Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could have done without the F bombs

Comments

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

F-bombs? - No biggie

Wrinkled un-tucked shirt? - Send him to the gallows!!!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by dejoblue
    Originally posted by Sovrath

But I ahve to ask and have to point out, on the contrary, if it offends so much, why are you here?

Doesn't offend. You can't offend me. Did you not read the "I had one of the most foul mouths... " part?

I had one of the most found mouths ever. ever.

You can show me the most foul, darkest, twisted images and I won't be offended. You can merge expletives that would make picasso proud (like a good friend of mine can... he can deftly handle profanity like the highest art) but all that means is that while I'm listening to you I will be thinking that you are a undeducated buffoon. You'll recognize it by my knowing smile.

And since you don't mind being represented this way (which I do respect mind you, be yourself no matter what I think of you) then we are good. image

I will raise you a crooked smile with the gap in my front teeth, because I know you are TOTALLY going to underestimate me.

lol Oh I won't underestimate you. I know a lot of uneducated buffoons and some don't amount to much and others well,

let's put it this way "uneducated" doesn't mean dumb.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307

But I ahve to ask and have to point out, on the contrary, if it offends so much, why are you here?

Doesn't offend. You can't offend me. Did you not read the "I had one of the most foul mouths... " part?

You can show me the most foul, darkest, twisted images and I won't be offended. You can merge expletives that would make picasso proud (like a good friend of mine can... he can deftly handle profanity like the highest art) but all that means is that while I'm listening to you I will be thinking that you are a undeducated buffoon. You'll recognize it by my knowing smile.

And since you don't mind being represented this way (which I do respect mind you, be yourself no matter what I think of you) then we are good. image

I will raise you a crooked smile with the gap in my front teeth, because I know you are TOTALLY going to underestimate me.

lol Oh I won't underestimate you. I know a lot of uneducated buffoons and some don't amount to much and others well,

You need a dictionary or need to not use colloquialisms if you are to convince me of your authority.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

it just means he is comfortable in his position. i do live events for a living (many larger than SOE live) and there are a number of CEO's and presidents of companies that like to joke around with their audience/employees, including crude humor. it all depends on the audience though.. for one of our shows we had a guy complain about the use of a darwin image tainting him with satanist ideals. the image was in reference to their business model "evolving." 

you can't please everyone. if you can't handle profanity in a mature manner then i would recommend getting out more or you will lead a pretty sad life of being easily offended and angry all of the time. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

You need a dictionary or need to not use colloquialisms if you are to convince me of your authority.

I own my colloquialisms and you know what I mean.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I've also me,t a lot of very well edumecated dumb people in my day lol

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Markusrind

I am suprised you focused on the F words.

I was having fun watching that guy in the front row getting a hand job!

wth? lol

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Awareness and wisdom are two arts rarely practiced by gamers these days. So it's no surprise that the buffoons pandering to them often show them a mirror rather than a window. There is a time and place for everything. It's just too bad people do not seem to care if the lines are blurred. Oh well. You have at least one other poster who understands your point.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    I'm not offended.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Seems like a veiled way to throw hate towards Smed, along with the other comments, as people said, it is a convention in Vegas...
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    It is a fine line between being too corporate and no fun and being a unprofessional slob.  Either way, being super offended by a couple F bombs is pretty silly.  Life is a bitch.  You've got have soooo much more to worry about than this.
  • JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

Yeah, im sure all the kiddies were out for SOE live...

LOL!

No onethere was under the age of 35, garunteed.

Im pretty sure Smed even joked that he was the "Youngest Buck" at the program. Silly smed, I think that guys funny, in that drunka annoying uncle kinda way. Like you cant hate him because he still gives you the best christmas presents (EQN).

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Xthos
    Seems like a veiled way to throw hate towards Smed, along with the other comments, as people said, it is a convention in Vegas...

Yeah...............nothing "shady" goes on in Vegas.

• MagKilnMagKiln Member Posts: 46

Free Speech what a wonderful thing in America.....as long as those politically correct folks don't hear it right? 

LOL he said a bad word OMG who cares really. Can't we think of something else to discuss about EQN? 

If his bad language offended you fine, you had every right to turn the channel. No one made you continue to watch it.

Its not like he was on every channel an forced you to listen. 

Politically correctness at its finest.

Meh

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

Awareness and wisdom are two arts rarely practiced by gamers these days. So it's no surprise that the buffoons pandering to them often show them a mirror rather than a window. There is a time and place for everything. It's just too bad people do not seem to care if the lines are blurred. Oh well. You have at least one other poster who understands your point.

Sometimes mirrors are also windows and windows are also mirrors. Literally and figuratively.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    His dislike for consoles make me like him more . If it wasnt SONY paying his wages he would of probley said f consoles i am a pc man. oh wait he did say he was a pc man.
    Originally posted by MagKiln

Free Speech what a wonderful thing in America.....as long as those politically correct folks don't hear it right? 

LOL he said a bad word OMG who cares really. Can't we think of something else to discuss about EQN? 

If his bad language offended you fine, you had every right to turn the channel. No one made you continue to watch it.

Meh

Political correctness has nothing to do with representing a company.

He's trying to sell a product, most people who sell products try to respect their userbase.

SoE's announcements and Sony announcements are a world of difference.

And no, saying "fuck" and being a troll every 5 minutes isn't being respectful.

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

Another example of sorry brainwashed peons.

Sticks and stones.

Actions are louder than words. Words can be used to harm, and they can also be used to mend. Does a word have a bad meaning itself, or does how we use it define its true meaning?

I can say fuck a million times and never use it in a negative fashion. I could say it once and it be a terrible thing. I could also say a word like 'love' and be talking about a terrible thing.

You sad pawns need to get your head out of your ass, its not the word, its the intention. A word is a word, hearing fuck isn't going to make your kid go do something crazy. It's usually the parent that reprimands a kid for doing anything that wouldn't look perfect in today's society that ends up having the child that does crazy shit.

It goes both way people, if you can't say "fuck" in your games or on the forums, then the last person who should be doing it is your CEO. It's hypocrisy to say it's ok if he does it but not ok if the playerbase does it.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    vaginas

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Waterlily
    Originally posted by MagKiln

Meh

Political correctness has nothing to do with representing a company.

He's trying to sell a product, most people who sell products try to respect their userbase.

SoE's announcements and Sony announcements are a world of difference.

And no, saying "fuck" and being a troll every 5 minutes isn't being respectful.

you got him pegged waterlily, he was directing all of his disrespect specifically at you. he knew you would be watching and knew you would be offended by his casual dress and two cuss words. 

you win this round, smedley, next time though, waterlily knows you are coming!

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

Here is a game where we brutally kill monsters and other races and take all their belongings... but OO NOOO he said the F word most likely because he was a few beers in... really?

Good great jebus people.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

So he said something not so nice that others think he should not have...and this is different from the rest of the world how?

Those against it, show your disdain. Don't play SOE games, and that includes EQN!

What? You'll still play? Well, so much for self-righteousness and soapbox morality rants. image

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by mmorpgmaner
    Another example of sorry brainwashed peons.
    Sticks and stones.
    Actions are louder than words. Words can be used to harm, and they can also be used to mend. Does a word have a bad meaning itself, or does how we use it define its true meaning?
    I can say fuck a million times and never use it in a negative fashion. I could say it once and it be a terrible thing. I could also say a word like 'love' and be talking about a terrible thing.
    You sad pawns need to get your head out of your ass, its not the word, its the intention. A word is a word, hearing fuck isn't going to make your kid go do something crazy. It's usually the parent that reprimands a kid for doing anything that wouldn't look perfect in today's society that ends up having the child that does crazy shit.

I think the nail hit you on the head. Its not intention that matters, its the perception.