Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guess the (1) Announced and then the (2) Actual Launch Date of Everquest Next

noncleynoncley LondonPosts: 647Member Uncommon

My guess is:

(1) Announced Launch Date - April 2015

(2) Actual Launch Date - March 2017.

What do you think?

Comments

• XssivXssiv Haskell, NJPosts: 359Member

Announced Launch Date:  November 2015

Actual Launch Date:  September 2016

• arunasmearunasme asdPosts: 119Member

The game will get repetative and boring really quick. They talked much and did not show anything else. Multiclassing - big deal, been there done that. Destructable environemnt? So what? Look at the last fight all that for so little damage GL with your "tunel down". And if they change that big deal "it regenerates" So no whatever what you do youll probably get the same scenery in 15-30 minutes. Migrating npc's. Big deal who cares where youll have to kill them ? You'll stil be killing orc like the past 15 years. Vaulting, doublejumping etc. Wow... its not like you couldnt get on a mount in any of todays game and just run accross everything, EXPLORE IT - like anyones doing this these days, even if they do, just go up the highest point in the map and make a screenie with the moon/sun at the top. Anyway nothing grounbreaking, beautiful skin for a typical mmo.

The lanskape or w/e its called mod/tool/game is where its at. If we can design these lanscapes that were shows in the tech demo then its really interesting. For a while atleast, until one realises its not that hard to actualy build that which you have in your head.

• LorgarnLorgarn SwedenPosts: 371Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by arunasme

The game will get repetative and boring really quick. They talked much and did not show anything else. Multiclassing - big deal, been there done that. Destructable environemnt? So what? Look at the last fight all that for so little damage GL with your "tunel down". And if they change that big deal "it regenerates" So no whatever what you do youll probably get the same scenery in 15-30 minutes. Migrating npc's. Big deal who cares where youll have to kill them ? You'll stil be killing orc like the past 15 years. Vaulting, doublejumping etc. Wow... its not like you couldnt get on a mount in any of todays game and just run accross everything, EXPLORE IT - like anyones doing this these days, even if they do, just go up the highest point in the map and make a screenie with the moon/sun at the top. Anyway nothing grounbreaking, beautiful skin for a typical mmo.

The lanskape or w/e its called mod/tool/game is where its at. If we can design these lanscapes that were shows in the tech demo then its really interesting. For a while atleast, until one realises its not that hard to actualy build that which you have in your head.

It's funny though, most of the things you mentioned is actually somewhat groundbreaking, in the MMO genre at least. Sure, there has been games which had one or two features mentioned above. However, there hasn't been any games so far which have had everything of this.

You're calling this, "not groundbreaking", which is essentially saying that it's standard. See where I'm getting at? :) That's a stupid and wrong statement to make, if you doesn't realize this I'm surprised. Unless you haven't played any MMO before which then I totally understand where you're coming from. :)

• arunasmearunasme asdPosts: 119Member

It's nothing that would keep you glued to you monitor over a week/month of play. Im not blaming anyone and I dont hate the team over this.  They did not go over theyr head to shove all this "amazing" stuff at us prior to this announcement.

It's just that im personaly disapointed (again) yet again I was dreaming that maybe the mmo genre will see something unseen and unheard off. Maybe they would find a way to make a game and present it like meanings  "killing orcs","questing","classes" never existed. Show us that SOMETHING that I personaly cant even imagine ... well...and make it nothing short of amazing.

Hell, maybe it would not even be called an mmorpg...  just retain the aspect of a massively multiplayer online experience