Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition about Everquest Next

RendRend Member UncommonPosts: 5

I have created a petition about Everquest Next

I would appreciate if people would read it and sign the petition if you agree with it.

Also feel free to link it and post to to other people.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/everquest-next-to-the-players/

The reason why I have done this is because I feel like Everquest Next has gone too far from the Everquest franchise. They have changed all that makes Everquest – franchise what it is and they can’t see it.

With no levels, no levelling - There isn’t a goal to achieve no dings for anyone, anymore for ever.

Raids will be dodge red box and will consist of only best dps spec, best heal spec and best tank spec skill equipped by players.

For people who love to level and play a single class for example if you want to be a necromancer and only necromancer game offers only exploration until you retire.

This will be Everquest Next if we do not voice our opinions.

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Whats the point of making EQ1.5 or EQ2.5? They have been done to death over the past 10 years. They said they were going for something different and that's exactly what they delivered, not sure why anyone is shocked?
  • TaoMcDohlTaoMcDohl Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I cannot wait to play the game they showed.  I have to disagree with your position.  The game looks like fantasy, and the world seems lush, alive, and full of exploration.  Sorry, but if you want a treadmill, there are plenty of MMOs.  Everybody keeps complaining about how every MMO is the same.  Well, here's the chance.  The MMO market can't keep stagnating in the same ol' crap.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

Pointless petition...

People on these very forums have been VOCAL about revolution... SOE does some major evolution and places everything people wanted to be able to do in one game... and people flip.

• EadricEadric Member Posts: 28

While we can certainly debate the merits of SOE's design, I applaud the fact that they're trying so very, very hard to break away from the standard mold of MMORPGs....which you just described there.

Is it a bit scary to consider an EQ without traditional levels or class identity? Sure, but that doesn't mean it will be poorly executed. Did you really just expect them to plop down EQ1 with new graphics? If they wanted to do that, it would be far, far cheaper just to give a MASSIVE overhaul to EQ1's graphics and be done with it.

I suspect that Blizzard will be thinking along similar lines with Titan. We already know that it will also be FTP and they didn't like the last direction they were headed. Expect them to try and break the mold and set new standards as SOE is doing here.

Personally, I'm hyper-excited about EQN if only because it addresses some of my biggest MMORPG gripes, which I won't get into here. 

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

I swear, this is why we can't have nice things... Everyone wants every game to be made in their image and will bitch about it constantly until they get their way.

While I am on the fence still with the art style I do like the direction the game is going with their 4 holy grails... People are pissed because they want the same system with hyper real graphics...

With so many sandbox games on the horizon there will certainly be something for you...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    How can you say it wont be a good "Next" step for the Everquest IP, without actually seeing the game. You only got brief looks into a few parts of the game. Without playing the game you have no idea what a game with no levels will entail. It could be fantastic new beginning for the Genre, or it could be a huge flop. Until you have your hands on the game and can make an "Educated Decision" quit trying to change something you know little about.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • TaoMcDohlTaoMcDohl Member UncommonPosts: 103

The problem I have with some people is that they throw around "WoW clone" with such vile distaste and blame WoW for "ruining" the MMORPG market.  And it's true, the market is saturated in that gameplay.  And yet, when SOE decides to buck the trend the go in a new direction, what do these same people do?  Complain and beg for their epics, their "dings," and their achievements.  They beg for the very game play that they claim to hate.

They're not interested in role play, an immersive world, or any of that notion.  They just want to grind the treadmill so they can show off their epics and their achievements and proclaim how awesome they are.  It's the very opposite of what many people claim to have loved EQ1 for.  The community, the RP, the immersion.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

As an x marketing person,I'm continually stunned by what game companies do and don't do. Yesterday was one of those days.

When I see the decisions that have been made for this game it suggests

-console (remember Smedly talked about pc vs console and which side of the fence his audience was).i think  the art direction,the action graphics, the dumbing down of character detail(and trying to compensate for it by giving characters more ways to make their plastic faces convey emotion.Kind of the way a ventriloquist does with his dummy...to say it in an unkind way.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Well.. I would say I'm sorry if someone thinks its gone too far and they are certainly free to do what they want.

When I first say the Art "in game" .. I thought the world was great but the characters looked a bit Disney.   So at that moment I was not so happy...

As they started to show the destruction of landscape and characters falling through the hole into a new underground area... along with talking about the AI and how it would work.   I no longer cared about the Art...

The only things that really left me to wonder after the "reveal" was they had not talked about crafting at all... and obviously for people that like PvP what did they say about that?

Tho the Kerran did klind of irritate in ways that could lead to a petition for that one to be redone.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I played and liked both EQ1 and EQ2.

Yet I love what I've seen about EQ Next.  

What I wanted was a game that's quite different.  I didn't want to play a rehashed version of games I liked before.  I liked them before I don't want to replay them now.

Instead they gave me pretty much what I wanted and what I've been posting about wanting since long before yesterday.   A new and different MMO.      Some of the stuff sounds really cool too.   I think people are going to really like rallying calls.   I know we've had dynamic events/rifts/public quests in other games where people meet up in an area for a little while, do something, kill a boss and that's about it usually....but this idea of everyone in the area teaming up for months to reinforce an area, build it up, and drive off invaders?    Helping build towns?  Long term goals with lots of player interaction.  Pretty nifty I say.

I even like their take on progression, with going through tiers of individual classes through accomplishments to increase effectiveness rather than filling exp/skill bars.   With how many classes there are I doubt anyone's going to be standing around maxxed out with nothing to do any time soon.   If it works out the way they say with things constantly changing, then people won't be looking up guides to quickly find and max out all the classes either.      The npc that gave me the rogue class won't even be there for you to get it from.

• ZaiDenTsuZaiDenTsu Member Posts: 11
    graphic is one ugly thing , no levels are another ugly thing
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Petitioning won't help. I too was hoping to see something more Everquest but there's nothing I can do about it. Probably it's best just to ignore this game until it's out or at least until more is known.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

We will always have a subset of society who will resist change.  If these people were to have been listened to throughout existence, we'd probably still be living in caves and getting around on horseback.  Levels and dings, and being forced to play a single class is so yesterday.  EQN will not be forcing anyone not to play a single class.  That is exactly the point.  EQN will be giving you the freedom to play a single class or be the hybrid class that you desire with no restrictions.  It is all up to you!  And levels are so yesterday.  All levels serve to do is separate the community and render early level content irrelevant. 

Think outside the box, open up your horizons, and invite change my friends.  Free yourself from the shackles of yesterday's MMORPGs and welcome the future with open arms.  Without change we will be stuck with the same ol, same ol.  Allow the MMORPGs of yesterday to serve as the foundation for the MMORPGs of the future.  Do not allow yourselves to become so comfortable with the MMORPGs of yesterday that you resist change thereby being complicit in the stagnation of the genre.  Recognize that you find comfort in the past but that you will, as we always have, adapt to the future.  Is this Everquest different than the Everquest of the past.  Absolutely!  But Everquest is no different that everything else in life.  It will evolve over time, and this is the new face of Everquest. 

Adapt and evolve, or be left behind.

Your choice.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Petition is useless, just like the other petitions that people deem "necessary" for other games.
  • TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Rend

I would appreciate if people would read it and sign the petition if you agree with it.

The reason why I have done this is because I feel like Everquest Next has gone too far from the Everquest franchise. They have changed all that makes Everquest – franchise what it is and they can’t see it.

With no levels, no levelling - There isn’t a goal to achieve no dings for anyone, anymore for ever.

Raids will be dodge red box and will consist of only best dps spec, best heal spec and best tank spec skill equipped by players.

For people who love to level and play a single class for example if you want to be a necromancer and only necromancer game offers only exploration until you retire.

Well, I think rather than kicking your heels into the ground and flailing your arms you may want to see how the game develops.  We've only gone through one day of the Reveal, and there is probably going to be a full year or more of development.  Development, I might add, that the EQN team has openly invited community participation in at the Roundtable.

I didn't read your petition either.  I can pretty much infer from this post that it's a lengthier, windier version.  I'd suggest that rather than digging your heels in on the first day that we've heard anything, to wait and see.  Or, if you want to try and make changes, then civilly participate in the Roundtable and be active in how the game develops. 

• NavinJohnsonNavinJohnson Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Rend

I'm confident that SOE will run right out and change a game they have spent millions researching and developing, and one that they have publically said, over, and over, and over, and over again  that they want to be familiar but radically different than the other EQ's just because there are folks out there who want eq.1 and eq2.1.

Good idea.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

This is all quite amusing really.

We saw hints of this syndrome with GW2, but now it's going to become a lot clearer.

The average MMO player wants linear progression in a themepark where everything is predictable and there's a YouTube guide for every quest, achievement and discovery.

They have never played a sandbox game, but they imagine it will absolutely amazing, because there will be an unbelievable amount of content. Created by other players, of course. They themselves will just consume the content (exactly as they do in a themepark).

Now the dream is real, and suddenly everyone's realising that it's actually a bloody nightmare ! 

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by evilastro
    They said they were going for something different and that's exactly what they delivered, not sure why anyone is shocked?

Actually what they deliver was something with unique gameplay and that looks exactly like WoW.  I expected them to.. well.. deliver a game that doesn't look like WoW.   Aside from that, i had pretty lax expectations.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• graylixxgraylixx Member Posts: 5
    A Jean-Luc Picard 'face-palm' avatar is needed about now.  *sigh*
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Actually looks more like GW2 than WoW Eq1 is the more WoW looking EQ game while EQ2 is the awkward clay puppet EQ game.

Ya, EQnext is the best looking EQ game yet.

• Shimmer9Shimmer9 Member Posts: 49
    Thank you OP for my LOL for the day!
  • zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Originally posted by Krimzin
    How can you say it wont be a good "Next" step for the Everquest IP, without actually seeing the game. You only got brief looks into a few parts of the game. Without playing the game you have no idea what a game with no levels will entail. It could be fantastic new beginning for the Genre, or it could be a huge flop. Until you have your hands on the game and can make an "Educated Decision" quit trying to change something you know little about.

+1

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    No.