Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could have done without the F bombs

Comments

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by ElderRat

I thought the disheveld appearance, the shirt that badly needed ironing, showed more about his attitude than his language. He dressed like he didn't care he was selling product(games), it was a you are going to buy this anyways I can do what I want thing.

Sorry but I related to him i say fuck all the time and wear sweatpants and a wrinkley shirts and am a fat bastard past my 20's. If you want to be catered to Blizzcon will be back this November and you can act like an investor that expects your CEO to wear a suit and tie at the FAN convention rather than a GAMER that would like to know the people making your games are human beings that say fuck and make sex jokes.

Oh I forgot, there might be kids watching, THINK OF THE CHILDREN, because they have no parents, it is Smeds responsibility to make sure YOUR child doesn't watch something inappropriate. Sorry, it DOES NOT take a village and I AM NOT responsible for YOU or YOUR child. And while we are at it please go play another game because I do NOT want YOU in MY community.

It goes both ways and if you want to see who can scream the loudest, I am going to win...and you are going to complain...because I won.

Some people want to know the rules so they do not get into trouble. I want to know the rules so I know what you will and will not do. Then I will break those rules while you stand there and complain, keeping your "dignity" while I eat your lunch.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    It would have been perfectly acceptable though if he would have been tatted all over his body with peircings hanging out all over his nose , lips and ears with "eat me" tattoed on his eyelids.
  • RoscRosc Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Waterlily

It's not just Smedley to be honest, it's SoE.

"Nvidia has helped us optimize the game. Who buys ATI anyway. Show me a show of hands. See no one"

"Come here and get your gift girl. You'll need the baseball cap for your hair"

"Here's a price for you....two balls..."

It's this preschooler attitude that can annoy people. Half the people working for SoE are great people, the other half are plain trolls.

I don't mind being silly, but the real comedy here is the PS4 is launching with a Radeon graphics card.

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by dejoblue

I thought the disheveld appearance, the shirt that badly needed ironing, showed more about his attitude than his language. He dressed like he didn't care he was selling product(games), it was a you are going to buy this anyways I can do what I want thing.

Sorry but I related to him i say fuck all the time and wear sweatpants and a wrinkley shirts and am a fat bastard past my 20's. If you want to be catered to Blizzcon will be back this November and you can act like an investor that expects your CEO to wear a suit and tie at the FAN convention rather than a GAMER that would like to know the people making your games are human beings that say fuck and make sex jokes.

Oh I forgot, there might be kids watching, THINK OF THE CHILDREN, because they have no parents, it is Smeds responsibility to make sure YOUR child doesn't watch something inappropriate. Sorry, it DOES NOT take a village and I AM NOT responsible for YOU or YOUR child. And while we are at it please go play another game because I do NOT want YOU in MY community.

It goes both ways and if you want to see who can scream the loudest, I am going to win...and you are going to complain...because I won.

Some people want to know the rules so they do not get into trouble. I want to know the rules so I know what you will and will not do. Then I will break those rules while you stand there and complain, keeping your "dignity" while I eat your lunch.

You sir win this thread, close it now :)

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by Rogosh

meh, he just wins this:

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I bet that kids know more swearing words than you op.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Saxx0n
    It would have been perfectly acceptable though if he would have been tatted all over his body with peircings hanging out all over his nose , lips and ears with "eat me" tattoed on his eyelids.

i think Eat Me should be a trampstamp instead.

although i had a friend who had TramStamp tatooed where the trampstamp should go.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Rogosh

meh, he just wins this:

agreed. his idea of a great insult consists of a string outdated memes starting in the 90s.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by Foomerang

It was juvenile. Is that how they see us? Maybe they thought they were pandering to their target demographic.

You've been around awhile. You've seen these forums and I'm sure others.  You should already know the answer to this.  The internet lets people go wild.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

With all the things that you can criticize Smed for, you go after bad language at a Convention being held in Las Vegas?

That's fucked up...

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

you sure took alot from what I said. All I said was the disheveled appearance was more than the language.  I never mentioned the children,  mostly from what I have seen the children of today are an unruly bunch, language and disheveld appearances  are what they have learned from their parents. And please c'mon up here and try to take my lunch - your dignity will be bruised, lol.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by OldManFunk
    When Smed fucked up he admitted to his mistake, yet here you are, posting on the Internet, calling Smed out for owning up to his mistake? Unbelievable.

I agree and find this thread pathetic.

"ohhh it's the end of the world, smed dropped the f-bomb" 

Cry more please, seriously get a grip OP.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    He said it twice and it was an accident get over it.  Like you haven't done the same.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I wish that people actually showed some back bone when it came to what people said. So many people take offense to everything who cares if someone says fuck? 

"I wish people would be adult enough to know about time and place and didn't think that everyone needs to suffer their antics every time they feel like inflicting themselves on the public"

Yup works in the inverse as well!

Actually I'll add to this...

I used to have one of the most foul mouths around. Until people started pointing out (and thinking) that I was an uneducated buffoon. People wouldn't take me seriously as I was just that foul mouth kid.

And then I grew up.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    I'm sure all of us will be thinking of the kids as we hack to death, burn or bash anything moving on the server.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I wish that people actually showed some back bone when it came to what people said. So many people take offense to everything who cares if someone says fuck? 

"I wish people would be adult enough to know about time and place and didn't think that everyone needs to suffer their antics every time they feel like inflicting themselves on the public"

Yup works in the inverse as well!

Actually I'll add to this...

I used to have one of the most foul mouths around. Until people started pointing out (and thinking) that I was an uneducated buffoon. People wouldn't take me seriously as I was just that foul mouth kid.

And then I grew up.

Finally a good point. I am ok with being labeled ignorant or a low life becasue I curse, it is great to at least know that, to realise it and then not care. You assume much.

But I ahve to ask and have to point out, on the contrary, if it offends so much, why are you here?

Why are any of the haters here? They are here because of jealousy, they do not want anyone to havefun. I mean that is the basis of society, fairness in who gets to have fun, right. i mean I cant have 2 wives, I would then be having more fun than someone with 1. Nope, 1 wife to each man. There is so much wrong with the world and it all comes down to your jealousy that someone, Smed, had fun and was himself.

Thanks for pointing out the error of Smeds ways. Maybe he will apologise, maybe you will get a grown man to apologise to you for saying a word. What a great victory in our free society. Bully for you.

If he doesnt and you do not like it then leave.

That is my honest, "grown up" opinion.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    The irony is that if Smedley was just a user on MMORPG.COM he would get a ban after 1 day.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

"F-Bombs"????

Hey OP maybe you can get Smed arrested under the Patriot Act

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

I dont think it is a mistake. And he was kind enough to kind to apologize for something that did not harm anyone.

Seriously, you guys are acting like this is against your religion. If his actions do not affect others peoples freedom, then why is it considered harmful. Do you think if you don't enforce your karma police on guilting him, he will become out of control and swear more often, and possibly even direct his swearing at people?

He is a passionate person, who enjoys what he does. He was comfortable with his audience/ customers. 

If anything, you should have learnt something... how to swear, and make it look cool and not offend anyone.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Waterlily
    The irony is that if Smedley was just a user on MMORPG.COM he would get a ban after 1 day.

Thats cause the mods on this sight are over-zealous prudes

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

"Prepare to be f'ing blown away!"

"Biggest f'ing sandbox ever!"

"You won't be f'ing disappointed!"

But I ahve to ask and have to point out, on the contrary, if it offends so much, why are you here?

Doesn't offend. You can't offend me. Did you not read the "I had one of the most foul mouths... " part?

I had one of the most found mouths ever. ever.

You can show me the most foul, darkest, twisted images and I won't be offended. You can merge expletives that would make picasso proud (like a good friend of mine can... he can deftly handle profanity like the highest art) but all that means is that while I'm listening to you I will be thinking that you are a undeducated buffoon. You'll recognize it by my knowing smile.

And since you don't mind being represented this way (which I do respect mind you, be yourself no matter what I think of you) then we are good. image

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Dear OP, 

Please grow up. They are just words.

Go use that righteous indignation to complain about something actually important, like the NSA.

Doesn't offend. You can't offend me. Did you not read the "I had one of the most foul mouths... " part?

I had one of the most found mouths ever. ever.

You can show me the most foul, darkest, twisted images and I won't be offended. You can merge expletives that would make picasso proud (like a good friend of mine can... he can deftly handle profanity like the highest art) but all that means is that while I'm listening to you I will be thinking that you are a undeducated buffoon. You'll recognize it by my knowing smile.

And since you don't mind being represented this way (which I do respect mind you, be yourself no matter what I think of you) then we are good. image

I will raise you a crooked smile with the gap in my front teeth, because I know you are TOTALLY going to underestimate me.