Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE Live Day 2: EverQuest Next Nightly Recap

DaakenDaaken Member Posts: 158

http://www.eqnexus.com/2013/08/soe-live-day-2-everquest-next-nightly-recap/

The main things I take away from this are:

• Armor (and the ability to craft intricate armor components) will be a major form of character customization, and many custom items will be recognizable on sight.
  • Crafting skill will not be advanced by repeatedly making the same item over and over.
  • Player housing will be in game, but no details are available yet.
  • Gear system provides 5 visual slots (chest, back, etc.), but each slot is made up of individual components that may also be swapped out.
  • Parts of the environment that are destroyed will be regenerated over time, the speed of which will be determined by population and the extent of the damage done.

And the big one, the huge one the mega bullet point:
  • The world is vast; travel will require a time investment and a money investment.

I am literally sitting here shedding a tear of joy as I type.  This has been the best day in my 14+ year MMO gaming career.

Random Forum Poster: I want an MMO that is different, original and fun.

Me: So you want something like EQN

Them: Nah dude, I want a Holy Trinity, Tab Target combat, Instanced Raiding, and Rigid classes.

Me: Double Facepalm.

Comments

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

This is what I take away from it .

Player stats are called attributes.  Equipment will not provide attributes.  Additional attributes will be extremely rare and will require tremendous effort to modify.  All attributes will have impactful meaning for all classes.

??? what is the point of equipment / gear ?

The ability hotbar will have a maximum of 4 weapon skills and 4 class skills at any given time.

....well lets see I probably only need 8 .

1 Single target taunt

2 AE taunt

3 Charge/ Leap

4. Kick

weapon skills

1. Shield Bash

2. Stun

3. Single target atk

4. AE atk .

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by Daaken

• Armor (and the ability to craft intricate armor components) will be a major form of character customization, and many custom items will be recognizable on sight.
    • Crafting skill will not be advanced by repeatedly making the same item over and over.
    • Gear system provides 5 visual slots (chest, back, etc.), but each slot is made up of individual components that may also be swapped out.
    • Parts of the environment that are destroyed will be regenerated over time, the speed of which will be determined by population and the extent of the damage done.

• The world is vast; travel will require a time investment and a money investment.

I am literally sitting here shedding a tear of joy as I type.  This has been the best day in my 14+ year MMO gaming career.

Love it.

• wesmowesmo Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Daaken

Im with you friend, excited as well especially with the travel aspects.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Grailer

??? what is the point of equipment / gear ?

Attributes are things like strength, intelligence, etc

• wizardszwizardsz Member Posts: 13

This one is even better

http://eqn.junkiesnation.com/2013/08/02/eq-next-world-of-eqn/

Travel is ‘invest in time’ – pay money for wiz port.  Big world.

• TaoMcDohlTaoMcDohl Member UncommonPosts: 103
    All great things.  Great changes, something different.  A game where I'm interacting with the world, and the community.  Where the world is vast and full of wander.  A game where simply grinding an instance repeatedly doesn't make me the most awesome force on the planet.  I love it.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Originally posted by TaoMcDohl
    All great things.  Great changes, something different.  A game where I'm interacting with the world, and the community.  Where the world is vast and full of wander.  A game where simply grinding an instance repeatedly doesn't make me the most awesome force on the planet.  I love it.

I hope they get some water content in the game to add further to the vast and wander.  Kedge Keep, etc.  It would also be cool to see some other things appear such as player ships/pirate content, but that stuff is usually a last consideration.