Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Least expensive cash shop mmo?

WickedLittleDollWickedLittleDoll Member Posts: 2

Hey all :)

So I know f2p mmo's need to make money to stay alive blah, blah, blah. I'm having a hard time finding a game to get into that my laptop can run, and that's cash shop isn't expensive as hell. I can spend about 10-20 bucks a week probably for needed stuff, like refining materials or whatever.

Not into the sci-fi scene really. I can run games like Perfect World and  Dragon Nest without much lag, but tried DC Universe and it just wasn't happening :/ I'm on a Toshiba Satellite single core lol.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    You can try Rift it recently went F2P. I had an old account so had some additional things opened up for me that you would have to grab. Mainly bag slots and a couple of souls. Besides that I have not spent any cash but to open an addition slot for my character.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    $40-80 month? F2P games LOVE you!!
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    $40-80 month? F2P games LOVE you!!

Damn I must have sped read past that. I thought it said a month. For that may as well just sub to whatever MMO.

• WickedLittleDollWickedLittleDoll Member Posts: 2

Rift is really laggy for me :/

Yes...yes, f2p mmo's probably do love me :)

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

WoW

Cash shop -check

less than 20 bucks per week -check.

Least expensive ,maybe.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by WickedLittleDoll

Hey all :)

So I know f2p mmo's need to make money to stay alive blah, blah, blah. I'm having a hard time finding a game to get into that my laptop can run, and that's cash shop isn't expensive as hell. I can spend about 10-20 bucks a week probably for needed stuff, like refining materials or whatever.

Not into the sci-fi scene really. I can run games like Perfect World and  Dragon Nest without much lag, but tried DC Universe and it just wasn't happening :/ I'm on a Toshiba Satellite single core lol.

Any suggestions?

Op  if you are spending that much money on F2P MMOs, why don't you save some money and buy a brand new laptop or desktop pc?

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Rift is definitely the least expensive, as it allows you to access all gear, regions, and instances of the game without paying.  The majority of the paid content includes fluffy extras (vanity items), things you can easily earn in-game, some non-combat bonuses (like 2 extra bags for a total of 8 instead of 6), and Storm Legion souls.

It sounds like you need a laptop with a real graphics processing unit before you can play any modern games.  I'm just going to guess it has Intel Integrated Graphics.  When you can afford it, buy a laptop with an AMD A-core and you'll have decent graphics processing for an affordable price.  Better yet, buy a desktop.  You can probably build a gaming-capable desktop for $400.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by syntax42

Rift is definitely the least expensive, as it allows you to access all gear, regions, and instances of the game without paying.  The majority of the paid content includes fluffy extras (vanity items), things you can easily earn in-game, some non-combat bonuses (like 2 extra bags for a total of 8 instead of 6), and Storm Legion souls.

It sounds like you need a laptop with a real graphics processing unit before you can play any modern games.  I'm just going to guess it has Intel Integrated Graphics.  When you can afford it, buy a laptop with an AMD A-core and you'll have decent graphics processing for an affordable price.  Better yet, buy a desktop.  You can probably build a gaming-capable desktop for $400.

What about Aion? I think they give full access also.

• infofrontinfofront Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Tera is probably the most reasonably priced F2P I've seen yet.
  • motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42
    or everquest 2  have alot of content for free and all class and races after the remove some restrictions. or lotro is nice to and have alot of content for free if u like lore and good immersive game thats my advise ^^
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

LoTRO.

You can grind the points needed for the cash shop by playing the game.

• SeverinusSeverinus Member Posts: 20

The Lord of the Rings Online? No no no ... the grind for Turbine Points is quite extensive; usually players needs to make more chararcters just to get more Turbine Points. Personally I think the game is rather bad anyway.

As Epicent said, Aion, but make sure it's the NA client.

Once upon a time ...