Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perhaps the character graphics is not set in stone...yet

zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361

Not a rage/shill thread. I was browsing the internet when I stumbled across a few Aion's screenshots of character creation.

Since SOE has not reveal concrete info about characters facial/body customisation, perhaps players can still hope to actually tweak the Disney/Dreamworks/whatever face. It is still early, after all.

So do you think it is possible for SOE to include customisation sliders as good as Aion?

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

I hope so, that last photo is the epitome of what I would try to achieve my character to look like.

Such beauty.

• xyagentguyxyagentguy Member Posts: 78

I actually think this is one thing that is NOT going away.  It seems even way back in 2010, the actual art direction was still very similar to what it is today.  I noticed a couple of the concept art drawings were actually recycled or only slightly refreshed from the old ones.  I think when they said they scrapped and started this game over twice, it was all gameplay and features.  I think the art direction and graphics have been pretty set.

I actually like it, though.  :P

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361
    Originally posted by DMKano

Wait til you see ArcheAges sliders and customization..... sick!

I think this is a character creation from ArcheAge

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

This is some outstanding wishful thinking right here.

If they were doing something like that they would have showcased it as a feature knowing that they could please everyone instead of create this controversy.

No, I think there is 0% chance they had plans for this. They 'might' do a Microsoft 180 if there is enough complaints about the models but what we saw is the intended art style and features for all characters.

Plus, the only reason Aion does it is to provide variety because there are only 2 races in the game.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by xyagentguy

I actually think this is one thing that is NOT going away.  It seems even way back in 2010, the actual art direction was still very similar to what it is today.  I noticed a couple of the concept art drawings were actually recycled or only slightly refreshed from the old ones.  I think when they said they scrapped and started this game over twice, it was all gameplay and features.  I think the art direction and graphics have been pretty set.

I actually like it, though.  :P

Let's hope SOE can make one more right decision.

A proper character customisation will appease a lot of EQ/EQ2 followers.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

You could be right about them not being set in stone.  As I recall the SWTOR models were nearly identical to the ones on the show "Clone Wars" on the cartoon network.  At some point someone said these character models really suck and they ended up toning them down a bit.  Not nearly enough in my opinion, but, they did adjust them some for a more mature audience.

~Hairysun

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    With all the negative feedback they have already seen all over the Internet, I'm sure they will change some.  We can only hope, and SOE char customization is usually pretty good so even if they don't modify the models, there should be a good bit of choices available.  I will say one thing though, if the Kerra don't change, I won't be playing one.  They are terrible IMO.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    As I've said repeatably I'm happy with the art style. That said character customization is a huge positive for me and I think they'd be foolish not to allow a large amount of it (atleast as far as MMOs go).
    Originally posted by Latronus
    With all the negative feedback they have already seen all over the Internet, I'm sure they will change some.  We can only hope, and SOE char customization is usually pretty good so even if they don't modify the models, there should be a good bit of choices available.  I will say one thing though, if the Kerra don't change, I won't be playing one.  They are terrible IMO.

Currently the feedback looks like 50/50. While no game can 100% please anyone, companies will always try to find ways to minimize the complaints. Character customisation is definately in, but as you had said, if SOE do not want to modify the basic model (unlike Aion where players can create freaks), it will have to be a very good one.