Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest Next: Mind=Blown!

Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
I cannot believe some of this stuff im seeing... its like everything anyone has ever wanted shoved into 1 game. I know there is more info we need/want. but damn.. i have seen the future of mmo's just now.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I agree. If this actually works in game, it will be amazing. 
  • MasterZedXMasterZedX Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I agree
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

The concepts are awesome.

The graphics look like it was targeted at preschoolers.

Mixed feeling, I doubt this game will satisfy EQ players.

• DeltaFrc670DeltaFrc670 Member Posts: 71

• loltacololloltacolol Member UncommonPosts: 26

This game seems way to farfetched, it has very good ideas but uhhhhhh....

This is SoE lets see them pull this all off.

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    well were talking about trend setters setting more trends..i think they can do it.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

This looks awesome... and we will have EverQuest Landmark THIS WINTER!!

I'm stoked.  I would have preferred more realistic graphics, we we all knew that wasn't going to be the case for a game going mass market.  The computers of the masses just aren't there yet. 

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    It looks awsome, graphically and features.  The movements are like a console action game and look fluid, I love that you break everything, I love Everquest Landmark feature, the combat looks intense, I love how the AI is and how big the world is not just on the surface but on many levels like an onion.  I am a fan of everquest next, cannot wait to play it.
  • mos0811mos0811 Member Posts: 173
    I'm not blown away at all.  Yeah some of the technology is cool, but the gameplay doesn't look interesting at all.  This is great for action oriented mmo's but I was hoping for a MMORPG.
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

If SOE manage to pull off all the things they are saying about EverQuest Next, it's probably going to be the best MMO todate. I assume that there are also going to have nVidia's Physx enhancements enabled in the game.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    I love the over all look and feel of the game. Especially all the different moves you make while exploring.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

he was spot on with the holy grails of gaming. the multi class thing GW2 got on earlier but to see all of this in 1 game is insane. i can rest assure that after today many mmo game makers with be rethinking much.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    I don't know any of the features but I'm glad they're bringing up something exciting that clearly has people buzzing... at the moment, I'm just disappointed/put off by the character art style.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The big combat demo at the end was amazing .. objects / walls / floors getting damaged during the fight, blown apart.

Worlds can be created and destroyed .. I'll take a dynamic game with more basic graphics anyday of the week over a game with a beautiful yet boring world.

Oh yeah, and confirmed day / night cycles .. and nighttime was pretty dark. -)

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• zoinxzoinx Member Posts: 15
    Cartoon graphics, a nice red square to tell you where not to stand so you dont get hit, rushing into a crowd of mobs and not having to think about it and from what i gather button bashing skills. Think ive played this somewhere before :S
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    It's the new Minecraft 2014 :)
  • FarstryderFarstryder Member UncommonPosts: 69
    This game is insane .. mind blown. The graphics argument people sound idiotic the graphics were bad ass.

Farstryder,

the night time was amazing...but damn the enemies learning about you and the world and constantly changing tactics! holy hell! and not to mention the fact that the rallying calls with give you a unique part of history in the game..its just simply amazing!

• helothelot Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Doesn't look like EQ at all.   Rename it.    I'm glad the wow kiddies have something to play for 3 months till they return to blizzard.
  • Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    The in game action part looked like Dragon Nest, but with Disney's beauty and the beast and with little low poly debris covering entire screen making it hard to see any action :)
  • GelthidorGelthidor Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Looks great imo. The artstyle is perfect in my eyes, since I prefer the more stylized look to realism, and the ability to customize, create, destroy, etc, sounds really fun...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by DeaconX
    I don't know any of the features but I'm glad they're bringing up something exciting that clearly has people buzzing... at the moment, I'm just disappointed/put off by the character art style.

Read up on them... Regardless if this game will fit you, it's still good to know where this industry is (finally) heading..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• greed4284greed4284 Member UncommonPosts: 5

This looks really awesome !

My 1 complaint would be to Tone down the amount of Damage being done to the area, seemed a little chaotic.

There ideas on how the game will change over time and restart, it seems REALLY cool !

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by DeaconX I don't know any of the features but I'm glad they're bringing up something exciting that clearly has people buzzing... at the moment, I'm just disappointed/put off by the character art style.
    Read up on them... Regardless if this game will fit you, it's still good to know where this industry is (finally) heading..

Indeed. If this becomes the new flagship mmo, I am definitely looking forward to the next ten years on this genre.