Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes 2013-07-30 New Warrior school, village changes.

• <li blockbody"="" id="post_1">
    New Content

New Warrior School (Slayer)

• Battle Rage
      • Allowing battle fervor to course through your limbs, you enjoy the
      • benefits of greatly increased attack speed at the cost of health.
    • Power Attack
      • A punishing attack that will have a different effect on your victim depending on the weapon you wield.
    • Crushing Blow
      • Crush your enemy and see him driven before you! This strike will drain
      • your foe's stamina, momentarily blind them, and reduce their attack speed.
    • Vampiric Strike
      • Striking at the very life-force of your enemy, you leech some of his health onto yourself.
    • Barrage (Ultimate)
      • Harnessing the cold rage of battle, you increase your attack speed and critical chance. While this effect is active, each strike you land will grant a portion of the damage you deal back to you as health.

Two new Warships

• Junk: fairly slow speed warship with 12 side and 1 rear cannon.Can be crafted with Shipbuilding Mastery at Shipyards only . Requires: Compass, Ship Modules and Neithal Ship Modules. (Shipbuilding Mastery 50)
    • Barque: fairly slow speed warship with 9 side, 2 front and 2 rear cannons. Can be crafted with Shipbuilding Mastery at Shipyards only. Requires: Compass, Ship Modules and Neithal Ship Modules. (Shipbuilding Mastery 50)

General Fixes

• Fixed issue with the restoration of player houses that had taxes/rent due to be paid (caused the flag to appear incorrect)
    • Fixed an issue that when a mercenary ganked an “opposing” character during a siege his kill would not count as a siege kill.
    • Fixed an issue with the messages from clan workstation usage not showing up. From now on every time someone is using one of the clan workstations all the clan members get a notification message.
    • Fixed a round robin bug. If the killer was excluded and everyone else outside of the range, no one was being credited with the kills until someone was again in range or the killer was included back. At that point all the "missing" kills were credited to this player.
    • Fixed an issue with the clan holding overview configuration update, whereby a clan member could not kick a player from the bind-stone when a siege was active for the holding
    • Fixed an issue with the clan overview, when viewing the players own clan, whereby the clan leader/founder on/off-line status could be shown in an incorrect state
    • Fixed an issue with the clan overview political stance selector not updating or becoming editable again (without closing and re-opening the window), when war expires between two clans while the window is open
    • Various text fixes on clan windows.
    • Fixed a bug that could cause a player to be decapitated/instantly killed from another player in an extremely rare case
    • Fixed a bug where in some cases someone could summon a character and also keep the shard.
    • Fixed a bug where the market interface button would remain “enabled” if the market was closed by pressing "esc" button
    • Fixed a bug where closing market window wouldn't toggle chat window back on (if it was on when opening the market).
    • Fixed a bug where the chat input box would remain “active” after closing market but chat window would close (and could lead players to thinik their keyboard stopped responding and they couldn't move).
    • Fixed a bug where some player names would show up as “Null Null” in their own interface

HUD Changes

There where some changes/additions on information that was showing up on the targeting HUD:

• When targeting tombstones (Player tombstones will now show full character name and clan)
    • When targeting ships (It will also show how many repairers it currently has as long as you are close to the ship)
    • When targeting clan bindstones, siegestones, village control-points and NPC bindstones
    • Updated targeting component behavior to only show the health circle for objects that can be damaged (for invulnerable objects, siege-stones, bind-stones, control-points etc. the circle will not be visible until they become vulnerable)

World Changes

• Re-Balanced the traps in Svartvann Dungeon.
    • Added a special effect above all the vendors of the game to make them spot out more. It can be turned off from the option menu.

General Changes

• Changes to the village capturing and stealing mechanics
    • Disabling skills will now change automatically based on weapon equipped.
    • The default attack skill for the weapon a character is currently holding will now be available to choose from the slot in the middle of the radial menu
    • Small adjustment for ship spawning.
    • Added “rate-limiting” to fix message spam from clans when players are harvesting a resource node in one of the clans' holdings
      • Should now never receive more than 1 message, per player type (clan member, other clan member, no clan member), per resource node, per holding, per 10 seconds
      • New combined messages added (e.g. "2 players from other clans have harvested the mine in Your-Holding recently")
    • Removed “gate control policy” component from clan holding overview window, when viewing a hamlet
    • The number of concurrently active repairers is now limited, for ships
      • Each ship has a maximum allowed number of repairers (see below)
      • Players attempting to repair the ship when the maximum number of repairers are already active will receive a notification explaining why they can’t repair the ship
      • Maximum Repairers:
        • Raft: 2
        • Wherry: 2
        • Launch: 3
        • Fishing Trawler: 3
        • Costal Runner: 3
        • Sea Scrapper: 3
        • Pinnace: 4
        • Sloop: 4
        • Schooner: 5
        • Brigantine: 5
        • Junk: 6
        • Barque: 6

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

zzzzZZZZzzzz

call me when they have their game in beta stage ...

in serious gaming industry  beta = feature complete

and AV still has to implement missing classes ...then they have to test them and ...

Yes i know there peeps to pay THEM (this company) to basically beta test instead of being paid to do so....

Tasos live in a world where he believes piece of software can be declared feature complete because he call it so ..violating any software developing standards.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    This is a big exaggeration by any stress.  If you are a DF1 vet you should really move on to other games.  Those of us that are new to DF series are enjoying this iteration.  All MMO more or less stays in beta stage forever.  WoW started almost 10 years ago and still going.  You are welcome to join us 20 years from now :-)  Rest of us are enjoying the game now!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Originally posted by gamekid2k
    All MMO stays in beta stage forever.  WoW started almost 10 years ago and still going.  You are welcome to join us 20 years from now :-)  Rest of us are enjoying the game now!

They got you to the stage believeg their mantra...sadly.

The service might be ongoing but in this case the amount of roles (a feature) and classes is clear by simple maths.

Also is clear the amount of classes that aren't ready as we speak..hence we can not arguable say the system of Roles is not  fully implemented by missing x classes  = feature incomplete.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    All MMO stays in beta stage forever.  WoW started almost 10 years ago and still going.  You are welcome to join us 20 years from now :-)  Rest of us are enjoying the game now!

The service might be ongoing but in this case the amount of roles (a feature) and classes is clear by simple maths.

Also is clear the amount of classes that aren't ready as we speak..hence we can not arguable say the system of Roles is not  fully implemented by missing x classes  = feature incomplete.

Who cares, dude? People are having fun, and AV just added to that fun.

Get over it.

Originally posted by Lustmord

Who cares, dude? People are having fun, and AV just added to that fun.

Get over it.

Only a small tiny of the potential playerbase has fun.  There was 200k  registered for original DF Beta >150 k sold copies all expecting a a game that offers playstyles for all of them. Whats left is arena style group combat leaving any other playstyle out. which isnt even fully implemented at that.

AV reduced the amount of players having fun over time and especially with such moves like DF:UW and it being even  complete.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

zzzzZZZZzzzz

... An MMO is never feature complete, they'll keep on adding roles until the game shuts down.

You sound like one of the bitter DF1 vets that can't accept the positive changes of the game. But DFUW is far more successful than DF1 ever was.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

zzzzZZZZzzzz

and AV still has to implement missing classes ...then they have to test them and ...

Yes i know there peeps to pay THEM (this company) to basically beta test instead of being paid to do so....

Tasos live in a world where he believes piece of software can be declared feature complete because he call it so ..violating any software developing standards.

I'm so mad... I can't believe Blizzard decieved us all this time with their feature incomplete game... where was Deathknight, Monk, Goblins, Werewolves, Bloodelves at launch??

Originally posted by Greymoor

zzzzZZZZzzzz

I'm so mad... I can't believe Blizzard decieved us all this time with their feature incomplete game... where was Deathknight, Monk, Goblins, Werewolves, Bloodelves at launch??

I guess you talking about WoW ...since i dont ever played WoW i cant say about these things. But since i know Blizzard at least is a serious company i certainly sure you talking about classes that have been delivered as an add-on.

There is a difference about basic functionality missing and delivering classes as add-ons.  AV isn' expanding and putiing new Roles into the game..they still on reaching Beta status on the exiting one by serious development standards. Many other companies have their software in Beta status and deliver them free while on this stage. Also in gaming industry where serious developer distribute free copys of Beta till its ready with the full functionailty. The Role system is fully implemented if all te 4 Roles have the 4 schools implemented.

DF Slayer school had been designed to be in the game ...4 rolles having each 4 schools. That is the complete basic set of DF's class system. Prior to all these classes  / schools aren't developed and implemented how does someone can test them, balance them against all other classes and content.

How can someone claim with a straight face that the feature of roles is complete ?

YOU testing in tright now and pay subcription money to AV for it ..thats a low business profile and vilotates any serious developemnt stadndard in industry.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    AV said we'd have Warrior/Skirm/Ele with x2 roles for launch and maybe the Primalist too. Just because someone data mines the details of future schools, it doesn't mean AV has suddenly promised them for launch. We're getting weekly patches with great addition/changes. Get over it.
    AV said we'd have Warrior/Skirm/Ele with x2 roles for launch and maybe the Primalist too. Just because someone data mines the details of future schools, it doesn't mean AV has suddenly promised them for launch. We're getting weekly patches with great addition/changes. Get over it.

They say much ...no one can stop em.  How someone could also believe em have everything ready at Mai when they finally launched with almost everything missing ?

But should we accept them all their claims ? 

A look at software development process standrads and definitions can help ..and those claims them being "ready for launch" don't meet the "feature complete" standards.

AT this moment you KNOW that are missing schools. I can tell you some schools that are missing for example 2 of the Primalist schools..how can this occur in a feature ready and launched product ?

Dont make this now implemented Slayer school sound like an addon. Its still aattempt on deliverying one small piece of the missing funtionality that should be in for launch and should have been tested in the beta process.

Now go back to test this pievce of software and pay for it on top.

They implemented Slayer class and now what ?  yay ??  NO its zzzzZZZZZzzz get on the full feature first the Roles with all schools , test it and when its tested and balanced then its noteworthy...else is zzzZZZzzz..

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

zzzzZZZZzzzz

I guess you talking about WoW ...since i dont ever played WoW i cant say about these things. But since i know Blizzard at least is a serious company i certainly sure you talking about classes that have been delivered as an add-on.

Oh I see, when one company adds extra classes to a game, it's okay, but when AV does it, its because the core functionality of the game isn't there. I was unaware of this. <rolls eyes>

Originally posted by DavisFlight

zzzzZZZZzzzz

Oh I see, when one company adds extra classes to a game, it's okay, but when AV does it, its because the core functionality of the game isn't there. I was unaware of this.

Did you read my whole post ? 

Obviously you didn't. I have a question for you ..

How do i know that 2 classes in Primalist are missing ?

Did anyone know a t WoW's laucnh that Bloodelves are missing ?

Thats the big diffrence....thats the diffrence ...a big holein the wall at the house you about to build looks ugly  and everyone knows its a ugly hole you have to close wheras another floor you may build on top on the already solid foundation its a addition but not a hole like this class system AV launched with.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Obviously you didn't.

I don't think anyone reads your whole posts.

get over it.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

zzzzZZZZzzzz

Oh I see, when one company adds extra classes to a game, it's okay, but when AV does it, its because the core functionality of the game isn't there. I was unaware of this.

Obviously you didn't. I have a question for you ..

How do i know that 2 classes in Primalist are missing ?

Did anyone know a t WoW's laucnh that Bloodelves are missing ?

Thats the big diffrence....thats the diffrence ...a big holein the wall at the house you about to build looks ugly  and everyone knows its a ugly hole you have to close wheras another floor you may build on top on the already solid foundation its a addition but not a hole like this class system AV launched with.

So basically you're upset that they told you about the roles instead of just surprising you? Their sin is that they gave you too much information. Shame on them....

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Darth your time will be well spent playing a game you actually like instead of forewarn the world about a game you no longer like or play. You have a lot of grudge against AV for the right or wrong reason.  Let me remind you this is just a VIDEO GAME, don't take it that seriously.

With the newest announcement they will apply changes to Slayer class just few days after they launched it, which proved my point that you guys who defend it are basically Beta testers which pay AAA subscription.

AV dosn't deserve any praise for work that should have been done prior to grabbing AAA sub money or offered as free beta stuff. Put off those AV glasses to gain a real perspective.

• C3llTherapyC3llTherapy Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Lustmord

Obviously you didn't.

I don't think anyone reads your whole posts.

get over it.

LOL, I quit after the first 3 what a drone. Anyways glad some the others are chiming in with their opinions I have been following this game for awhile and figured the release would be a bit rough so I'd wait to give it a try for first 6-10 months it is out. It seems things are turning around and people are having fun.