Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last 9 hour predictions: Predict biggest "omg yes" and biggest "omg no"

2»

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

The outrage when people discover that, not only will there not be chat bubbles, but you won't be able to climb trees either!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by Phelcher

EQn will be the biggest non-linear game most of you will ever see...

Thus, most gamer's today, will become frustrated at no centralization and get nervous at the wild-wild-west openness of the game..

Gamers will actually have to learn to play instead of this

edit - the WoW kids are gonna flip out

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Saxx0n

Thus, most gamer's today, will become frustrated at no centralization and get nervous at the wild-wild-west openness of the game..

Which is exactly what SoE does NOT want.

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

"OMG YES" =  At some point in time there will be a game called EQ Next that one can play.

"OMG NO" = Said game will be just like 90% of the current mainstream MMO market.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Actually SOE seems to be making a stand on the issue. The WoW generation who have not been exposed to actual hardcore pre Wow gaming are themepark cripples and the cycle needs to be broken. The themepark WoW clones have the mmo industry in a tailspin. Hpoefully EQN will begin to correct this.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

themepark cripples and the cycle needs to be broken. 

wow. someone needs to roll one and ctfd. these are games, not processes by which we may sort out the true aryan race from the weak.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Actually SOE seems to be making a stand on the issue. The WoW generation who have not been exposed to actual hardcore pre Wow gaming are themepark cripples and the cycle needs to be broken. The themepark WoW clones have the mmo industry in a tailspin. Hpoefully EQN will begin to correct this.

Well, it's true that a cycle needs to be broken. But at the same time, they can't just break the cycle and be left with a niche game. That's not breaking the cycle. That's just putting up some small scale alternative to mainstream. They have to break the cycle but retain the population. It's a task I don't envy. Frankly, I don't believe SoE/EQN is going to achieve this. The game will be different, but at the same time, not really.

While taking a different path, I predict this game will probably do exactly what GW2 did. I'm not saying it will be another GW2, but the pattern will be the same. Huge hype train. People Players watching a 5 minute youtube video will totally re invent their expectations around it. Etc etc. In the end, EQ:N will probably be a decent game, but will in no way, justify the hype it's going to get. There will be backlash and a fallout and then fall into it's own dedicated core.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

The first round of beta will be restricted to those people that got registered while the beta app was "accidently" put up yesterday.

omg yes for some, omg no for others

• thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Omg Yes:

Massive crafting system

Auction House trading

Dark Nights

Stylized art style

PS4

Necromancers/Beastlord

Open world raids instead of traditional

Omg No:

Instances

Dungeon Finder

Flight Paths

4 actionbars on one screen

Perma-Death

Non-consensual pvp

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

omg yes: groundbreaking!

omg no: yawn same old same old

• kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

OMG YES!  - Old School, hardcore EQ game play.  FINALLY!

OMG NO! - More craptastic hand holding theme park bullshit. 

:p

• Princess.ClaudePrincess.Claude Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Your-Mom
    omg no: forced OW pvp, wack-a-mole combat, bad character design/animations, static world, loading screen between zones. 

They already said during last year's SoE Live that the world was seamless - so at least your last worry is not very likely to happen.

That is nice to hear, it's something i've missed a lot in other games image

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Omg yes : creating once again nostalgic memories with friends and guildies i can look back to when i get of old age

Omg no: a game thats a ghost town in a few months due lack of content and replayablitiy

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by arieste

"omg yes" - in addition to whatever next-generation gameplay, EQN will keep the type of core multi-person PvE endgame that has kept EQ1 going for 15 years and EQ2 for 10.

"omg no" - no ratonga.     (i would be sooooo sad)

Wasn't there are rat on the big artwork reveal?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I just hope that this item building "player studio" meta game is not SOE's idea of a revolutionary feature.  Its cool, but has no bearing on the actual gameplay during the game itself.  All conversations seem to gravitate towards some sort of Diablo 3, player auction on player designed items, and it makes me laugh and want to cry at the same time.  Bull$hit, i say.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Naqaj

The biggest thing people will get hyped about will be: total change of direction compared to the traditional MMOs and previous EQ

And the biggest thing people are whining about will be: total change of direction compared to the traditional MMOs and previous EQ

^

ONE example:  imagine they reveal it has action combat.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by granit1024

Yes: It's released on the PS4

No: It's released on the PS4. All the dumbed down, I wont play, sub 100$ pc spec whine will get tiresome.

In fairness, releasing a PC game on a console means it will be dumbed down. That's not debatable. There are things you can't do with a controller and 12 buttons (even if it has a very very small touch screen) that you can do with ease on a computer. Similar to the reason they don't let pc Battlefield players play with console ones, the pc users have such a massive advantage its unfair.

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Not really...