Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Developer Question #33: Mages Guild

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

In the latest Elder Scrolls Online developer question video, Zenimax Online intern Jonathan Lapkoff asks: "As a new member of the Mages Guild, you've been given your first guild quest -- to go into a nearby catacomb with only three spells at your disposal. Which would you choose and why?"

Comments

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Lol i aint in a bad mood and mean no disrespect.. but was this really worth it to make a video about?...

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Don't feel bad Montaronx, their dev questions are the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ry7737ry7737 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    i'd have a heal/evasion type genre of move. i'd have a nuke of some kind melee/ranged w/e pref on spam. then i'd have a booster type skill  like a boost in armor/mag armor.
    why is because survivability/dodge of heal/evasion keeps u alive. everyone needs a spam/nuke ability to dmg its how its done. last but not least the booster gives our char a overdrive feeling of power one should feel while wrecking utter chaos on one's foe's.
    imo
  • CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

What 3 spells? Well that would be particularly easy to answer if this was Oblivion.

1) Unlock All

2) Fireball of icy explosive life-draining lightning... stuff.

3) The All-buffer.

Healing is for potions or people not wearing heavy armor.

But considering that spell-crafting fun was sliced out pretty eagerly for Skyrim, I'd rather just smack things with a greatsword like I always do. But of course, a mage character wouldn't be able to do crap with a greatsword now in the elder scrolls, so...

I'd cast "Delete Mage", followed by "Summon Warrior", and top that off by "Conjure Permanent Greatsword" as my 3 spells.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I think I would select the following:

1) Healing - Since potions are consumable it is best to have another means of restoring your health.

2) Night Eye - This is a very useful spell in that you can see in poorly illuminated areas and it is easier to spot small items like arrows, potions, gold, gems etc. that you would love to pick up.

3) Feather - Since I am a natural born pack rat and have to steal anything that is not nailed down (that I cannot pry up) this will help me with my encumbrance.

Ratero.