Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Screenshots and Gameplay

MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/422067/new-elder-scrolls-online-gameplay-and-screenshots/

Lookin' good. Can't wait to see the feed from tomorrow's live demo at QuakeCom.

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Looking good. The detail of the environments, lighting, shadows, etc improves with each build I see. What I like is that the environments seem quite varied..at least on the surface for the little we get to see. The artwork is right up my alley, as well as the variety and detail of the NPCs. The questing scenes are also what I like, better than the way it was handled for the personal story in GW2, but not as cut scene like as SWTOR. I loved the environments in GW2, especially the cities, but I remember half way through the game thinking if I see one more replica snowy areas Im gonna barf lol.

It was great to see the progress on the first person with the hands and I think the animations have improved as well. I do hope they make the combat feel more 'connected' for first person as they seemed to imply in the interview

There Is Always Hope!

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    No question ESO will have the best looking graphics in any MMO ever created.  My concern is how long will this last?  At the moment I think it is just a reincarnation of  GW2, but I will hold my judgement until I see the actual thing in 12 hours from now!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I love that the combat and interface is like the single player games and the first person view.  The game looks amazing
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Looks excellent and true to TES.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Looks great, so far I see no reason why I wouldn't pick it up.
  • GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Very beautiful graphics. I am curious about this game and will def keep it on my radar. Only four games interest me at the moment, Elder scrolls, Ever quest, FF14 and Wildstar.
  • QuickShatterQuickShatter Member Posts: 12
    You and everyone else in the MMO universe bro. ;D
  • BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

Holy crap, the developers actually listened to us and did a complete 180 here. That looks like a Co-Op Morrowind.

Damn.... keep in mind that's only a video with short bits of combat, but it LOOKs from those few bits like I was playing Morrowind, or a cheaper version of Skyrim....not entirely a bad thing.

Not bad :)

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    I'm looking forward to trying this game but I'm not digging the whole no-recoil-at-all-when-hitting-on-things (they mention this in the video and I understand it's a compromise, but after playing so much Skyrim it just feels off) and the fact that magic spells seem to home in on you, like in WoW.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    I'm looking forward to trying this game but I'm not digging the whole no-recoil-at-all-when-hitting-on-things (they mention this in the video and I understand it's a compromise, but after playing so much Skyrim it just feels off) and the fact that magic spells seem to home in on you, like in WoW.

I feel the same.

I'm trying to reserve judgement until I get to play the game, and get to see how blocking with a shield works.

Shield + 1H (mostly sword) was/is my absolute favorite Skyrim combo. Never was a fan of how they did magic.

Bow was 2nd.

Once I see how those combat styles play, I'll decide if ESO is going to be worth my dollars or not.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

I feel the same.

I'm trying to reserve judgement until I get to play the game, and get to see how blocking with a shield works.

Shield + 1H (mostly sword) was/is my absolute favorite Skyrim combo. Never was a fan of how they did magic.

Bow was 2nd.

Once I see how those combat styles play, I'll decide if ESO is going to be worth my dollars or not.

Yea, I also wish it was a little more Skyrim like, but I guess that would give a huge advantage to the melee classes since aiming against human players would be a lot harder than aiming against a Skyrim NPC with spells like Incenerate (or arrows) that are a straight path. They would have to introduce more cone spells or more AOEs to even the battlefield. What I'm hoping is that block with shields plays a major role, or spells like ward in Skyrim where a mage can block incoming spells. I forgot if this game has dodge, I wish it did, and Im hopeful by release they will ensure you can hide being things to get away from homing missles. Finally, I really wish you could accidentally hit friendly team mates by accident :), but I realize what a mess that would become with people purposely killing their friends and then it becomes PVP lol.

There Is Always Hope!