The main things I take away from this are:
- Armor (and the ability to craft intricate armor components) will be a major form of character customization, and many custom items will be recognizable on sight.
- Crafting skill will not be advanced by repeatedly making the same item over and over.
- Player housing will be in game, but no details are available yet.
- Gear system provides 5 visual slots (chest, back, etc.), but each slot is made up of individual components that may also be swapped out.
- Parts of the environment that are destroyed will be regenerated over time, the speed of which will be determined by population and the extent of the damage done.
And the big one, the huge one the mega bullet point:
- The world is vast; travel will require a time investment and a money investment.
I am literally sitting here shedding a tear of joy as I type. This has been the best day in my 14+ year MMO gaming career.
Random Forum Poster: I want an MMO that is different, original and fun.
Me: So you want something like EQN
Them: Nah dude, I want a Holy Trinity, Tab Target combat, Instanced Raiding, and Rigid classes.
Me: Double Facepalm.