Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reveal Stream / Preview Article General Discussion Thread

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Reveal stream: http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext

Our preview: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/952/feature/7640/EverQuest-Next-The-Future-of-the-MMORPG-Lies-in-Norrath.html

Videos: http://www.mmorpg.com/videos.cfm

Let's keep general reveal stream / preview / video discussion to this thread for now. We're seeing a lot of new unnecessary threads for each article that pops up and segment of the reveal stream. New threads will be locked and redirected here.

Comments

• JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

Am I the only one who ACUTALLY likes the graphics?

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

As i see it :

-A bunch of cool ideas,  but so did Gw2 have them and look how it ended.

-A lot of it´s features can potentially  be boring, repetitive and exploitable.

-The cartoonish lovechild of wow with guild wars 2 level graphics looks weird to me.

-The combat is being sold as "awesome" when other less known games like pso2 have it even better.

It does have it´s good points though and i think it´s good that they finally gave the "no levelers" a mmorpg of their own and i am very happy for them, but overall this game not only ain´t my cup of tea but can potentially end up in disaster.

I am not saying it cannot end up being very good, but it has A LOT to live up for and as of now the game is barebones.

It´s easy to promise when you barely have the skeleton of the game.

• malkovichmalkovich Member UncommonPosts: 18

i love EQ , i will play and love this game , so many things look awesome...

but - the first thing i saw looked just like a cartoony worgen with ridiculously oversized armor particularly shoulder armor.

really let down by the first impressions of the art stlye.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    tldr:

no levels, but 40 multi classes to pick from. fully destructive environments "done right". players create content alongside devs since players get through content too quickly. world can be permanently changed. game has "emergent artificial intelligence" where npcs have motivations and preferences and behavior.

eqn "landmark" will be available to people in the winter, which is a tool to create allthis stuff.

they say the game is going to be the largest collaboration in gaming history, between devs and players.

sounds like landmark will be released first. then eqn after that
  • RoscRosc Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by malkovich

i love EQ , i will play and love this game , so many things look awesome...

but - the first thing i saw looked just like a cartoony worgen with ridiculously oversized armor particularly shoulder armor.

really let down by the first impressions of the art stlye.

I love the design, the sandbox, the open world.

I really do not like the graphics. I'll try and keep an open mind, though.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Yeah Feerot! Nice zone check out these screens:

Oh wait, nvm that's Zul'Drak from WoW.

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420

You are definitely not! I have always been a huge fan of the cartoony styles. I'm glad that WildStar is going with this style and I'm glad that EQN is sticking with it.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

Hm.  I can see why MMORPG and TTN were giddy after the June previews.

I guess I have a couple of initial comments.

a) Will a EQN GOONSquad form to screw anything and everything up?  Will there be enough servers so Player X can find a community they like, or will all of them be reduced to rubble?  (Or will the majority be anti-chaos, for that matter?)

b) Now we know why Titan got rebooted.  Blizzard got an eyeful and realized they had to reset and rebuild.  It's looking like FF14 AAR is going to be the last big release of current-gen MMOs.  The buy-in at the Big Boy table just got raised by SOE.

Otherwise - damn, they weren't kidding.  I hope it's a fun game!

• Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    The emotes are just fantastic :)

They do look pretty cool. Think of the cyber possibilities. lol

In terms of the gameplay, if they do this right it very well could be fantastic. The world needs to be absolutely gigantic though. Huge, with plenty of space for everything - Lots of mostly empty space for player expansion, and lots of filled space for player fun immediately. There needs to be both types.

If you're the type of person who doesn't like big empty stretches of land (as seen in SWG), then don't go to those places.

As for the art and graphics, the characters look like a mix between Warhammer, WOW, and Pixar. The humans are a little too Pixar-ish. It looks okay, but I wish they had gone for a more realistic approach rather than cartoony/childish looking.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Love the emotes, love the clothing movement.
    The movement system looks really well done. They're calling it parkour. Your character will jump over minor obstacles and slide/climb down/up slopes without you having to press anything. Each character has a special movement ability like teleporting or hulk jump.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

This is EQ in name only.

I think it looks pretty good but it's not Everquest.. not even the lore.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Nope, really like their graphics direction, characters seem connected to the world, I alway's felt slightly disconnected with the world with my characers in EQ.

What I've seen so far did really impress me.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I normally prefer realistic style but these I don't mind.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • blub24blub24 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    i really need the music which played during the sand painting

Combat looks similar to Neverwinter combat. Action based, face paced, and fun. 

Source: twitch live stream footage

• wizardszwizardsz Member Posts: 13
    holy....the AI :O
  • RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

Liked de Artificial Life System thing

the devs of UO tried to implement this on UO but never worked

The mobs won't have static spawns. Rather the mobs will wander the world looking for a good place to set up camp. Their example was orcs or goblins who are looking for a road that players and merchants travel down but the city guards don't patrol there, so that the orcs can kill them for their gold. If players start killing them too much or tell the guards to patrol that road, the mobs will pack their backs and move camp to the next good ambush spot.
  • JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131
    I need to see more combat, because so far I like everything except for the player combat. The enemies actually hav some sick attacks, like that guardian in the magma chambers.

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Nope, I love it too.

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Mine craft abilities, pvp siege. Looking good. Though the character models look to tend to the cartoon side.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

"You can just take a pick and start digging a tunnel". Looks like the wet dream of Minecraft fans just happened.

o_O

Spelunking  FTW! Just watch out for the lava.

I'm wondering how fast it "repair" itself though, they will have to do it otherwise Norrath will end up as a swiss cheese really fast.

A burned swiss cheese.

I'm impressed so far, outside of not really caring for the cartoony graphics. If they can deliver half of what they are proposing this game will revolutionize the genre.

The procedurally generated conent is very cool sounding.