGGG.. OOF

Lol people like variety and especially if its real variety. Why do you think SWTOR players still want non humanoid species in the game? Because its unique. And if it fits the lore (All that matters to the devs) then why the hell shoulnt frogloks be in the game?

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

when all is said and done, I expect at least 15 race, it just makes role-playing that much better

want a big hulking warrior, Ogre

a quick dextrous thief, Ratonga

a clever conjurer, Froglok

a dark necromancer, Dark Elf

I always picked my race in EQ2 based on which class I felt fit its look and style the best, and I want those options in EQN

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    From the panels the 6 races announced is all they are willing to talk about because the final number is still being discussed and decided on.