Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad News for EU Players

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Darwa
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Looks like I either have to signup with EU publisher or just skip the whole thing *picks latter option*

Try this link (I've updated the original post to include it as well).

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistrationLandingPage!input.action

Sadly not working... I get a  'we've encountered an error' message and I can contact support for it.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    LOL that EU site is such a mess. Where do they find this in crap?!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Eq2 does not have an IP block... I dont know if tyats the standard, or if thats there to allow EU enlish people to keep playing with their friends..

DCuO does also not have an IP block

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    I remember they talked abot this ProSieben thing during Planetside2 development/beta. What happened with that?
  • BladeburBladebur Member UncommonPosts: 19

SOE marks some player accounts as 'Europe only' and those are only allowed to play on ProSieben servers. This process is usually done when the user starts some kind of migration to Europe in one of their games. If you try to access the registration beta link with your account and you get an error page, you are probably in this group, and you will only be able to play (using that account) in ProSieben servers.

That being mentioned, the registration process suggests there will be IP blocks in place, since it is trying to guess your location and forces you to the (broken) ProSieben pages if you are in Europe.

For the people outside EU who wonder what is all this fuss about, ProSieben is notorious as being the worst hosting service in the planet. They offer meaningless customer support, they frequently lose and are unable to restore player data and even entire accounts, they are incredibly incompetent at the technical front, they frequently ban people for no reason and with no explanation while hackers and bots run rampant in their games, etc. Not to mention many instances of ProSieben staff responding to customers with insults and a complete lack of education (and that is the lucky ones who get an answer for a problem).

Like most other players, I was interested in the game until the ProSieben fiasco was revealed. I have zero interest now as I'm not happy to jump trough hoops and hacks just to be able to play the game as it was meant to be played (I'm in the 'EU only mark' camp too).

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I have two very old EQ accounts that I never migrated in spite of receiving ominous emails to the effect of losing the right to play DCU which I bought if I do not switch to Europe. I stuck to it and hopefully it paid off and I can still play on the US server despite living in the EU. Here's to you ProS image
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Bladebur

SOE marks some player accounts as 'Europe only' and those are only allowed to play on ProSieben servers. This process is usually done when the user starts some kind of migration to Europe in one of their games. If you try to access the registration beta link with your account and you get an error page, you are probably in this group, and you will only be able to play (using that account) in ProSieben servers.

That being mentioned, the registration process suggests there will be IP blocks in place, since it is trying to guess your location and forces you to the (broken) ProSieben pages if you are in Europe.

For the people outside EU who wonder what is all this fuss about, ProSieben is notorious as being the worst hosting service in the planet. They offer meaningless customer support, they frequently lose and are unable to restore player data and even entire accounts, they are incredibly incompetent at the technical front, they frequently ban people for no reason and with no explanation while hackers and bots run rampant in their games, etc. Not to mention many instances of ProSieben staff responding to customers with insults and a complete lack of education (and that is the lucky ones who get an answer for a problem).

Like most other players, I was interested in the game until the ProSieben fiasco was revealed. I have zero interest now as I'm not happy to jump trough hoops and hacks just to be able to play the game as it was meant to be played (I'm in the 'EU only mark' camp too).

QFT!

But they reverted their decision. I can play Everquest2, Vanguard and PS2 on my SOE account and was no longer forced to migrate those.

Unfortunately for my DCUO account it was too late and I am no longer able to play that game via SOE. :-(

I sincerly hope SOE is not going to try again and force EU players to sign up with ProSieben.

If this will be the case, then SOE can just as well not bother with anyone outside Europe anymore and lock themselves up within US borders! /facepalm

As not a single player with a sane mind is gonna sign up with ProSieben! They are an utter disaster! They even make other hosters like France Telecom, Frogster, etc look good. /shrug

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172

I've now spoken with someone from SOE unofficially that tells me if you're in the EU and your account was created before SOE linked with PS1, then you'll be able to choose which region you play in. If not, then you're stuck 

Assuming this proves to be correct, then I'll be ok (as will many others), but I think it's still a very poor show to force anyone to use PS1.

Well if that's the case then I am fine, since I still have my EQ1 Station account, even if it has been sleeping for years. I managed to sign up for beta thru that.

I will not play if I have to go to PS1. The seperate provider in DAoC was awful and I do not hear anything better, even worst, about PS1. I simply don't 'get'  why we need a seperate EU provider in this day and age ....

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Looks like we'll have to go through the same struggle as we did with PS2.

We EU players will once again have to fight tooth and nail to keep our old SOE accounts active for EQNext. SOE will make it as difficult as possible, including delaying our beta signup opportunities indefinitely.

Once you have created a Prosiebensat account for any SOE game, you will not be allowed to play that game via your pre-existing SOE account.

If you're in the EU and have no prior SOE account, you HAVE TO register a ProSiebenSat account and play via the EU servers. You also have to use ProSiebenSat's version of Station Cash and the their Cash Shop. 

Originally posted by Jeleena

I've now spoken with someone from SOE unofficially that tells me if you're in the EU and your account was created before SOE linked with PS1, then you'll be able to choose which region you play in. If not, then you're stuck 

Assuming this proves to be correct, then I'll be ok (as will many others), but I think it's still a very poor show to force anyone to use PS1.

Well if that's the case then I am fine, since I still have my EQ1 Station account, even if it has been sleeping for years. I managed to sign up for beta thru that.

I will not play if I have to go to PS1. The seperate provider in DAoC was awful and I do not hear anything better, even worst, about PS1. I simply don't 'get'  why we need a seperate EU provider in this day and age ....

I'm in a double boat here... My DCOU account was forcebly merged to Pro-Seben, while all my other games are still hosted by SOE. But somehow I'm not allowed to sign up at SOE for the beta. I have already made it a ticket and made it very clear that I either play EQNext through SOE or will not play it at all. If they only look at my DCUO gaming data, they can see that 1 day after the (forced) migration of that account I stopped playing it :p

No I think you cannot play EQ next with SOE even with an old account I will explain why. I have two accounts one has DCU which when they asked me to migrate I refused and now can play I think if I choose to with SOE because it allows me to activate but on my other account it says specifically for DCU, you cannot create an account here but only with ProS . So the upshot is that if you do not have an account that has not already been created  with SOE for DCU prior to transfer to ProS, you cannot play with SOE. So since EQnext is not yet out and we cannot yet make an account for it they can force you to make an account with ProS when it launches.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107
    In the UK also but after setting up justfreevpn I had no problem signing up through the beta link. I was having a lot with their sending me in circles with their trying to push me onto their EU partner but this method worked fine, even with my having moved my DCU account to Prosieben1.
    Oh well, no beta signup for me then... :(

The only way would be when we sign up later to create the EQ Next account to use a VPN for the game when it launches then play normally since they do not I hope block IP. But not sure about trusting something like hotspotshield with my SOE details so better buy a private VPN.

I got signed up too am waiting to see if I get an email. I have a strange suspicion although they gave me a choice to stay US or go Europe my choice with US was just an empty thing because I could keep signing up on the same account meaning my choices were not recorded.

Chamber of Chains
  • OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

I have used 5 or so 3rd party service for mmorpg and i have never been happy with em.

Thank god we have vpn nowdays to bypass this BS.

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

I managed to get into the US beta with my existing SoE account via the direct link yesterday.

I think we have to wait for some kind of official forum, and then start to "petitioning" (kindof) so that there's no IP blocking.

Hell, all AAA MMOs, be it WoW, but also LOTRO, GW2, etc... all have both US and EU servers but don't do any IP blocking. I hope SoE will end being reasonable and stop that nonsense.

The loophole has been closed now, EU players can no longer sign up to the EQNext beta on their SOE accounts.

Apparently, if you have a legacy SOE account, you will be able to play EQNext via your SOE account, but that that is only after game launch, of course.

As an EU player, you can possibly use a VPN to get the beta registration done, but you may run into "issues" when you try to download or login to the actual beta, because the login may be checked against your account details and denied, given that your account is flagged as "EU" based on payment currency.

When I moved to the EU, it took me 2 months, half a dozen emails and several customer support Live Chats and phone calls to get my "payment currency" changed to euro from the original USD. 

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

I managed to get into the US beta with my existing SoE account via the direct link yesterday.

I think we have to wait for some kind of official forum, and then start to "petitioning" (kindof) so that there's no IP blocking.

Hell, all AAA MMOs, be it WoW, but also LOTRO, GW2, etc... all have both US and EU servers but don't do any IP blocking. I hope SoE will end being reasonable and stop that nonsense.

The loophole has been closed now, EU players can no longer sign up to the EQNext beta on their SOE accounts.

Let's hope my sign up was retained... I'm also subscribed to the EU beta anyway.

Apparently, if you have a legacy SOE account, you will be able to play EQNext via your SOE account, but that that is only after game launch, of course.

Works for me.  I don't mind doing the beta in Europe...

What annoys me the most is the sub par service third party hosts usually offer, patches only coming weeks later, stuff like that.

I refuse to create a ProSiebenSat account to sign up for EQN beta.

SOE originally forced all DCUO players to migrate their SOE accounts to ProSiebenSat. Then many months later, they changed the rules so that people who had NOT migrated yet were allowed to play via their legacy SOE accounts.

However, those who had already migrated their DCUO to ProSiebenSat were excluded from that concession. Their DCUO accts were married to ProSiebenSat for life.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

However, those who had already migrated their DCUO to ProSiebenSat were excluded from that concession. Their DCUO accts were married to ProSiebenSat for life.

Wow. That's harsh.

Wow. That's harsh.

Just checked my SOE account and that Pro-Seben migration message is gone that was there in the past. Right now downloading DCUO through Steam (SOE version of course) to see if I can play on the SOE servers directly. If I can than the statement SpottyGekko has copied is not accurate...

Will update later on after the 18Gb has been downloaded @3Mb/s

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Wow. That's harsh.

Just checked my SOE account and that Pro-Seben migration message is gone that was there in the past. Right now downloading DCUO through Steam (SOE version of course) to see if I can play on the SOE servers directly. If I can than the statement SpottyGekko has copied is not accurate...

I can still log in to DCUO on my one station access account, but my other accounts that were not station access AND not migrated to PSS1 can not log into DCUO still - it says account change needed (to PSS1), even though it seems to be with SOE

You can now buy Station Access but not sure if that will get you in to DCUO

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

I am very disappointed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84zY33QZO5o

But not surprised.

Wow. That's harsh.

"You checked your SOE account..." which means you did not migrate it to ProSiebenSat when SOE originally forced it (or tried to) ?

As I said, if you didn't migrate, you can now play DCUO via your original (legacy) SOE account, without having to create a ProSiebenSat account. That's why you're no longer seeing the migration message.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Wow. That's harsh.

"You checked your SOE account..." which means you did not migrate it to ProSiebenSat when SOE originally forced it (or tried to) ?

As I said, if you didn't migrate, you can now play DCUO via your original (legacy) SOE account, without having to create a ProSiebenSat account. That's why you're no longer seeing the migration message.

It is not working for me. I did not migrate, and I can not log into DCUO with my original non station access (legacy) SOE accounts.

Are you assuming you can play it as it is no longer mentioning PSS1 in your account, or have you actually managed to play it on a non Station Access SOE account? If the latter did you have to contact SOE or maybe they had a window open a while ago where you could play it on an old account, but that window is now closed?

I received an email a while ago saying that migrating is closing for DCUO. I thought they meant that if you did not change to PSS1 then you would lose your progress on your SOE account and would have to create a new PSS1 account (I did not act on it as did not want to migrate), but maybe they meant you had to log in to DCUO to play on your SOE account?

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

I live in EU but my country dos not belong to the EU. So wonder if we get treated as the other EU countries. I got a old SOE account since eq1. If I can't play EQNext with this account, there wont be any EQNext for me. Im not dealing with prosieben...

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

Originally posted by superniceguy

Wow. That's harsh.

It is not working for me. I did not migrate, and I can not log into DCUO with my original non station access (legacy) SOE accounts.

Are you assuming you can play it as it is no longer mentioning PSS1 in your account, or have you actually managed to play it on a non Station Access SOE account? If the latter did you have to contact SOE or maybe they had a window open a while ago where you could play it on an old account, but that window is now closed?

I received an email a while ago saying that migrating is closing for DCUO. I thought they meant that if you did not change to PSS1 then you would lose your progress on your SOE account and would have to create a new PSS1 account (I did not act on it as did not want to migrate), but maybe they meant you had to log in to DCUO to play on your SOE account?

The whole process is rather tricky.

It would appear that the "amnesty" granted to DCUO players a year or so ago was revoked. ALL SOE accounts had to be migrated to ProSiebenSat during June 2013. Those DCUO accounts that were not migrated were LOST.

EXCEPT if you played via Steam apparently. In that case, you were unaffected. Never played DCUO via Steam, so I don't have a clue how all that works.

Perhaps SOE decided that the remaining euro players still accessing DCUO via their SOE accounts was too small to worry about. So they essentially dumped them. Not without prior warning, of course.

It would not surprise me if the same thing happens to PS2 players from europe in the next year or so. SOE was very lenient with those players in the months prior to the PS2 launch. They obviously wanted the maximum players at launch, so they were prepared to be flexible with regards to ProSiebenSat migrations.