Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is people loosing interest in Archeage?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The game itself is probably good to go. Trion is most likely working on the cash shop and all the stuff they want to do with it.

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    I have more interest in AA that in all EQN hype..at least i know what to expect an not..is going to be the savior
  • KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by hulgar
    I have more interest in AA that in all EQN hype..at least i know what to expect an not..is going to be the savior

Can I ask how you know what Archeage will be in the US considering that the Japanese version is so different compared to the korean?

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    I know where you can pve..where pvp..most of the things you can do..sieges and so on..and even knowing less than a half of that we still have more than a few sketches and promisses of devs with overinflatuaded egos.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by MoonBeans

i recall a few month ago, was one of the top games in hype.

Don't worry, when people realize EQN isn't going to be the hardcore sandbox mmo they thought it would be they will be all over Trion worlds and ArcheAge again.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by MoonBeans

i recall a few month ago, was one of the top games in hype.

Don't worry, when people realize EQN isn't going to be the hardcore sandbox mmo they thought it would be they will be all over Trion worlds and ArcheAge again.

>2013>hardcore sandbox

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I know crafting got a big nerf in Korea.A major turn off if implemented in the West.

I heard that sieges are scheduled !!!!!!!!!!!!!  A definite turnoff

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am still very interested in ArcheAge. The only problem is that Trion has the rights to the game. I so wish En Masse would have gotten this game. They really are a great company that doing a great job with a below average game which is TERA.
  • crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I think the sandbox crowd now had plenty of upcoming games to choose from. I was hyped for this, but I'd rather pick a western sandbox tbh, especially after AA announced cars and whatnot.
  • ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Archewho?

Duke Nukem Forever became a notable example of vaporware due to its severely protracted development schedule

I remember Teala preaching almost daily about the joys and wonders of AA Coming Real Soon Now No Really AA.

But that was before SWTOR opened.

Yeap.. to long development cycles.. and even more to early revealing a game will never be a favor for that game.

And any korean game up to now do have this problem. They are already released in Korea and revealed a good time before, and we usually have to wait another 1 or 2 years until it pops up in the west. At that time almost all interest is already gone, because the new kid on the blog, and because we have seen toooooo much already.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I'm getting bored of waiting for companies to figure out how to translate from one language to another.

Lol, I agree. That excuse from Trion is ticking me off.

Other than that, nope. I'm still interested. And I bet a good amount of the people who are writing it off for race cars or because the waiting is long will be downloading it too.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    For a brief moment, I thought EQN would save the genre, but ArcheAge looking really good again, plus it's releasing 2 years before EQN anyways, so that helps.  Or that was what Trion and XLGames were shooting for, in separate interviews awhile ago.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    All aboard the hype train. Next stop Black Desert
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506

IMO, If EQNext's reveal had been a list of ArcheAge features then people would be going gaga over it. Oh btw, these features are real, implemented, working, and live - not just some ideas and a sales pitch.

I feel fairly confident we get a NA version of the game later this year and the core mechanics are going to be the same as they are in Korea. 

It's silly to discount a game because of a steampunk themed car in a fantasy setting. Either you're knit-picking just because or you were never into the game to begin with and just trolling.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Karteli
    For a brief moment, I thought EQN would save the genre, but ArcheAge looking really good again, plus it's releasing 2 years before EQN anyways, so that helps.  Or that was what Trion and XLGames were shooting for, in separate interviews awhile ago.

I hoped that as well, but now it's clear that it won't be the game sandbox fans are looking for. 

Archeage is still promising, although strangely enough Trion won't be promoting the game at Gamescom (last year they had a huge booth for Defiance and RIFT).

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    It doesn't look as if it will be released this year. Plus some of the latest videos showing race cars and speedos didn't do it any favours. But the guy that presented EQnext said we should all be allowed to wear swimwear if we felt like it, so that's where the genre is heading. No more dungeons and dragons, welcome to Teen Elf High School Online, the musical!
  • WellusWellus Member Posts: 13
    well i am waiting for it, but i know that it will be good and there is no EU version, so whats the point of speaking about it? when it will come out everyone will talk again i guess
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    It's just taking forever for anything to happen with it here in the US.  I'm sure once it's really getting close to launch it will get more energy again - but to be honest I think more of the asian mmo's on the way are stealing it's thunder too like Black Desesrt
  • DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    I'm pretty sure Archeage just gained all the EQ vets at this point.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Margulis
    It's just taking forever for anything to happen with it here in the US.  I'm sure once it's really getting close to launch it will get more energy again - but to be honest I think more of the asian mmo's on the way are stealing it's thunder too like Black Desesrt

Well, Black Desert looks even better, but it's also further away. At worst I think Archeage should release within early 2014, and Black Desert won't be available here at least until 2015.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149

I'm really tired of asian games to update the western client the last. It sucks to see all new content you would love to see several months in advance in another area, especially when there is not enough content anymore. Do it like SE with ARR: Don't prefer region A to region B. Release all new updates at the same time, for everyone!

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    i think everyone who was really interested in the game tried it in korea - and well .. we got not too much positive to report ;)
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

MY interest has greatly diminished

Reasons:

-major crafting nerf

-scheduled keep fights

undid my interest

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by drakaena

IMO, If EQNext's reveal had been a list of ArcheAge features then people would be going gaga over it. Oh btw, these features are real, implemented, working, and live - not just some ideas and a sales pitch.

I feel fairly confident we get a NA version of the game later this year and the core mechanics are going to be the same as they are in Korea. 

It's silly to discount a game because of a steampunk themed car in a fantasy setting. Either you're knit-picking just because or you were never into the game to begin with and just trolling.

Yeap. One of the things i actually miss in EQN are boats. As much as we know up to now they don't even have oceans at the moment. To sailing a boat is most probably the most outstanding features of ArcheAge.. and all what comes with it.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Fusion

I guess starbucks, coca cola vending machines, hawai shirts/shorts and cars drove alot of people away :)

This.

Sorry but if swimsuits and cars are in the Western version, I am out....................