Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad News for EU Players

DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

From their FAQ:

I am a European customer. How can I play EverQuest Next or EverQuest Next Landmark?

Our European players will play EverQuest Next with our partner, ProSiebenSat.1 Games. You can find out more on PSG's website and sign up for the EU beta.

****EDIT****

You can sign up for the NA beta using this direct link:

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistration.action?betaId=17

****EDIT 2****

Link to an organised petition for SOE to allow EU players to choose between then and ProsiebenSat.1 (nothing to lose by trying):

http://www.change.org/petitions/sony-online-entertainment-manage-their-own-games-and-customers-in-eu

Comments

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    That's .... very disappointing .... :(
  • JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    I don't see any mention that they will block IPs though...

I sure hope they will not. I do have an old station account so I hope I can avoid this seperate EU crap..

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Hehe. I asked them on Twitter about that, and they directed me to the FAQ again.

I'll play through a proxy if I have to, but I am not dealing with PS1 again. I've been playing with the same group of (NA) people for a very long time and don't intend to stop now.

There was a massive outcry when they tried to force all EU players to switch to PS1 a year or however long ago it was, and SOE dropped the idea. 

You'd think they'd learn.....

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Originally posted by Darwa

Hehe. I asked them on Twitter about that, and they directed me to the FAQ again.

I'll play through a proxy if I have to, but I am not dealing with PS1 again. I've been playing with the same group of (NA) people for a very long time and don't intend to stop now.

There was a massive outcry when they tried to force all EU players to switch to PS1 a year or however long ago it was, and SOE dropped the idea. 

You'd think they'd learn.....

They did that same crap in EQ1 too.  I don't remember what company they gave the servers over to, but there were a few servers they passed off.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

actions like this one always puzzled me, why would you need someone else to care for your game ,

arguably it might be reasonable for small company, but for international company and one that is as big as sony, i cant find words to express how puzzled i am, let alone single proper reason

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    They are not blocking us as they gave me a chose as to do I want USA or Europe when I signed to EQN beta they just say that it isn't optermised for Europe to play on USA .
    Originally posted by keenber
    They are not blocking us as they gave me a chose as to do I want USA or Europe when I signed to EQN beta they just say that it isn't optermised for Europe to play on USA .

I had the choice too (from the website link) and kept getting looped back to the region choice after logging in. This is why I asked if it was region locked.

I got around this by using the direct link supplied in another thread, and received the confirmation email moments later.

Besides, you're talking about beta, and we're talking about the game when it goes live.

• SengiSengi Member CommonPosts: 350

What? Wait a minute does SOE not trust us europeans to build stuff? We are building stuff since 4000 years starting with Stonehenge,  and that already was quite awesome!  
    Europeans have build the Parthenon and St. Peter's and the Eiffel Tower and even the Statue of Liberty, and I could go on with this list for an entire hour. And what did the americans build? A bunch of skyscrapers and four ugly faces carved into a mountain. Its just not fair! And what about asia?

That SOE is teaming up with ProSiebenSat1 is not really a good sign. That is a german TV channel that is not known for its quality.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I bet they use same system as in other soe games,that is you choose region when you login and will be able to play with your friends wherever they live.

Oh, I think that EU players will have the same opportunities as NA players (on paper at least), but EU players will have to deal with a third party that none of them want or trust (PS1).

I'm hoping that the region thing is just a preference and not enforced, but I guess we won't know that for a long time.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

I had the choice too (from the website link) and kept getting looped back to the region choice after logging in. This is why I asked if it was region locked.

I got around this by using the direct link supplied in another thread, and received the confirmation email moments later.

Besides, you're talking about beta, and we're talking about the game when it goes live.

Strange I had no problem signing up through soe site.

• FarzoFarzo Member Posts: 12

People seem 'upset' about this, and I don't really know what's going on.

Can someone explain in short what this is about?

• ZiezoZiezo Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Even got an answer for the beta request in German :/

Playing: TESO (great!)
    Most looking forward for: Everquest Next
    Have Played: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, Everquest Online Adventures, Everquest 1, EverQuest 2, Dungeons & Dragons Online, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Aion, CoH, Loong, Dragon nest, LoL, Alods, Diablo 3, NWN, Tera, Poe, Guild Wars 2, Rift
    Most favorite; Everquest online Adventures (EQOA, 2003, PS2)

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    im having problems too says the mail is used............wtf? of course its , is the mail for SoE games >.>
  • munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169
    bah, hate ps1.. not to mention theyr signup process seems completly messed up, no way to log in to current account for signup, basicly have to create a new account on a new email to sign up ?
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Skuall
    im having problems too says the mail is used............wtf? of course its , is the mail for SoE games >.>

That's because you already have a SOE account so you just need to login using that and the click beta and you will get an email.

I also went to the www.everquest-next.co.uk and then created a brand new account using my other email and still waiting for a respond email on this and it's been about 20 minutes since I signed up. Guess the mail will hit within 24 hours.

Bandit

Asbo

I've now spoken with someone from SOE unofficially that tells me if you're in the EU and your account was created before SOE linked with PS1, then you'll be able to choose which region you play in. If not, then you're stuck 

Assuming this proves to be correct, then I'll be ok (as will many others), but I think it's still a very poor show to force anyone to use PS1.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I really loved the way EQnext looked, but I'll ditch it instantly if i have to play with ProSieben, especially since i have a bunch of station cash.

Hope I'll get the same chances as I got with planetside 2.

Originally posted by Agoden

I'll ditch it instantly if i have to play with ProSieben

You're certainly not alone in that statement. I'm hoping that the FAQ sentence isn't as definite as it reads, and they will give us the option.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Strange I had no problem signing up through soe site.

I have no faith in EQN as 'the saviour of MMORPGs', but I want to give it a try. But signing up I was in that loop as well and no signup was sone after logging on half a dozen times with 2 different browsers. Looks like I either have to signup with EU publisher or just skip the whole thing *picks latter option*

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

I think the main reason SOE lets PS1 handle the games in EU is that PS1 do the translation to German and French, so SOE can focus on just making games, not translate them.
    This is also the reason why I think the EU version often will be older than NA version because PS1 have to translate to all the supported language before they release new version.
    This is the case for Aion in EU.

Originally posted by Reizla
    Looks like I either have to signup with EU publisher or just skip the whole thing *picks latter option*

Try this link (I've updated the original post to include it as well).

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistrationLandingPage!input.action

Originally posted by Nasa

I think the main reason SOE lets PS1 handle the games in EU is that PS1 do the translation to German and French, so SOE can focus on just making games, not translate them.
    This is also the reason why I think the EU version often will be older than NA version because PS1 have to translate to all the supported language before they release new version.
    This is the case for Aion in EU.

Good thinking, but why would the non-French/German speaking countries have to use PS1? I'm in the UK, and NA English is just fine for me, even if they do spell a bunch of words incorrectly ;)

I was told that they use PS1 for tax reasons, which would make sense even though I don't like it.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I've now spoken with someone from SOE unofficially that tells me if you're in the EU and your account was created before SOE linked with PS1, then you'll be able to choose which region you play in. If not, then you're stuck 

Thx the info, it explains a lot.

I can switch regions in DCUO for example, but a late started buddy of mine can't and I never understood why. (and my account too is sorta "splitted" as if I log in to Vanguard I still got to SOE's page since P7S1 is not handling Vanguard). So there's no IP block if you have an older account, but you can only create a new one at P7S1 from the Eu - at least without using an US proxy :)

I've dealed with crappy third party European publishers in a few other games like LOTRO, and I really hope they won't block IPs. I'll play through a VPN otherwise, no big deal.

There are a few crappy ones indeed, but Codies was great actually... Customer service was helpful, gm events were nice, and we were spared from the failed patches of Turbine, only the fixed ones got implemented :) not to mention we had 50-100ms less ping.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Looks like I either have to signup with EU publisher or just skip the whole thing *picks latter option*

Try this link (I've updated the original post to include it as well).

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistrationLandingPage!input.action

Link doesn´t work. Get an error message on the SOE account page.