Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest Next Release Date

KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

With all the information released at SOE Live, one thing was missing, a Release Date. They said that later this year Landmark will be released and some of the top designs from Landmark will earn their creators the opportunity to be in Norrath on Launch Day. That said, I think we are looking late summer or possibly Christmas of 2014 at the earliest.

This is a little disappointing but I hope they don't rush to release it and have another Vanguard fiasco.

Take your time, do it right and give us the game we all want.

I expect Beta to start sometime in early 2014. Anything earlier would be a pleasant but not holding my breath.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
Battle Station 

Comments

• LaiquendiLaiquendi Member Posts: 73

Yea, same here.  I was thinking exactly what you just said. 

But, if they are releasing the Landmark late this year, that means its beta will be very very soon.   Has to be.

So, at least we will have something to chew on for the time it takes to get to play EQN, true?

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    This is the mmorpg market.  Now that they threw their punch to hype the game up it will be rushed.  Especially since it's F2P and won't have box sales at minimum to get a small rush of income from it quickly.
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Krimzin

With all the information released at SOE Live, one thing was missing, a Release Date. They said that later this year Landmark will be released and some of the top designs from Landmark will earn their creators the opportunity to be in Norrath on Launch Day. That said, I think we are looking late summer or possibly Christmas of 2014 at the earliest.

This is a little disappointing but I hope they don't rush to release it and have another Vanguard fiasco.

I expect Beta to start sometime in early 2014. Anything earlier would be a pleasant but not holding my breath.

It may be your wording but SOE didnt release Vanguard.  Just saying.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• wowclonezwowclonez Member Posts: 74

Probably will release Q1 2015 Beta will probably start Q2 2014. Just my guess based on what they showed and the info they have released.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I expect a Thanksgiving 2014 timeframe release and for the game to feel rushed once people play it.
  • ZaiDenTsuZaiDenTsu Member Posts: 11

DEVS wait to players make them game ..be happy in 2  months EQ Landmark will be available buahahah

waht a sad story with this game ...so much this name promise and so less it give for the moment. 

• NavinJohnsonNavinJohnson Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Krimzin

This ^.

I'll be happy to piddle around on Landmark until the game comes out, and I think it will be cool to see some of the player contributions there when the game is rolled out.

I also think it's smart for SOE to organize the roll-out in way that gets players involved Landmark and Studio right at the beginning of the process.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

We don't know anything about how long until official release.  I don't think they know either.

Probably depends on how this EQ Landmarks thing works out.  

It's one thing that has disappointed me.  Hearing all the things they aren't ready to talk about (Meaning they haven't made it yet or haven't even made up their minds yet) means they've got a good chunk of work to do yet.   Exactly how much, who knows, a lot of this is game mechanics that I guess in the end doesnj't really take that long to implement.

Will have the Landmarks game in a few months I guess which seems quite neat though, I think more people are going to like that than they think right now.   It sounds like a lot more than just an interface where you play advanced legos and that's it.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

If the game is as complex as they are making it sound, there is NO way that "Next" will be out before 2015.

If they are truly seeking this much player input/opinion, they won't be able to sort it out, and implement it that fast.

• LaiquendiLaiquendi Member Posts: 73

Its really funny that they are having a beta for a F2P game.   Why not just start the game with no cash store or anything that has to do with cash, and then once all the bugs are out, turn on the cash store.    Its so silly to call it a beta.  

I know, I know, they reset the game so everyones starting over again, but still, come on.

• tedgptedgp Member Posts: 33

Eq:Next is NOT F2P. It is P2P.

Landmark is f2p and it is not a beta. It is a game in itself. SOE are pretty much giving us all the tools they use for the players to come up with content so the devs dont have to.

Stop the silly rumours that EqNext will be F2P please.

• MoorqueenMoorqueen Member UncommonPosts: 40
    says f2p on the eqnext website
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I guess there's one encouraging thing regarding official release date.

It was in a black box all this time for a reason.  It wasn't because they didn't want players to know anything, it's because they didn't want ideas stolen by other companies.

So the timer for that just started.   They all know.   Sure every detail hasn't been all hashed out for everyone, but now they know.  I don't think you'll see them dawdle for a couple years now giving people time to swipe the good stuff.

My guess?   We'll get Landmarks in a few months (which Smed said anyway), then something like March 2014 it'll be open beta time.   Maybe Summer 2014 official release.

I don't see them going through all this then not having the game out until late 2015 or something.

Originally posted by tedgp

Eq:Next is NOT F2P. It is P2P.

Landmark is f2p and it is not a beta. It is a game in itself. SOE are pretty much giving us all the tools they use for the players to come up with content so the devs dont have to.

Stop the silly rumours that EqNext will be F2P please.

I think more to the point is, will it be P2W or P2P.

• diabeldiabel Member UncommonPosts: 36
    During the discussion regarding the round table I recall hearing something along the lines of recieving player feedback over the next 6 months? After hearing that, it's the last part of the reveal, I was under the impression that the estimated time window is 6 months from now.
    Originally posted by diabel
    During the discussion regarding the round table I recall hearing something along the lines of recieving player feedback over the next 6 months? After hearing that, it's the last part of the reveal, I was under the impression that the estimated time window is 6 months from now.

I'd have to watch it again, and I might, but I did not get that same impression.

On a side note. MMORPG.COM members are comming out of the woodwork on this one.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by vidiotking

If the game is as complex as they are making it sound, there is NO way that "Next" will be out before 2015.

If they are truly seeking this much player input/opinion, they won't be able to sort it out, and implement it that fast.

One of the problems about releasing info really early on a MMO is that expectations build as time goes on, and most of them are going to be unrealistically high.....It sounds to me like they have no interest in pleasing their EQ/EQ2/Vanguard customers but rather attracting a whole new community of minecraft/Vindictus/Gw2/WoW players....SOE is never about building a great game or community but making money....Thats why I had no hope for EQN from the get go.

Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by vidiotking

One of the problems about releasing info really early on a MMO is that expectations build as time goes on, and most of them are going to be unrealistically high.....It sounds to me like they have no interest in pleasing their EQ/EQ2/Vanguard customers but rather attracting a whole new community of minecraft/Vindictus/Gw2/WoW players....SOE is never about building a great game or community but making money....Thats why I had no hope for EQN from the get go.

Well, I play just about every mmo that comes out, although SWG and EQ were my favorites.

After many dissapointments, my expectations for EQN were pretty low, but I must admit, I'm interested by what I saw.

• Steve_LondonSteve_London Member Posts: 23
    I'm hoping for a 2016 release date, I'm basing this on them ripping up this lionking meets gw2 pos game
  • NadiliNadili Member Posts: 197
    Do you guys honestly believe they are going to sit on their hands and wait for some game in development to swoop in and release their concepts.  They waited this long for that reason I predict open beta by fall with Q2 2014 release.  The aren't going to wait around and get scooped this is SoE we are talking about.

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

Late 2015/early 2016.

Originally posted by Nadili
    Do you guys honestly believe they are going to sit on their hands and wait for some game in development to swoop in and release their concepts.  They waited this long for that reason I predict open beta by fall with Q2 2014 release.  The aren't going to wait around and get scooped this is SoE we are talking about.

I don't think they are going to sit on their hands. I think the project is so grand in scope and design, with so many sources of input, so complex, that it's going to take a long time to get it out to the public.

That is of course if were to believe all the "hype".

Maybe they will drop some of the game play options?

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

That'st still a lot later than the estimated 2013 release...

And, it's not like companies just swoop in and take idea of unreleased games.  #1 the first to announce that's a large company like SOE will probably get it out faster just because of the resources they. Secondly most others want to see how the idea pans out before implementing it into their products.

• NadiliNadili Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by NetSage

That'st still a lot later than the estimated 2013 release...

And, it's not like companies just swoop in and take idea of unreleased games.  #1 the first to announce that's a large company like SOE will probably get it out faster just because of the resources they. Secondly most others want to see how the idea pans out before implementing it into their products.

Well at PAX this year Dave said exactly that, they are holding it off from the public to due to competitors.  Which makes me think they want it out to the public soon after reveal.

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

There needs to be time for players to get into Landmark and begin building stuff. So that alone should indicate that Q2 2014 is too soon for them to launch the main game. Then you have the talk of roundtables and how they want us to help influence their design decisions. There's nothing they showed or said yesterday that makes a 2014 release seem possible.