Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long after the live stream ends

Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324
Until we get the first OMG! This game will be so fail blah blah blah.

Comments

• grifjgrifj Member Posts: 110
    It will happen plenty DURING the livestream.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

It will happen as soon as someone sees a mini-map.

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Instead of being witty, op comes across as a fail hater.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Valgar1
    Until we get the first OMG! This game will be so fail blah blah blah.

The mmo genre is so big now, so many people that there is no way to please everyone.  Also, with how bad games have been for quite sometime...people are so use to fail, its expected.  Seriously, we're at the point where when a game launches we say, "well it's not bad for a launch."  Really though, is that acceptable?  That's just the nature of the gaming industry.  Anyway, yes...haters gonna hate, but bottom line some will be stoked others pissed...is what it is.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Actually im a die hard Eq1 fan. I am hoping it is EQ1 with new graphics . Have yet to find that feeling again in todays games

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

That does bring up a interesting question, why hate something we know nothing of?

I mean I understand the hate for swtor, and other WoW clones or themeparks that lacked depth, and though sometimes the hate wasn't based on anything we knew at the time (GW2) but where problems that came up after launch, (therefore not vindicating the haters technically), other times there just seems to be a lot of miss-information, but this time we have all the hate based one what? Peoples speculations? Cuz that's all we have till a few hours from now.

• ShezziShezzi Member Posts: 126

Suppose there's already negativity from some who are predisposed to be haters.

Personally hoping to be pleasantly surprised, especially in view of the statement that SWG fans would be delighted.

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

Or from some "hardcore" FFA PvPer as soon as they announce the different server types...

Or when there are a bunch of ! over NPCs.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Yeah, I'm going with "during" as well.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    And when is suppose to start the live stream? In how many hours?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Originally posted by IceAge
    And when is suppose to start the live stream? In how many hours?

less than 1

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

I see this quote coming in to play about 12:05pm....

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Valgar1
    Actually im a die hard Eq1 fan. I am hoping it is EQ1 with new graphics . Have yet to find that feeling again in todays games

If you can handle being killed and looted, Darkfall UW has a very old school feel (in a good way).

I keep saying this.  As long as it doesn't have linear quest hubs and doesn't treat people like small children with no consequences for their actions...EQN will be great.  Those are not high goals to shoot for.  It's almost impossible for them to not attain those from what I've read.  So prepared to not be let down.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by zevni78

That does bring up a interesting question, why hate something we know nothing of?

I mean I understand the hate for swtor, and other WoW clones or themeparks that lacked depth, and though sometimes the hate wasn't based on anything we knew at the time (GW2) but where problems that came up after launch, (therefore not vindicating the haters technically), other times there just seems to be a lot of miss-information, but this time we have all the hate based one what? Peoples speculations? Cuz that's all we have till a few hours from now.

There are true Fanbois and Haters. I'd wager their numbers are fewer than what you'd think. 

But what I've seen in the past is someone will come out and give an opinion. In this case, let's assume it's that person's interpretation of what EQN will be based on some screens or a 5 minute Youtube.

Someone else disagrees with that interpretation. So the person who offered the initial opinion doesn't want to be wrong so the challenger must be. Since the challenger is wrong and doesn't agree with the initial opinion offered he is accused of being a hater. Likewise Someone who might agree with the opinion might defend it and get labled as a White Knight.

True fanboys and true haters are more often the same exact posters. They swap hats from fanboy to hater only depending on the game in question. Usually, the true fanboys and haters are the ones who use those very terms to describe everyone who disagrees with them more often than not.

Most people just offer various opinions.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Whats the link to the live stream

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by grifj

Hell someone is probably saying it as we speak.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Or from some "hardcore" FFA PvPer as soon as they announce the different server types...

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by zevni78

Peoples speculations? Cuz that's all we have till a few hours from now.

It's not speculations, it's expectations. Today's gamers expect games to have X, Y, Z as features because they are "sequels", made by the same dev as another game, etc. When they don't they start to lash out everywhere in a very bad way acting more juvenile than all the casual and mainstream players they accuse of being responsible for those "changes".

So expect the EQ1, PvP FFA and the pro-raiding groups to be pissed off and claims the game will be a failure in less than 1 hour from now. The people who are going to be happy are those with limited expectations and open minds.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Of course at the same time someone is writing  :OMG! This game will be so fail blah blah blah" someone else is going to be writing "OMG!This is the best game ever and will change the world as we know it!!!WoWKiller" etc.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This is their big reveal so the first 10 min is going to be all shine and no substance =-)
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I don´t mind. In that case, it´s simply another bump on the road to World of Darkness *shrug* ;)

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by grifj

This ^^^

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I don´t mind. In that case, it´s simply another bump on the road to World of Darkness *shrug* ;)

Unless you find out WoD isn't Eve with vampires.I mean it could be but just because they made Eve doesn't mean they won't go in a new direction with WoD if it fits better with the I.P.Don't get me wrong I expect PvP to play a large part in WoD  and inter clan politics too,but that doesn't necessarily mean an Eve clone.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Its happening now.  People already claiming this game is fail......

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is forum is VERY busy for the time being. This thread is not really relevant. Please discuss opinions about the presentation in appropriate threads.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.